Advertisement

Author Topic: The layoff has started...  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Re: The layoff has started...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2022, 02:16:54 PM »
Supply chain shortages. Can't get components and raw materials. We all get the sh*t from the same source, China. I understand different industries require different goods but it all eventually leads back to raw materials.

Bingo! Our orders are biggest yet but can’t fulfilled because of raw materials.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 02:19:59 PM »

Should've listened to my parents 20+ years ago. The price we pay for being rootless in our 20's.

You got to do what you got to do because at the end of the day, no one else is paying your bills.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 03:27:29 PM »
Healthcare no layoff as long as 80% of them beds are filled up which is what is happening now.

The dynamic at tech is weird after the first layoff.  Those who got saved are starting to become superworkers.  You do not see them hanging out at the lunch room and you don't see people chit chatting like usual.  I mean what is there to talk about?  Layoff talk and the second wave of layoffs could be coming and you are next? 

All of a sudden, they come to work early like they have a point to prove and hoping that big boss could spare their working lives. 

Hmoobrock be making $10/hr and he survived while those who makes more are getting laid off.  What a dyslexia world we are living in.  Dyslexia, see what I did there?   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2022, 03:32:03 PM »
On the side note, let me show you what some tech companies are doing.  So if they know that a bunch of you guys are going to get laid off right?  Since we have thanksgiving and xmas and new years all around the same time, they be telling their workers to get two weeks off and burn off your PTO.  In this way, when they lay you off, they do not have to pay you for any unused PTO.  Sneaky Eh? 

The most severance package I heard of from a volunteer quit is 2 years of pay.  In California, I think they have to pay you 3 months of severance pay.  It's the law.  I would like to take a 2 years of pay and go work for the competition right away.  Wouldn't that be nice?   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2022, 08:08:59 PM »
I had the hardest time finding people to fill my open positions. Had to settle for two entry levels who were willing to learn.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2022, 08:11:24 PM »
No layoffs yet but a hiring freeze.  I work for one of the biggest furniture company in the US.  When covid-19 hit, we didn't slow down slow down like most places.  I'm in a position were they can't afford to lose me.  My experience and work ethics makes me an asset.  Also, all the managers knows me and they like cars too ;D

Different 💩 same smell

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2022, 09:16:49 PM »
i got promote to team lead

THAT GUY calls leeching off the elderly folks that owns the basement he lives in "team lead"... Doesn't even work..:idiot2: ;D ;D

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2022, 08:24:57 AM »
I had the hardest time finding people to fill my open positions. Had to settle for two entry levels who were willing to learn.

You still hiring  ;D

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2022, 08:27:55 AM »
No layoffs yet but a hiring freeze.  I work for one of the biggest furniture company in the US.  When covid-19 hit, we didn't slow down slow down like most places.  I'm in a position were they can't afford to lose me.  My experience and work ethics makes me an asset.  Also, all the managers knows me and they like cars too ;D

Well I was looking for sectionals and everything I wanted was 6-8 months out earlier this year. Do your job!

Joking aside, it pays to be a company asset. Despite the pros and cons, employers SHOULD be more loyal to us/them.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2022, 08:42:22 AM »
Well I was looking for sectionals and everything I wanted was 6-8 months out earlier this year. Do your job!

Joking aside, it pays to be a company asset. Despite the pros and cons, employers SHOULD be more loyal to us/them.

Nope

They don’t have to do shyt
When you stop producing and making money for them
You get the BOOT
thats just how it is

Don’t trust any of your COWORKERS too
THEY WILL STAB YOU IN THE BACK

<<<<< learn from my mistake

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2022, 09:13:50 AM »
Now THAT GUY is hallucinating about having "COWORKERS" in the basement with him.. :idiot2: ;D ;D

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2022, 01:48:14 PM »

There's a lot of reasons for your wait.  Insider info, don't pay for expensive furniture.  I've seen how their made, built cheap, and your paying for brand name. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2022, 02:56:32 PM »
There's a lot of reasons for your wait.  Insider info, don't pay for expensive furniture.  I've seen how their made, built cheap, and your paying for brand name.

What’s a good quality sectional? Any feedback is appreciated. My last one was 3k and didn’t even last 3 years.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2022, 04:49:29 PM »
What’s a good quality sectional? Any feedback is appreciated. My last one was 3k and didn’t even last 3 years.
A lot of brands uses the building materials.  Your better off buying a sectional that cost a whole lot cheaper.  They're all built the sane way.  One reason your paying a lot is due to the fabric and collection/style of the furniture.  My company has a lot of variety for customers to choose from.  Also, brands use the same fabrics but are naned differently.  That's how they get you.  Don't feel bad if you buy "cheap" furniture.  They're all built the same.  I've been in the furniture business for 10yrs.  You're only paying for the name.  I hope this clarifies it up for you. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2022, 06:59:12 PM »

Advertisements