Advertisement

Author Topic: Rochester, MN Hmong anchor goes to Duluth after 13 years, Post Bulletin reports.  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile

ABC 6 News anchor Laura Lee makes a career move after 13 years in Rochester

"It has been an honor and a privilege to be well-received and so loved," said Laura Lee.

ROCHESTER — ABC 6 News anchor Laura Lee’s path to television news was different from that of most young reporters. Lee didn’t bounce out of college into an anchor job right away. She was already enmeshed in life’s responsibiliti es. Lee was the mother of three young children when, in perhaps the biggest gamble of her life, she made the move to Austin from Minneapolis to launch her on-air news career.

Now 13 years later, Lee is making another career move. Lee, 38, is heading to Duluth to become the main anchor of the NBC station in Duluth, Northern News Now.

Now with her oldest, Nevelyn, prepared to graduate from John Marshall High School this spring, Lee, 38, felt the time was right.

"The decision may be a surprise to some, to be honest," Lee said on our Facebook page Monday. "It was a surprise to me , too. Duluth was my first choice more than a decade ago when I started my career as a reporter, but God took me to southern Minnesota. Now, God is taking me back there."--Post Bulletin (Rochester, MN)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 12:58:03 PM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Advertisements