Advertisement

Author Topic: If you ever pass by Eau Claire, WI, stop by Muang Thai Restaurant.  (Read 430 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Great pho and chicken wings. Plus, very good customer service.

My personal experience when I drove just pass Eau Claire and then made a U-turn back to Minnesota.

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: If you ever pass by Eau Claire, WI, stop by Muang Thai Restaurant.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 06:12:26 PM »
Will keep that in mind if ai ever headed that way.

You didn’t try their laab or anything else?

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 10:54:16 PM »
There needs to be a pinned thread where people can post up good Southeast Asian eateries so that if we're ever in the area we can stop in.

Was Muang Thai run by Thai or Hmong? I've noticed that a lot of Thai-named restaurants are actually owned and operated by Hmong. For example, there is a restaurant with a Thai name but as soon as you walk in a huge picture of Gen. VP is hanging on the wall.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 01:25:03 AM »
Not sure if the owner is Thai or Hmong. But I took a hot Hmong chick there and she said that she felt it was a Hmong restaurant and not Thai-owned. We actually didn't speak to the
people there in Hmong to see if they might speak Hmong. So, I don't know for sure. Apparently, the server spoke only English to us, too. 

Um...the foods were indeed pretty good. It was not just because I had a beauty with me that the foods tasted great; the pho, in particular, was so good that I didn't even have to add any sauce or Sriracha or other condiments.

There needs to be a pinned thread where people can post up good Southeast Asian eateries so that if we're ever in the area we can stop in.

Was Muang Thai run by Thai or Hmong? I've noticed that a lot of Thai-named restaurants are actually owned and operated by Hmong. For example, there is a restaurant with a Thai name but as soon as you walk in a huge picture of Gen. VP is hanging on the wall.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 02:04:12 AM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 01:25:56 AM »
We can start a thread on that, but I won't have the time to list all of them across the nation or the world.

https://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php?topic=415740.0

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 01:29:01 AM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 10:49:46 PM »
Not sure if the owner is Thai or Hmong. But I took a hot Hmong chick there and she said that she felt it was a Hmong restaurant and not Thai-owned. We actually didn't speak to the
people there in Hmong to see if they might speak Hmong. So, I don't know for sure. Apparently, the server spoke only English to us, too. 

Um...the foods were indeed pretty good. It was not just because I had a beauty with me that the foods tasted great; the pho, in particular, was so good that I didn't even have to add any sauce or Sriracha or other condiments.

Aww...I'm so happy for you, R.  O0

Advertisements