Advertisement

Author Topic: Agree w/ the husband cause it doesn't make any difference to the in-laws anyways  (Read 207 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???...If you're going to cook Wagyu grade steak past medium, might as well just stick to a choice grade steak cause the taste will be similar from my own experience:

Reddit users defend man who serves a lower-grade steak to his in-laws (his wife has a beef with it)
'Steak is not an in-law meat,' said one person about the issue

Reddit users defended a man who refuses to buy Wagyu beef for his in-laws — people who eat only well-done steak.

The man explained that he and his wife live far away from both sets of parents. They visit with them a few times a year.

While Late-Enthusiasm3751 said his wife's parents are "lovely people," he said they're also very different from his own parents in one big way: their tastes in food.

"My mom and dad love food," wrote Late-Enthusiasm3751. "They will buy pounds of garlic and leave it in a rice maker for a month to make black garlic. They plan their vacations around amazing restaurants."

On the flip side, the man said his wife's parents have a less refined palate.

"Boiling chicken drumsticks is fancy for them," he wrote. "And they refuse to eat steak that isn't well-done."

The man learned this when he visited their home for dinner and was given a well-done steak, without being asked if that was his preference, he said.

"It took me years to convince my wife to try a medium-rare steak," he wrote. "Now she loves them."

On one occasion, he said he bought "beautiful prime steak" for his wife's parents when they visited.

Despite his hesitations, he "made theirs medium-well."

"Her dad took it back to the grill and destroyed them," he said. "So now I buy select grade [uniform in quality] meat."

"I don't think I should waste money on great food for them when I know how they will treat it," wrote a man about his in-laws' preference for well-done steak.

On the contrary, Late-Enthusiasm3751 said he buys "excellent quality Wagyu" about once a year, when his own parents visit.

The expensive steaks, however, have caused conflict between Late-Enthusiasm3751 and his wife, he said.

"My wife says I'm being an a-----e by not treating both families the same," he wrote. "I don't think I should waste money on great food for them when I know how they will treat it."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

P90xbox

ground beef for stubborn in laws and just say its ground wagyu..lols

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
There is a saying that even if you disagree, just do it so them "OTHERS" will not look down on you and you will lose face. 

So my verdict is to give both parents equal treatment.  Same meat and they can eat however style they want to.  Problem solve.  No one is going after you for that.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements