Advertisement

Author Topic: Good job Hmong dude, I have the same jack AKA jev and I understand Hmong  (Read 579 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I'm sure other folks that don't speak Hmong may be a little frustrated but he still does a good job explaining it. I say just follow the vid...even if you don't understand Hmong..

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
..so he explained it well  O0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeSa9cV6CMQ

Good job...

However, he should used recommended parts from the manufacturer. If something were to happen after he replaced the o-ring(s), the manufacturer will no longer be liable for the failure.

One thing I know is that Hmong and a lot of people used the jack as the only source to hold the vehicle up. Jacks (floor and the ones that comes with your vehicle) are design to lift up the vehicle to do quick tire change or whatever but not if you want to work under the vehicle. They are not design to hold a vehicle up while doing work underneath or for long period of time. Use jack stands to work under the vehicle.

I never work under my cars with just the jack itself, I use a jack stand to put the pressure off of the jack. I will keep the jack there just incase the jack stand fail. It's safest to have double the protection...

I had a cousin that passed away due to his jack failing (he did not use a jack stand) and he was crush under the car... he left a wife and 3 little kids.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:28:13 AM by Hung_Low »

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's mine:

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Here's mine:

What's the lift height on that jack? Does it do a good job with your Taco?

I have a bottle jack for my Taco and regular floor jack for my other vehicles.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
About 20 inches and yes has been doing a good job lifting my Taco. It can lift the whole front up so I can slide the jack stands on both sides and same for the rear using the rear axle housing as the jack point..

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
About 20 inches and yes has been doing a good job lifting my Taco. It can lift the whole front up so I can slide the jack stands on both sides and same for the rear using the rear axle housing as the jack point..

O0 O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Time for me to maintain my jev like that Hmong guy. Pretty much the same process. The only thing I did differently was use a straw for easy and precise hydraulic oil refill due to the small refill hole...  O0:

Advertisements