Advertisement

Author Topic: Been to all 50 states and there's a reason why I still like California best  (Read 214 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...and yep, have visited all the cities listed below except Burlington and Overland Park:

Here are the top 20 happiest cities in the US — and 7 of them are in California, survey finds

WalletHub compared 182 of the largest cities in the US based on emotional and physical well-being, income and employment, and community and environment.

The cities were evaluated using 30 relevant metrics at varying weights to determine the total score.

Each city was given a number based on a 100-point grade scale. See the list of happiest cities.

Fremont is the happiest city in the US, according to a recent study released by the financial website WalletHub. Located in California's Bay Area, the city also topped the rankings in 2022, 2021, and 2020, a company spokesperson told Insider.

The city has the lowest depression rate in the country and the lowest separation and divorce rate, according to the study.

Fremont is also home to one of Tesla's largest and most important factories. In 2021, the factory was deemed the most productive auto plant in the US, per Bloomberg.

California cities dominated WalletHub's list, making up three of the top five happiest US cities.

Researchers examined more than 180 cities on 30 key indicators of happiness, such as income-growth rates and average leisure time. The cities were then scored on three main categories, emotional & physical well-being, income & employment, and community and environment.

Here are the top 20 happiest cities in the US:

20. Fargo, ND

Total Score: 62.42

19. Aurora, IL

Total Score: 62.49

18. Yonkers, NY

Total Score: 62.50

17. Minneapolis, MN

Total Score: 62.63

16. Scottsdale, AZ

Total Score: 63.48

15. San Diego, CA

Total score: 63.98

14. Huntington Beach, CA

Total score: 64.04

13. Oakland, CA

Total score: 64.08

12. Bismarck, ND

Total score: 64.12

11. Seattle, WA

Total score: 65.59

10. Burlington, VT

Total score: 65.83

9. South Burlington, VT

Total score: 66.51

8. Sioux Falls, SD

Total score: 67.02

7. Columbia, MD

Total score: 67.71

6. Irvine, CA

Total score: 67.83

5. San Francisco, CA

Total score: 68.73

4. Overland Park, KS

Total score: 68.93

3. Madison, WI

Total score: 69.72

2. San Jose, CA

Total score: 70.35

1. Fremont, CA

Total score: 76.10

« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 11:59:55 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
However, not too long ago, I was only about 15 miles from Overland Park though:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Happiness is kind of subjective.

It all depends on your blood and taste for such happiness.   I saw a youtuber by the screen name of ggangler and they are just mexican kids and all they do is fishing daily around their areas of galvaston texas.  Someone asked them if they go to school and they said they fish for a living.  They be catching some big fishes from the jetty and beach areas and releases them back.  To me, that's my happiness.  I wouldn't want to live in that area due to hurricanes but I rather choose that over a hawaii vacation unless it is just a full time fishing expedition.  One can say that you can also fish here in california as we have lakes and beaches but the fishes are not as abundant like the ones they have in the gulf of mexico. 

Why fremont is the happiness?  Well it all depends on who they are doing the studying.  Fremont to me have a large population of curry people.  Curry people are nice people who marries their own kind so they will give you a 10 out of 10 ratings if you do a survey with them.  With them doing tech jobs or 7-11 mini mart and have a happy family life plus the housing is a tad cheaper in fremont than san jose, no wonder the people living in fremont are more happier.  I worked in fremont and along them tech buildings like the Tesla factory on Kato but how come I'm not happy.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements