Advertisement

Author Topic: As a certified rescuer, this AED claim is unacceptable IMO (if true)  (Read 289 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
A Mother Alleges American Airlines Employees’ Negligence Caused Her Son’s Death Because An AED Was Not Charged

New Yorker Melissa Arzu has filed a lawsuit against American Airlines after her son, Kevin Greenidge, passed away on a flight from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, to Miami last summer after learning an uncharged automatic external defibrillator (AED) could’ve saved his life.The post A Mother Alleges American Airlines Employees’ Negligence Caused Her Son’s Death Because An AED Was Not Charged appeared first on Blavity.

Photos of my certs:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 12:01:14 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I'm required to renew my certs regularly:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Green means you did good, red means you F up:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: As a certified rescuer, this AED claim is unacceptable IMO (if true)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 12:29:30 AM »
These AED that we use don't look much but they can be a bit pricey like most medical equipments:

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 12:10:18 PM »
I'm not a professional rescuer but I got my Adult CPR/AED & Bloodborne Pathogen recertified last month.

Like this post: +1
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 01:02:06 PM »
I'm certified in calling 911

Even if I know, I wouldn't do it.  They'll come back and bite me in the azz by saying that I did not do enough to help save that person's life and what I did was adding more to their ailment. 

Are you certified to do such and such?  My answer is nope and so I'm found guilty.

Not worth it.  I'll call 911 and stop playing hero.  Only exception is if it was my own family where I know I will not get sued. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 01:56:58 PM »
I'm certified in calling 911

Even if I know, I wouldn't do it.  They'll come back and bite me in the azz by saying that I did not do enough to help save that person's life and what I did was adding more to their ailment. 

Are you certified to do such and such?  My answer is nope and so I'm found guilty.

Not worth it.  I'll call 911 and stop playing hero.  Only exception is if it was my own family where I know I will not get sued.

majority of states have Good Samaritan laws that protect people from being sue for trying to help.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 03:06:39 PM »
majority of states have Good Samaritan laws that protect people from being sue for trying to help.

They need to make that law universal to all states.  If I go to your states that is protected and I do not know, forgive me for calling 911 and being facebook video cam famous. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 03:17:40 PM »
They need to make that law universal to all states.  If I go to your states that is protected and I do not know, forgive me for calling 911 and being facebook video cam famous.

All states have Good Samaritan law but they differ slightly... In some states, only trained professional are protected and normal joes are not while other states include the normal joes with train professionals.

Some states even have laws that they can fine you if you don't act, "Failure-To-Act" law. For example, if you see some emergency situation and you just stood there without helping, in MN, you can be fine up to $300. This does not mean you run into a burning building to save people etc etc. It's mostly for calling 911, giving aide to someone who feel dizzy, light headed or choking, etc. etc. Louisiana, Vermont and Rhode Island have similar law.

Advertisements