Advertisement

Author Topic: I have a feeling ProudLao would like a piece of this?  (Read 100 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I have a feeling ProudLao would like a piece of this?
« on: March 27, 2023, 06:35:42 PM »
This Patek Philippe is most expensive watch ever sold at online auction

At Christie’s “Top of the Time” online auction based out of the auction house’s Hong Kong branch, a Patek Philippe ‘Sky Moon Tourbillon’ sold for $5.8 million (HK $45.4 million) to an anonymous buyer.

The Patek Philippe timepiece set a new record for an online auction, using a new avenue for the pre-owned watch industry that’s gaining more and more traction.

The rare watch, part of Patek’s Grand Complications series, features 12 complications such as Cathedral minute repeating, tourbillon, perpetual calendar, retrograde date, moon phases, Leap Year indication, sidereal time, sky chart, and phases and orbit of the moon. The watch face features a hand-made blue cloisonné and champlevé enamel dial and is encased in an 18-karat white gold case that took craftsmen more than 100 hours to make. The watch was originally sold to a buyer in 2015 at the Patek Philippe Salon in Geneva.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: I have a feeling ProudLao would like a piece of this?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 06:42:16 PM »
I wonder when they will design my watch.  You take a big diamond and you cut in half.  You install a watch inside of it and you put the diamond back together.  It will look like a big diamond on your wrist but it's a watch. 

Total price?  As big as the price of a big diamond minus some imperfection because you cut it in half. 

I'm no diamond expect but I have a problem with cutting down a big diamond and sell it in parts.  The value should be the price of the big diamond as nature intended it to be. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements