Advertisement

Author Topic: That money can buy lots of coffee?  (Read 221 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
That money can buy lots of coffee?
« on: March 08, 2023, 06:27:46 PM »
Starbucks Arrest Leaves Cali Sheriff’s Office Owing Millions to Black Mom and Daughter
The Alameda County sheriff’s took them for burglar suspects.

A mother and her two daughters were unlawfully arrested outside a Starbucks in 2019 for being Black and minding their business. Now, the county sheriff’s office owes them $8.25 million in settlement money for violating their civil rights, per Fox 2 KTVU.

A few years ago, Alameda County sheriff’s deputies approached Aasylei Loggervale and her two teenage daughters while they sat parked outside a Starbucks. The report says the family had been driving from Nevada to take the eldest daughter to a statistics exam at Berkeley College. The deputies approached their vehicle, unprovoked, and told the women they were on patrol for car burglaries committed by Black men. Suddenly, the conversation turned into an interrogation as the deputies began badgering Ms. Loggervale with questions.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: That money can buy lots of coffee?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 06:41:24 PM »
Millions?  Really?  cot dayam there goes my chance. 

My MN cousin gave me a visit that one season.  We went pre drinking before we head to the clubs.  We stopped by a local McDonald but before we go through the drive through, we stopped in their parking lot at night time and just chill for a bit.  It wasn't long, just 10 minutes or so.  Then we went through the drive through.  We both were dressed in clubbing clothing, so we dressed nice.  The person in the microphone told us to keep on going.   I got confused, thinking that they were closed so I drove up and I stopped at their drive through window.  I saw a car behind me was able to place their order.  This is when my cousin got furious.  He went out the car and start filming the employee at the window and demanded an answer.  That employee got scared and went got the manager.  She too told us to move along or they will call the police.   I moved up a little bit more and onto the side so other cars can passed us.  I told those behind us to what had happened and this is straight up discrimination .  Cops came and we told them what happened and they went inside to figure things out.  Cops then said they have the right to refuse services to anyone.  Honestly, I have never seen any sign at the cashier at any mcdees that say they have the right to refuse services to anyone.  I only seen these signs at a few other mama papa stores.  Cops then asked me if I was drinking because he can smell alcohol on me.  My cousin took the bullet and say that it was him that had a few drinks and I was taking him home.   Had I was not drinking that day, I would of stood my ground and sue mcdees.  My mind was so afraid of getting a driving under the influences violation that as soon as the cops told us to leave, I just took off running. 

We could of sued Mcdees.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
Re: That money can buy lots of coffee?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 08:14:35 PM »
A whole lot of beans.