Advertisement

Author Topic: White guy eats Hmong village MN USA  (Read 1060 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
White guy eats Hmong village MN USA
« on: February 02, 2023, 09:35:43 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFBqMEQHnBQ

Good for tourist like myself to watch b4 I go.  You Hmong USA folks probably already know.   O0

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

P90xbox

Re: White guy eats Hmong village MN USA
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 11:30:55 PM »
only authentic Hmong food I really like is sticky rice sausage...haha or at least from my understanding it was a Hmong creation..back in the days, Hmong were poor, and when meat was scarce, why not use sticky rice..some diced ginger and pork bits...everyti me I go to the Viet store, every race buys them if any are left...lols correct me if I'm wrong though...a lot of our so call food is really just our variations of Laos food..one of my high school teacher couldn't stop eating Kao Poong...and one of my other teacher wanted the recipe for Oola..Not sure how its spell, but it's that beef stew/soup...they think it's Hmong food, but nobody, not even the Laos want to break the bubble...lols

our og's have a different taste..even if they just make plain boil pork with spinach or some other greens..they say it's not good like how it was when they were up in the mountains...lo ls to me they all taste the same..aside from the fact that maybe something organic might have a slightly fresher taste overall...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:10:20 PM »
I like the basic stuff like sticky rice and bbq meat dipping in hmong pepper sauce.  I also like that stuffed chicken as it is unique because not a lot of culture do such a thing.  You know how good vietnamese egg rolls are right?  Now imagine stuffing them egg rolls fillings into a chicken wing.   O0

Boil chicken and boil green vege, still has to dip in that hmong pepper sauce.  I also like my papaya salad too.  Grew up eating them stinky and pungent stuff. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 06:18:22 PM »
I mostly get my Lao food from Hmong village, the Lao booth. Can’t recall the name.

Went to Hmong town a few times but I prefer Hmong village.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements