Advertisement

Author Topic: Best relationship advice  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Best relationship advice
« on: February 08, 2023, 10:46:50 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWSrkKwjrc

I agree. When a man likes you, is serious about you, and wants to commit to you, he will make sure that there is no confusion and you will always feel very secure. The last thing he wants to do is make you feel unsure about him or the relationship.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

P90xbox

Re: Best relationship advice
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 11:06:46 PM »
this might be true several generations ago but today it's a different ball game. my best advice is to just be yourself and see where things lead to. you don't want to be put in a position where you constantly have to work two or three times just as hard to maintain a relationship.. and it will get tiring eventually, become superficial, and then frustrating... first and foremost, a healthy relationship requires little to no effort to maintain. like how a cactus doesn't need a whole lot of water, and how a cat can go on days without water..lols with all said and done, despite how well things are going,unless both understand that nothign is guarantee, nothing is perfect, life is short and everything is just temporary, and that both will eventually lose any intimate desires- would a relationship have the best odds of surviving well into old age...haha

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 12:01:49 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWSrkKwjrc

I agree. When a man likes you, is serious about you, and wants to commit to you, he will make sure that there is no confusion and you will always feel very secure. The last thing he wants to do is make you feel unsure about him or the relationship.

You described my husband.   Been together for 20 yrs, have
2 beautiful children a boy and a girl & still fart at each other's face.  🤣🤣 

P90xbox

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 07:34:07 PM »
i don't know, maybe its just me and my wife, but neither one of us mention anything about Valentines day..it was just another day to us...lols Yeah, what I mean to say is, if you and your other half understand and trust each other, then a healthy relationship comes in all shapes sizes and forms. it's what i mean when i say, today human behavior, wants, and needs are so complex...what holds true to some or majority, might not to others...but keep rocking and rolling for those of you in healthy relationships.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 06:54:49 PM »
If a guy is into you, no need to chase.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 12:22:49 PM »
tajo and dok chompa,

O0

Many women in healthy, committed marriages say the same thing. They do say that meeting their husband was very easy and the relationship was always smooth sailing right up to the day of marriage. If a woman has never been in this situation then she might think it's normal for a guy to act distant, pull away, or be unsure. But once she does meet a guy who is serious about committing to her, she will see the big difference.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 12:43:42 PM »
Best advice is to find them red flag because those will make your relationship very toxic.  Run when you can because time wasted is not just your time but her time as well.  It is easier to cut out early in than getting stuck in a bad relationship.  Yes, a relationship can just dwindle and before you know it, you are stuck and don't know what happen to all them years that went by. 

Afraid of be lonely is real.  It is the reason why some people are hesitate to leave a bad relationship.   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 11:58:43 PM »
Best advice is to find them red flag because those will make your relationship very toxic.  Run when you can because time wasted is not just your time but her time as well.  It is easier to cut out early in than getting stuck in a bad relationship.  Yes, a relationship can just dwindle and before you know it, you are stuck and don't know what happen to all them years that went by. 

Afraid of be lonely is real.  It is the reason why some people are hesitate to leave a bad relationship.   

I don't know if men feel like they've wasted their time. As long as they were getting some needs met then they're okay. Many men are content to be in a long-term serious relationship with a woman they don't love or even like very much. You'd think that as a man, they would cut out of there as soon as her toxic side comes out. But many stay while keeping their options open. Men can go on like this for years without marriage. It's the women who can't go on like this for years without marriage. The ones who stay are hoping for marriage.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 07:01:38 PM »
When you want a healthy growing relationship.. .you will just naturally do things to cultivate such a relationship. 

Unfortunately most people aren't that.  So many are still just players and gamers.  Worse are scammers and parasites.  We should just put down on paper pros and cons.  Or in simplicity asset or liability.  If there's a liability, then one should just forget about it. 

Even when I fully believe in second chances for people.  Lesson learned, that most people do not deserve a second chance, because they're probably already on their 10th chance.  So many people out there who haven't even been given a first chance.  When you're young you have more time.  When you get older or old, no time for that anymore.

