Advertisement

Author Topic: Will that Priest go to Hell now for breaking that Cardinal rule??  (Read 502 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Woman Blames Priest For Ruining Her Marriage After He Told Her Husband She Confessed To Cheating

If you've never used a confessional, you’ve no doubt seen one in a movie or television show — it's when you step into a wooden stall at church and proceed to confess your sins to a priest in the hopes of salvation.

The expectation is that you drop the burden of your transgressions, take accountability for your actions, and are forgiven for what you’ve done after you finish the penance handed to you.

These experiences are supposed to be private and confidential, between you, your priest, and God.

But one woman found out the hard way that what happened in the confessional doesn’t necessarily stay there.

The woman shared her story of a priest's controversial betrayal after he revealed her affair confession to her husband.
In a post originally written on the subreddit, "r/legaladvice" and then reshared on "r/facepalm," the poster is honest from the start, telling readers that three years ago, during a tumultuous time in her marriage, she made the mistake of cheating on her husband.

The one-night stand happened during a work trip and the woman confessed that she never asked for any intimate details about the man she cheated with, including his last name.

They didn’t exchange contact information, nor did they keep in contact after the encounter.

The Redditor felt justified because at the time, she didn’t feel valued or appreciated by her husband and she describes the marriage as “rocky” back then.

For that reason, up until now, she has had no reason to tell anyone about the affair.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Will that Priest go to Hell now for breaking that Cardinal rule??
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 05:02:46 AM »
He told her husband, and she repeats it to the world?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 01:10:31 PM »
He's a professional and like many professionals he is bound to the confidentialit y rule. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »
Not all priests are smart. 

They are still fallible to this thing called sin of this world.  People of the religion goes to him for a confession stand and he too must go to another priest for his confessional stand as well.

I remembered a high profile murder case where the court forces the priest to testify.  He refuses due to that rule that governs his line of work. 

I also had one told me to go return that music deck that I boasted from some random car.  You must be joking.  i"ll get shot for sure that way. 

I also had a few that asked me the value of such stolen item and take that amount and put it in the giving basket that is destine for the poor.  You see, in some church, the first collection is for the church.  The second one is for a charitable organization. 

I also heard of a story coming out of vietnam.  The kid had nothing to confess as his mother forces him to go get a confession as the church urges all to go get a confession at least once a year.  So upon kneeling in front of a priest, he stole his slipper and then confesses that he did so.  The priest forgave him and the kid walks home with the priest's slipper.  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 04:00:04 PM »
Lawyers, doctors, accountants and various therapists like psychologists and pastors and priests are so bound.

You are right, Dok.

But the Hmong clan leader mediator isn't. So, beware what you approach them with.

He's a professional and like many professionals he is bound to the confidentialit y rule.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 07:20:30 AM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 11:05:53 PM »
Did the husband really need the priest to tell him about his wife's affair?

If the wife was looking to reconcile her marriage, she would've needed to come clean to her husband anyways. Perhaps she was going to but the priest beat her to it.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 07:24:11 AM »
"The one-night stand happened during a work trip and the woman confessed that she never asked for any intimate details about the man she cheated with, including his last name."

Heart: "All I want to do is make love to you...Don't find me; don't you dare...Just live in my memory; you'll always be there..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAfxs0IDeMs

And then "I'm finally ready for us to be together..." https://www.facebook.com/reel/704298841307221

« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 07:52:41 AM by Reporter »

"...

Advertisements