Advertisement

Author Topic: At what point should you stop keeping in touch with an ex's family?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: At what point should you stop keeping in touch with an ex's family?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 12:27:10 PM »
It's the meeka hollywood style and it is acceptable.  Ex can be friends like a business transaction like child custody case.  They will still linger around and will toast with their ex new spouses too.

What is healthy is asking the family member if you are going to be there or not.  If you are, I'm not going.  If you are not, I'm going.  Relationship with you as the primary can go sour but that doesn't mean it is the death of everything that is associated with you.  Then again, it all depends on the nature of the break up.  It is those that are mutual agreement that tends to linger.

It all depends on the other side as well.  Like for example.  When I was dating this one hmong chick, her brother and I were close like best buddies.  We have the bro code meaning that if they cheated on their wives, no one say anything.  Here you have the sister of the gf, pushing me to go cheat on her with someone else.  Now with this situation, if I no longer dating her, her brother and I are still good buddies because we are still bind by the code of conduct.  In the movies, I would probably got kill or make disappear had I want out of such organization.  Their secrets are too much that I could easily get them all divorce by the following week.

So it depends on how "liberal" people are with certain situations.  I know cases where ex would contact one another to see if they are going to a family function like a wedding so they can exempt themselves instead of allowing people like yourself to create some talk soup to float around. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Advertisements