Most of all, get them to tell you what their life philosophy and love theory is.  Then let them reveal to you how they mirror their life philosophy and conduct their love theory.  If you see a liability, then leave it.  Life is not perfect, but why lower oneself for even less.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

P90xbox

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 08:25:09 PM »
very good points Villainous.

I just like to add. It helps to asked why someone would want to spend their life with you..Just like why someone wants to be your friend. What is it that they want or like about you...Then ask, would they take a bullet for you? haha If you were a tree out in the middle of nowhere, would they come and visit you, nurture you, and sit under you for hours...hahah

well the truth is, the odds of finding someone who will love you unconditionall y is more astronomical than hitting the powerball...ha ha so folks, sorry to say, but if you haven't already been told, if you have nothing of value to offer someone, or when that something no longer has value to them, that's when the roads will get very bumpy and rocky...

so women, ask yourself, why would a man want to be with you. and men asked yourself, if you're broke, would they still stay..haha if no, then better just be happy single and run free in the wild...hahah because only you can truly love yourself....ha ha

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2023, 08:31:13 AM »
1. Enjoy the good times and weather the bad times together.
2. Do not believe most of what you see in movies or read in books.
3. It's not one and done. Find a relationship that works for you.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2023, 09:53:46 PM »
You three make it sound so depressing.  :-[

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2023, 10:01:20 PM »
very good points Villainous.

I just like to add. It helps to asked why someone would want to spend their life with you..Just like why someone wants to be your friend. What is it that they want or like about you...Then ask, would they take a bullet for you? haha If you were a tree out in the middle of nowhere, would they come and visit you, nurture you, and sit under you for hours...hahah

well the truth is, the odds of finding someone who will love you unconditionall y is more astronomical than hitting the powerball...haha so folks, sorry to say, but if you haven't already been told, if you have nothing of value to offer someone, or when that something no longer has value to them, that's when the roads will get very bumpy and rocky...

so women, ask yourself, why would a man want to be with you. and men asked yourself, if you're broke, would they still stay..haha if no, then better just be happy single and run free in the wild...hahah because only you can truly love yourself....ha ha

Tread on that one lightly. I've never had any man ask me to be their girlfriend...B UT they have asked me to be their wife.

Just because someone sees good qualities in you to be with you, it does not mean that they can reciprocate.

Even people with bad qualities can recognize someone with good qualities and want to hold on tight. They know that they've won the lottery with you, but you won't feel the same about them after awhile.  ::) I've been there.

Therefore, if you are lucky to find someone who loves you unconditionall y then try your best not to sabotage it. We all should be so lucky to have someone like that for a lifelong spouse.

P90xbox

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2023, 11:07:53 PM »
Tread on that one lightly. I've never had any man ask me to be their girlfriend...B UT they have asked me to be their wife.

Just because someone sees good qualities in you to be with you, it does not mean that they can reciprocate.

Even people with bad qualities can recognize someone with good qualities and want to hold on tight. They know that they've won the lottery with you, but you won't feel the same about them after awhile.  ::) I've been there.

Therefore, if you are lucky to find someone who loves you unconditionall y then try your best not to sabotage it. We all should be so lucky to have someone like that for a lifelong spouse.

physical chemistry- check

mental chemistry- check

spiritual chemistry---searching in progress....no record found......

yeah, that is my philosphy...sp iritual chemistry is the most vital and important for two people, whether it's a intimate relationship, or good ole genuine friendship to last a life time...haha met many great women, came across many good hearted people....but without a more in depth chemistry, such as....none other than...spiritu al chemistry....t hat's all it is...we're only meant to know each other for short
 a short time..nothing long term..haha

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2023, 08:48:02 PM »
Don't find a partner just to please your parents...

Another lesson learned.  If I had just rejected that notion, I would've found a partner out of race when I was young.  So I wouldn't impose that on anyone. 

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements