Advertisement

Author Topic: Thinking about getting a cruiser.  (Read 2078 times)

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
Thinking about getting a cruiser.
« on: December 19, 2022, 04:52:26 PM »
Indian Scout Rogue would be my pick.  My friends been bugging me for years and I do like motorcycles too.  If everything goes as planned then I may buy one.  It'll be all black which is the standard color.  Price is at $13k. 

Like this post: 0
Different 💩 same smell

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about getting a cruiser.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 06:39:10 PM »
You have to factor in your life as well.

Then again, you don't know until it happens to you.  Live and learn. 

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 06:50:22 PM »
Imagine all the adventures you going to have on the motorcycle. The reward is certainly worth the risk.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 08:11:38 PM »
I'm single and have life insurance.  I think I'm a safe driver so that should roll over to motorcycle riding.  I don't live far from the mountains so I'll be cruising  on Blue Ridge Parkway and about 3hrs from Tail Of The Dragon.  I already got my vette so a bike is next if it plans out.  Work is only 10 miles from home and I commute on the interstate. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 11:16:10 PM »
Indian Scout Rogue would be my pick.  My friends been bugging me for years and I do like motorcycles too.  If everything goes as planned then I may buy one.  It'll be all black which is the standard color.  Price is at $13k.

My nephew bought an Indian Scout recently and he still loves it... O0

I've owned several types of motorcycles over the years including a few from the "cruiser" category.

Here's one of my cruisers in a sea of sports bikes:

Here's another one of my cruisers in a sea of sports bikes:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 11:22:06 PM »
I'm single and have life insurance.  I think I'm a safe driver so that should roll over to motorcycle riding.  I don't live far from the mountains so I'll be cruising  on Blue Ridge Parkway and about 3hrs from Tail Of The Dragon.  I already got my vette so a bike is next if it plans out.  Work is only 10 miles from home and I commute on the interstate.

Here's a question, do you want to live life to the fullest or tip toe through life just to meet death just the same?

The only true guarantee in life is death so we're all going to die, just a matter of how and when...There's only one life to live so living it is what you make of it.  O0

« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 05:06:48 PM by theking »

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 04:46:33 PM »
Here's a question, do you want to live life to the fullest or tip toe through life just to death just the same?

The only true guarantee in life is death so we're all going to die, just a matter of how and when...There's only one life to live so living it is what you make of it.  O0
Nice.  I'll be in the same boat, I'll be the only one with a cruiser lol.  All my friends got sports bike.  And yes I want to live life to the fullest.  It's the reason why my vette is my dd.  I'll admit, I was a bit reckless when I used to snowboard but the pain and aches aren't worth it anymore.  If things goes smoothly, I'll get one next year.  There 3 Indian dealerships not far from me too. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 05:10:55 PM »
Yeah, the Hmong guys I rode and ride with pretty much all have sportbikes. I've only ridden with a couple of Hmong riders with a cruiser and a dual sport.

Not sure how far out "next year" you're thinking but now is a good time to get a good deal on the 2022 models before the 2023 models roll in...

But if the price doesn't matter then just get it when you're ready... O0

Have you ridden a motorcycle before? If so, how long have you been riding and what kind of bike?  ???

« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 05:14:21 PM by theking »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 05:15:35 PM »
BTW, I've owned 3 cruisers over the years: Virago, Star, and X

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 08:13:11 PM »
It'll be Spring of next year or when it's in the 70's.  So it could be in late March.  I've never rode a motorcycle before but my friends can teach me.  I'm not too worried about it.  My friends that everyone drops their bike, eventually.  The line up was already released with optional abs, new colors, and a stage 1 performance package thar adds 5hp.  Transporting the bike won't be an issue.  My friend has a truck with long ranps or he could just ride it to my house. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2022, 01:31:37 AM »
Cool, I self taught myself back in the early 90s for my motorcycle license and my wife took the MSF Course for hers in the mid-2000s..

Not sure what's available in NC but the great thing about the MSF Course is they provide the bikes for the participants to practice and test on and once the participants passed the course, they don't have to do the riding exam at the DMV. Just submit the MSF certificate to the DMV for the new M endorsed license.  O0

Also when buying a bike from a dealership, see if they provide any training or have any recommendation s in your area.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2022, 04:32:15 PM »
My town offers motorcycle safety course at the local community college which I went to school.  I don't remember how long the course is but what you mentioned, my friend confirmed.  I just may do that.  I'll look into it O0

Different 💩 same smell

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2022, 04:45:32 PM »
Nice, that's convenient.

I think when my wife did the MSF course, it cost about $200 and the duration was two days. Day 1, reading, videos, Q&A...Day 2, hands on training on the bikes that are provided and exam.

I tell those that want to ride but are not really sure to do the MSF course. That way they can get their feet wet by actually experiencing it. If it's a no go, they would out a couple hundred dollars but still better than buying a $10k-30k bike and turns out it's not for him/her, and then tries to sell it at a loss. At the very least, a participant can earn that "M" endorsement on their driver's license... O0

Also some insurance companies used to give discounts to new riders that have taken the course so that's something to think about too...

Keep us updated.. 8)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2022, 01:21:37 PM »
Like autos, I've owned several types of motorcycles over the years and although they may function a little different or have a different purpose, I've enjoy them all the same... O0:

Advertisements