Advertisement

Author Topic: I've been at the Devil spot Asian Dr. fell and there's no reason to fall unless  (Read 310 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1328
    • View Profile
...just doesn't want to live anymore due to stress, depression, self hate, etc.,  ???:

A doctor accused of intentionally driving a Tesla off a 250-foot California cliff with another adult and 2 kids inside the car has been arrested

Police said a doctor drove his Tesla off a cliff with his wife and family inside. Here's what we know.

The driver, Dharmesh Patel, 41, of Pasadena, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and child endangerment, according to an arrest report. He will be formally booked into San Mateo County Jail after his hospital treatment, the highway patrol said.

Dharmesh A. Patel, 41, faces charges including attempted murder and child abuse after the California Highway Patrol reported he purposely drove the sedan off the Pacific Highway Coast with his 4-year-old son, 7-year-old daughter, and 41-year-old wife inside.

The family, who remain hospitalized Thursday, troopers told USA TODAY, miraculously lived after the sedan spun through the air before plummeting some 250 feet below just feet from the surf on Monday. They were saved during a dramatic, multi-agency rescue.

Later that same day, CHP troopers arrested Patel at Stanford Hospital, his one-page arrest report shows.

Here's what we know about the case so far:

The crash
Troopers were dispatched late Monday morning to a call of a vehicle that had gone over a cliff on Highway 1, about 15-20 miles south of San Francisco.

At the scene, Coastside Fire Protection District/Cal Fire battalion Chief Brian Pottenger said the car flipped before landing on its wheels, wedged against the cliff near the surf.

Responding crews rappelled down to the car, pulled the children out of the Tesla's back window and brought them up the cliff in a basket using a rope. They also rescued their parents and the family was rushed to a hospital to be treated for their injuries.

The area is known as Devil’s Slide, a steep, rocky and winding coastal area between Pacifica and Montara.

“We go there all the time for cars over the cliff and they never live. This was an absolute miracle," Pottenger said

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Tesla will use this case to sell their vehicle.   Buy a tesla and if it can withstand a fall like that, it will save your life in any other collision. 

I'm just guessing here as we are not shrink doctors.   Reason for the fall.
1.  Financial so the feds need to look at his finances.  If you want to go, you do want to leave behind millions of dollars.  It should be empty with debts to the walls and collection going after you.  Finance is also one of the main causal for most divorces out there. 

2.  Mental illness.  The human body is weird at times.  As a child, it was summer time and no wind at all and I once stood in the middle of a bridge and looked down to see this glassy looking water reflection.  I can see how shallow it is like if you had build the bottom with cement.  It was a calm feeling and I felt like I wanted to jump down and go for a swim.  I snapped out of it because I then realized that it was just the sun reflection of what was underneath the bridge.  The lady of the water was about to get me.  Phew. 

3.  Murder suicide.  There were eyewitnesses there and they can check the skid marks to see if any brake was even apply. 

4.  Medical condition where you step on the acceleration instead of the brake. 

5.  They call it devils corner or spot for a reason.  Poor driving skills

A hmong friend of mine met his wife a the fresno new year.  He did not take her home that night so the family forces him to marry her.  They have 2 kids there after.  His wife drove the car down a cliff like that.  They all survived.  Upon interviewing one of the kids, her daughter said before the crash, her mother wanted them to be in the afterlife with her.  A mental illness case so they booked her for attempted murder and she is still doing time right now.  My friend is now dating another chick from Fresno and the kids are now raised by his parents. 

I'm connected because my boy that left his wife for an older chick in MN has ties with dude.  His wife that he left is the older sister of dude.  Talking about dysfunctional family ties.   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +382
    • View Profile
Duma, why do you have to hang out with these perps?  ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Tesla will use this case to sell their vehicle.

Knowing how much Musk likes to gloat, you have a point there...

He'll probably use headlines like this to drum up more business:

"A California family survived a 250-foot plunge off a cliff. Experts say luck and Tesla’s design kept them alive.

Dharmesh Patel, 41, is accused of intentionally driving a Tesla Model Y off a roughly 250-foot cliff with his family inside."

I also thought a "doctor" would have enough resources to pony up for the X model but perhaps, he's got a big student loan to pay back.. ???

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
C'mon Doc, the more you lie, the deeper the whole you're digging for yourself  ???:

Court record: Wife says California doctor purposely drove family off cliff

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (AP) — The wife of a California radiologist accused of trying to kill his family when he drove his Tesla off a cliff along the Northern California coast told rescuers her husband was depressed and needed a psychological evaluation, according to a newly unsealed search warrant affidavit.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported Wednesday that Neha Patel repeatedly told rescuers that Dharmesh Patel intentionally drove off a San Mateo County cliff on Jan. 2 in a bid to kill her and their two children, ages 4 and 7. All four survived in what one official called an “absolute miracle.”

Dharmesh Patel, a Pasadena radiologist, said he pulled off the road to check on a possibly flat tire, according to the warrant. Witness testimony does not appear to back up his account.

“He drove off. He’s depressed,” Neha Patel told a California Highway Patrol officer as she was flown away from the crash site, according to the Chronicle. “He said he was going to drive off the cliff. He purposely drove off.”

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Man who drove Tesla off cliff with family in car was 'psychotic,' doctors say

At the time of the crash, the doctors testified, Patel was experiencing a psychotic episode in which he believed that his children might be sex trafficked, according to Dist. Atty. Stephen Wagstaffe. Two doctors, Mark Patterson and James Armontrout, testified for the defense.

Advertisements