Advertisement

Author Topic: "All Asians look alike" so now Asian dude is suing  (Read 403 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
"All Asians look alike" so now Asian dude is suing
« on: March 03, 2023, 06:39:24 PM »
'A case of all Asians look alike’: Florida man sues police, Walmart for racial profiling, false arrest

A man from Hudson, Florida, has filed a federal suit against a Hernando County deputy, a Walmart loss prevention officer and Walmart itself for allegedly wrongfully arresting him after mistaking him for another Asian person.

The arrest, which was caught in a now-viral video, occurred at the Walmart Supercenter on Commercial Way in Spring Hill on Nov. 27. 2022.

According to reports, the incident began when the Walmart loss prevention officer called 911 to report an “Asian male” who allegedly trespassed into the store.

The employee identified the man as “Cody Vondelinde” to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office over the phone, saying, “There's an Asian male in the store right now. His name is Cody Vondelinde. He trespassed from this store. He is not allowed to be here, and he also tends to be violent and carries weapons.”

Shortly after, the Hudson County deputy arrived and arrested Tony Nguyen, who had been shopping with his girlfriend, Lauren Caldwell.

Caldwell filmed the encounter, which saw the deputy put her boyfriend in handcuffs and pull him out of the store and into a police vehicle.

“Why are you pulling me? I’m walking with you,” Nguyen says in protest. “You know I’m disabled, right? I have back issues.”

Nguyen was taken to jail, and it was only then when officers finally asked for his ID, according to the suit.

“I was able to confirm your ID at the jail. You’re not the person he was looking for,” a deputy reportedly told Nguyen. “You have not been trespassed, and so I'm taking you back to your house. And for me personally, I apologize. Sometimes identities get mixed up.”

More from NextShark: Beloved ‘The Walking Dead’ character Glenn makes appearance in emotional finale

However, Nguyen said he was not immediately released. While on the police ride home, the sheriff allegedly kept him in handcuffs, pulled over and took his photos to “confirm” his identity yet again.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: "All Asians look alike" so now Asian dude is suing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 07:22:41 PM »
He's a nguyen but the gal that took that video is his girlfriend and she sounds white.  Maybe they hater and they don't like an asian man with a white chick so they are treating him like a criminal.

For 10 mil suit?   That's too much money for this type of law suit.  He also sets up a gofundme and has $800 im there last I check.  Guess this viet guy is going to try to milk it both ways.  Cops stance will be his protocol statement because there must be a script that he must follows to be in compliance.  A trick that lawyers teaches us is to say "Am I being arrested or am I free to go"??  If you are being arrested with no probable cause and innocent, you can sue them for something.   Maybe false imprisonment or something.  Usually they will check your ID right then and there.  Why they have to transport the guy back to the jail house to check his ID is beyond me. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 07:38:26 PM »
Why the prevention officer looks like a f@ggot?  No wonder he loves to play God. ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 06:41:50 PM »
Tony Nguyen vs. Cody Vondelinde...S ee the difference or not?  ???:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq3ZJa7NIhE&t=53s

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 06:44:13 PM »

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 12:41:09 PM »
Tony Nguyen vs. Cody Vondelinde...S ee the difference or not?  ???:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq3ZJa7NIhE&t=53s

They do look alike  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
But the officer should have ask for an ID before doing anything. You don't just arrest someone without checking their ID.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements