Advertisement

Author Topic: True, my early 80s Toy and Datsun trucks were only about 2k pounds, my Taco is  (Read 313 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...about 4k pounds now:

Congress sat back and let trucks become heavier, taller, and deadlier. Now pedestrian fatalities are at a 40-year high.

American trucks are becoming taller, heavier, and more dangerous to pedestrians.
As trucks get bigger and bigger, so do the blind zones in the front and to the side of the cars.
Experts and one member of Congress have suggested requiring vehicles to possess pedestrian-detecting technology.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
Not a bad idea. There are cameras and sensors for vehicles but haven’t seen any on regular vehicles for pedestrians except Tesla.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
IF they gonna turn your big size trucks and suv into plastics, they better shave off them pricing too.

What full size trucks be going these days?  Ford f -150 $35k base model and up to the sky the limit?  $85K easily full loaded top of the line stuff called limited and if you add options, phew, forget about it. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Not a bad idea. There are cameras and sensors for vehicles but haven’t seen any on regular vehicles for pedestrians except Tesla.

I think all autos should have those sensors especially bigger autos due to smaller kids and pets visibility issues mainly while backing up. When my nephew was a kid, he suffered a fractured leg when a neighbor backed up his Toyota pickup onto him. My wife's Leaf has it and she feels it's one of the most important safety features...

LEAF's standard Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection can provide audio and visual alerts and even apply the brakes to help avoid or mitigate a collisions. LEAF's standard Blind Spot Warning system can help to see what you can't.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
I sure wouldn't mind driving a little 4x4 truck nowadays.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Love this body style:

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Michael J. Fox's "Back to the Future" made it more popular but I've always like this body style and I prefer short bed too for the 4x4 trims  O0:

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's the one in "Back to the Future" movie:

Advertisements