Advertisement

Author Topic: Starship Children's hospital is stupid IMO cause beggars can't be choosers  (Read 94 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I mean that money was won legally and could've help your organization out.. :idiot2: ???:

Children's hospital slaps down $520,000 donation from a horse racing trainer declaring it will not take any money linked to gambling - even though it could be vital helping sick kids

Starship Children's Hospital in New Zealand refused mega $520,000 donation
The offer had come from horse racing giant Mark Chittick from Waikato Stud
His horse took out the $10million Gold Eagle at Rosehill in Sydney on Saturday
Mr Chittick opted to give large chunk to foundation but the offer was rejected
Offer was received at 3pm giving foundation until the end of the day to consider
Considerations about the size and off-shore nature of the deal saw it rejected

A children's hospital has refused a $520,000 donation declaring it doesn't take money linked to sport or gambling.

The Starship Children's Hospital in Auckland declined the offer from horse racing giant Mark Chittick of New Zealand's Waikato Stud after his champion thoroughbred I wish I win took out the $10million Gold Eagle at the races at Rosehill in Sydney.

Mr Chittick tried to donate a chunk of his winnings to the charity to in the hope it would help vulnerable sick children, however following a 'polite' conversation the offer was rejected.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements