Advertisement

Author Topic: Different political views but BFF??...I mean a grown man even cried over it..LOL  (Read 229 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???:

Top Republican, John Boehner chokes up at Nancy Pelosi's official portrait unveiling

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's official portrait was unveiled Wednesday in the U.S. Capitol's Statuary Hall, marking the first time a madame speaker joined the faces of the men who preceded her.

It prompted an emotional tribute from the man who first handed her the gavel, Republican John Boehner.

Pelosi, 82, is the Democratic Party's longest-serving House leader and the first woman to be elected speaker. She wore her signature winter white on Wednesday, joined by her husband, Paul, her children and grandchildren.

"This painting will stand out as a woman in that Speaker's Lobby. I'm really honored my members had the courage to elect a woman speaker," Pelosi said to applause. "That is not without courage."

"Somewhere in this Congress is a future woman speaker to be. I'm honored to be the first, but it will only be a good accomplishment if I'm not that last," Pelosi added, predicting that will happen "sooner, rather than later."

Boehner, who preceded Pelosi's first term as speaker, returned to Capitol Hill for the afternoon ceremony, where the two shared a hug following his remarks.

"Madame speaker, you and I have disagreed politically on many things over the years, but we were never disagreeable with each other," Boehner said, adding Pelosi has always been "gracious" to him and his family.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Surprised the MSM and SM is gushing all over this... AOC's portrait will be right next to her with Kamala.  :2funny: :2funny:

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements