Advertisement

Author Topic: Wonder if she would react the same if the Italian restaurant owners are Italians  (Read 318 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Customer goes on racist rant at Amy's Pizzeria, verbally attacking employees in now viral video

A Hatboro pizza shop gained attention after a viral TikTok video made its rounds Friday, showing a customer on a racist tirade directed at one of its workers.

In the video, an employee or owner of Amy’s Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant is shown standing at the register Thursday night, as a customer, who has not been identified, demands a refund during the profanity-laced verbal attack.

“What’s wrong with that is you’re not American dude. I will look you the (expletive) up and get you the (expletive) out of our town. (Expletive) you. Give me my money back. I’m not giving my money to some illegal immigrant,” the customer said.

A customer went on a racist rant at Amy's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, in Hatboro, on Thursday, February 24, 2023.
The video, filmed by another employee, lasts nearly five minutes, ending just as a police officer walks into the store.

"This lady walked into our pizza shop (owned by Hispanics) and heard Spanish coming from our TV and started discriminating us. Not all Spanish speakers are Mexican and it was bold of her to assume so," the pizzeria said on their TikTok post showing the video.

"Discrimination should NOT happen to anyone, no matter who they are nor what their background is. America is a country built by immigrants. I'm so sorry if you have ever experienced something like this."

Hatboro Police Department issued a statement on the Borough of Hatboro Facebook page Friday, saying they responded to a report of a disturbance at Amy’s Pizzeria, where they were able to de-escalate the dispute.

A customer went on a racist rant at Amy's Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, in Hatboro, on Thursday, February 24, 2023.
Police said they are reviewing video of the incident and the investigation is ongoing. No names have been released.

The statement also included a warning to those who have seen the video.

“It has also come to the attention of the police department that the video of the incident is circulating on social media and some people have falsely identified the woman depicted in the video. We strongly suggest people cease and desist the attachment of false or mistaken names and identities to this video as the identity of the individual(s) involved are know (sic) to police,” it read.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Racist Karen Is Charged After Viral Pizza Shop Melt Down

A white woman who was captured in a viral video spewing angry anti-immigrant, anti-Spanish bile in a Philadelphia-area pizzeria has been charged with ethnic intimidation and harassment.

A video, originally uploaded to TikTok by @kellyflores765, received millions of views online after being reshared by multiple users.

In the clip, a white woman, identified by local authorities on Friday as Rita Bellew, stands at the counter at Amy’s Pizzeria speaking with Omar Quiñonez, one of the owners, after apparently being triggered by a TV playing a show in Spanish.

“You wanna have Spanish on your TV?” she says, after detailing her family’s alleged history in America. “You’re not American, dude. I will look you the duck up and get you the duck out of our town.”

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Does these people even know that majority of restaurants have Spanish people working as cooks? I mean, lots of Chinese restaurants have Spanish cooks.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements