Advertisement

Author Topic: As said many times, having kids is NOT a requirement in life so think it through  (Read 628 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Seth Rogen Got Brutally Honest About Why He And His Wife Decided Not To Have Kids After Being Asked If He’d Be “Happier” If They Did
“Me and my wife, neither of us were like that … The older we get the more happy and reaffirmed we are with our choice to not have kids.”

“There's a whole huge thing I'm not doing, which is raising children,” he said.

In response, host Steven Bartlett asked Seth to consider the opposing side of the debate, that being parents might have made his and Lauren’s lives “happier” — prompting Seth to firmly disagree.

“I don't think it would,” he responded. “I've been around obviously a lot of children, I'm not ignorant to what it’s like. … Everyone I know has kids. I'm 40, you know? I know.”

“Some of my friends have had kids for decades. Some people want kids, some people don't want kids,” he added, before going on to suggest that a lot of people grow their families before even considering whether or not it’s actually right for them.

“I mean, a lot of people have kids before they even think about it, from what I've seen honestly,” he said. “You just are told, you go through life, you get married, you have kids — it’s what happens.”

Speaking more explicitly about his personal experience, Seth clarified that having children is something that neither he nor Lauren ever wanted, going on to add that they’ve grown more sure of their decision as they’ve gotten older.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
That's what society tells us.  The American dream, get married, and have kids.  It's the norm for married folks.  My BIL said that I have no life b/c I'm not married lol.  Told him, I ain't broke, got my dream car, I do what I want, and answer nobody.  A lot of married and divorced folks told me not to get married but I knew a long time ago that I never would.  My dreams and goals cones first. 

Different 💩 same smell

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
The couples will change their mind later on.  :D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

P90xbox

The couples will change their mind later on.  :D

watch out Rock! there's a new nostradumas in town...he sounds very sure of himself, that's for sure! or wait maybe you two the same dude...haha

P90xbox

That's what society tells us.  The American dream, get married, and have kids.  It's the norm for married folks.  My BIL said that I have no life b/c I'm not married lol.  Told him, I ain't broke, got my dream car, I do what I want, and answer nobody.  A lot of married and divorced folks told me not to get married but I knew a long time ago that I never would.  My dreams and goals cones first.

i know the feeling..I was single well into my 30's and early 40's and didn't think I would ever find someone.I was happy being "free"..do whatever and go wherever and whenever I want..one less person to worry of and love..one less responsibility ...lols....but I did cross path with someone I thought I never would and we decided we were going to fight and go through this war together....we don't plan on having children..but if mistakes happen for whatever reasons, even at our ages it still possible.....l ols we will do our best to give them the best of everything to conquer all the challenges, adversaries, and evilness they will eventually come face to face with in this place we call hell on earth..haha but at this point we're both very confident, not having children is best for us, and subjectively speaking-- or is it hypothetically speaking, for them...maybe in a better world...but definitely not this one we're currently living in...lols

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Preach. No kids and no plans to have any but my Life is fulfilled at the moment.

Like this post: +1

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
i know the feeling..I was single well into my 30's and early 40's and didn't think I would ever find someone.I was happy being "free"..do whatever and go wherever and whenever I want..one less person to worry of and love..one less responsibility ...lols....but I did cross path with someone I thought I never would and we decided we were going to fight and go through this war together....we don't plan on having children..but if mistakes happen for whatever reasons, even at our ages it still possible.....l ols we will do our best to give them the best of everything to conquer all the challenges, adversaries, and evilness they will eventually come face to face with in this place we call hell on earth..haha but at this point we're both very confident, not having children is best for us, and subjectively speaking-- or is it hypothetically speaking, for them...maybe in a better world...but definitely not this one we're currently living in...lols

Wait! You're in your 40s? I think I know what your old username is.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
I respect their decision not to have children.

BUT...here is the rub...

Boy oh boy is she going to be pissed and sour if they should ever divorce AND he marries another woman - LIKE MEN ALWAYS DO - and has children with the new wife. THEN GOES ON TO SAY HOW MUCH JOY HE IS EXPERIENCING AS A FATHER.

Okay Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Aniston. At least Nicole Kidman had a baby with Keith Urban. But boy, it had to hurt when ex Tom Cruise married the younger Katie Holmes and had a baby. 

P90xbox

Wait! You're in your 40s? I think I know what your old username is.

40 year old kid...I stopped aging, physically and mentally sometime in my 20's...lols no, this username actually belong to a friend a while back....we were housemates for a few years but he since abandon PH so I hijack it since PH never approve my re-registration.haha

P90xbox

I respect their decision not to have children.

BUT...here is the rub...

Boy oh boy is she going to be pissed and sour if they should ever divorce AND he marries another woman - LIKE MEN ALWAYS DO - and has children with the new wife. THEN GOES ON TO SAY HOW MUCH JOY HE IS EXPERIENCING AS A FATHER.

Okay Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Aniston. At least Nicole Kidman had a baby with Keith Urban. But boy, it had to hurt when ex Tom Cruise married the younger Katie Holmes and had a baby.

not planning, and unexpectedly or accidentally or even a change of heart are different...lo ls..

but dang...if me the wife unexpectedly or accidentally have children..lols ...of course we're going have to enjoy being parents..but at this point, with our age and life expereinces, it's highly unlikely we'll have a change of heart...it's going to have to be an accident...or personally delivered by a pelican, or what was is...i think it was you who corrected me once, it's not a pelican but some other similar bird...lols

Advertisements