Advertisement

Author Topic: Does "White Racism" exist??  (Read 518 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Does "White Racism" exist??
« on: January 11, 2023, 06:49:27 PM »
Why I teach a course called 'White Racism'

Ted Thornhill, Director, Center for Critical Race and Ethnic Studies/Associate Professor of Sociology, Florida Gulf Coast University

The need for students to learn about racism in American society existed long before I began teaching a course called “White Racism” at Florida Gulf Coast University earlier this year.

I chose to title my course “White Racism” because I thought it was scholarly and succinct, precise and powerful.

But others saw it differently. Many white Americans (and some people of color) became upset when they learned about this course.

Thousands took to social media and far right news sites and racist blogs to attack the course and me personally.

Some 150 of these individuals sent me hateful and threatening messages.

It might be tempting to blame the hostility to my course on the current political climate in which the president of the United States routinely makes overtly racist statements and receives some of his strongest support from members of white racist hate groups. But I cannot recall a time when scholarly critiques of white supremacy in the United States have not been met with scorn.

For instance, an identically titled course taught at the University of Connecticut also ignited controversy when it made its debut in the 1990s.

‘White racism’ is nothing new
Whether a course is titled “White Racism,”or “The Problem of Whiteness,” or any other appropriate term, in no way diminishes the academic legitimacy of the course. Scholars have used the term for decades.

I’ve taught courses on racial stratification in the U.S. for nearly a decade myself. The course, and others like it, are all anchored in a damning body of historical and contemporary scholarship. That scholarship shows that Europeans and their white descendants colonized what would become the United States as well as other places around the globe. They practiced all manner of inhumanity against non-whites. This has included genocide, slavery, murder, rape, torture, theft, chicanery, segregation, discrimination, intimidation, internment, humiliation and marginalizatio n. This is inarguable.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: Does "White Racism" exist??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 04:04:31 PM »
This fool is just trying to push CRT... if he really cared about racism, he would talk about the problems and issues of racism across all race.
Yes, there are white racism but racism exists in all race. It's just so convenient to blame the right/white for racism because that's what the MSM is pushing but in reality, the Left/black/brown/Asian are just as racist. I mean listen to the demeaning rhetorics from the Left/Dems when talking about blacks/brown. Heck, they don't even care about Asian because Asian don't fit into their 'oppressed' race mode.

And this fool can't even see that by naming his course 'White Racism" is already racist. Would it be an issue if I teach a class talking about family structure failures and name it "Black Family Structure Failures" or about crimes in America and called it "Black crimes"?

I’ve taught courses on racial stratification in the U.S. for nearly a decade myself. The course, and others like it, are all anchored in a damning body of historical and contemporary scholarship. That scholarship shows that Europeans and their white descendants colonized what would become the United States as well as other places around the globe. They practiced all manner of inhumanity against non-whites. This has included genocide, slavery, murder, rape, torture, theft, chicanery, segregation, discrimination, intimidation, internment, humiliation and marginalizatio n. This is inarguable. This statement right here, is telling about what this class is all about. It's not about the issue/problem of racism but rather blaming 'white' for everything, including racism. Name me a race that had not done what this dude is saying about the white... look into the history of his own race and they have been doing it too.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 01:24:49 AM »
Imagine if he used that passion to teach real marketable skills to America's youth, especially black children, and opened a profitable corporation in black neighborhoods where he can pay them a living wage with good health benefits.

People like him are waiting for white folks to create the perfect environment for blacks to thrive.

I can't stand people like him since I used to live in a city full of people like him. They do nothing but rant all day long about racism that was the least of the problems in urban areas.  ::)  It's easier to talk about racism then to actually pick up and do the legwork.  ::)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 01:33:45 AM »
Somebody should educate this guy that it's a dog-eat-dog world out there. If you don't make sure that you and your people are at the top, then somebody else will get there. What he's really teaching is that Europeans know how to conquer and win.

Black liberals need some serious self-reflection. When they can accept accountability for their own shortcomings, then they can actually start knowing how to win in this game called "life". Do they think that guilting white folks will result in a better life for blacks? When Nelson Mandela, along with other black influencers, began to take back South Africa it didn't improve anything for blacks except for the dictators. This is like Hmong people. If GVP won a country for us, the only Hmong who would have it good would be him and his cronies.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 01:44:16 PM »
My asian study professor was a japanese guy.  The way he talk chit about the white people like no other.   :2funny:

Maybe he is like this guy but smart enough to title his course differently.  Don't call it a white racism course but rather call it the way of the white man course and he may get it slide until he gets caught slipping. 

Kind of think of it, these professors are not smart at all.  All they need to do is to battle that first year of lecturing and gather all 30 of his current student's term papers and uses what their researches to present them to the following year of student.  If you read and grade term papers, you will get so many cool and unique ideas.  One professor I know did just that.  He wasn't there to teach.  He was there to find that one gifted student out of the rest and he would uses that person to collaborate in starting up a company so of speak.  My former malaysian room mate was that person.  They started a business in Malaysia and my former room mate became a CTO on their website.  Poor guy had to drop out of school to create a dream for his Chinese professor though.  Fast forward today, my malay guy is now a top sales rep in southeast asia in selling rubber gloves.  Imagine that.  From executive tech to selling rubber gloves.  You gotta go where the money is at.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 02:00:10 PM »
This fool is just trying to push CRT... if he really cared about racism, he would talk about the problems and issues of racism across all race.
Yes, there are white racism but racism exists in all race. It's just so convenient to blame the right/white for racism because that's what the MSM is pushing but in reality, the Left/black/brown/Asian are just as racist. I mean listen to the demeaning rhetorics from the Left/Dems when talking about blacks/brown. Heck, they don't even care about Asian because Asian don't fit into their 'oppressed' race mode.

And this fool can't even see that by naming his course 'White Racism" is already racist. Would it be an issue if I teach a class talking about family structure failures and name it "Black Family Structure Failures" or about crimes in America and called it "Black crimes"?

I’ve taught courses on racial stratification in the U.S. for nearly a decade myself. The course, and others like it, are all anchored in a damning body of historical and contemporary scholarship. That scholarship shows that Europeans and their white descendants colonized what would become the United States as well as other places around the globe. They practiced all manner of inhumanity against non-whites. This has included genocide, slavery, murder, rape, torture, theft, chicanery, segregation, discrimination, intimidation, internment, humiliation and marginalizatio n. This is inarguable. This statement right here, is telling about what this class is all about. It's not about the issue/problem of racism but rather blaming 'white' for everything, including racism. Name me a race that had not done what this dude is saying about the white... look into the history of his own race and they have been doing it too.

Define CRT in your words?

Learning about the past only prepares us for the future. Good, bad, evil, White, Black...regard less.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2023, 03:20:01 PM »
Define CRT in your words?

Learning about the past only prepares us for the future. Good, bad, evil, White, Black...regard less.

You want me to define the true essence of what CRT is or what these woke nutjob see it?
CRT - true essence... racism exist in all form and all race. Now, the version that nutjob pushes... racism exist in white race only and we have to educate, demean and pit minorities against them to achieve "equity".

Back to what I said about this professor and his proposed class... just look at what I pointed about him and his thoughts. That to me is a classic racist...

Learning from past arm us for a better future and that's true. However, using the past for evil is another thing...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements