Advertisement

Author Topic: Since lots of Asians enjoy rice & noodles, the 20 cent could be well spent  (Read 149 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...minus the "explosive diarrhea" of course... ???:

20 cent diabeites drug can help lose weight but explosive diarrhea

Metformin is a diabetes drug that's also taken off-label for weight loss and anti-aging.

It can have some severe gastrointestin al side effects, including diarrhea without warning.

Experts recommend starting on a low dose, and cutting carbohydrates to help ease side effects.

It started out like any other last-minute trip to the grocery store. Dressed in pants, a top, and a colorful shawl draped around her shoulders, Gina Holden headed into the supermarket, grabbed what she needed, and hustled back to her car.

It was 2016, and Holden, then in her mid-60s, had been on metformin for about 18 months to control her type 2 diabetes. At the time she was diagnosed, a doctor told her it was the best medicine around for her condition.

Over the course of the year and a half since she started taking metformin, she had already dealt with the gastrointestin al side effects of the medication many times, including some recurring episodes of violent diarrhea. But nothing had prepared her for what was coming next.

As Holden placed the groceries in her car, suddenly, she knew she needed to find a bathroom. Immediately.

"By the time I got into the store and in the stall in the bathroom, everything just let loose — it just flowed all over the floor," she told Insider.

After cleaning herself up, Gina had to devise a way to get out of the store with no clean pants and no clean underwear.

"I tied the shawl around me, held my head up high and walked to the car," she said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Co worker went to china for vacation.  He bought back some chinese green tea.  He said it is the best in China's market.  He knew I'm a tea drinker so I gave me a box.  I tried it while at work.  I kid you not, it puts me through 3 diarrhea sessions that day and I lost a few lbs instantly. 

I let my other co worker to try.  He also had his episode.  This stuff works but unhealthy to be losing weight cuz frequent diarrhea is hard on the body.  Plus your body is losing fluid so you get dehydrated.

I still have that stuff in my desk here at work.  Tea is dry product so it doesn't have an expiration date, not that I know of.  I'm not down to lose weight like that.  Seems dangerous like an eating disorder bulimic anorexic person would of done like eating and fingering throat to throw up. 

I also have a childhood friend that was obese but when he went to Japan for work, he took some street stuff that made him loses weight.  I'm talking about rapid weight lost but when you lose weight so fast, your body will have a hard time adjusting to the changes so he passes away.  All my boys buried him and we all wore our football jersey to carry his casket.  On a better note, his younger brother that is in my same grade went on to become a dentist in the Houston area.   O0

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements