Advertisement

Author Topic: Sometimes the benefits are worth more than the salary, when my wife had our  (Read 231 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...daughter, she went through c-section and had to spend a couple of nights at the hospital to recover. My employment health benefit insurance covered everything 100%. No co-pay, no deductible... O0

With that said, this douche here is so inconsiderate IMO  :idiot2::

A man refused to help pay for his wife's $8K hospital bill after giving birth — because she 'caved' and got an epidural. 3 simple tips to prepare for unexpected health costs

It’s a simple fact of living in the United States: Painful health care costs come up out of nowhere like a twisted ankle or a bump on the head. Then there’s the bizarre case of a father hitting the roof over the cost of his wife’s baby delivery: an example of sticker shock turning into relationship shock.

A 32-year-old mom told the Reddit subforum “Am I the A-Hole” she’s now considering “ending her marriage.” The woman received an epidural, along with support services to help her give birth: nursery time, a lactation consultant, postpartum supplies, and even hospital food and blood tests. Necessities, right?

Not if you’re her husband, they ain’t. Her hubby took one look at the $8,000 bill and derided her for accepting such “luxury” treatment. He even claimed she “caved” after getting an epidural in her 24th hour of labor — even though he’d encouraged it at the time. And so he demanded the charge come out of her personal savings because “he shouldn’t have to pay for all of [her] extra requests.”

Is a few thousand dollars worth 14 years of a relationship down the drain? Even if this example tops them all, it’s undeniable that money fights permeate most if not all marriages, especially when a big bill blindsides the couple. The lesson here is simple: Preparation for unexpected medical costs matters. Here’s how you can get your finances in order before trouble strikes.

The Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged funding source that helps you save up for medical expenses. Contributions are tax-deductible and withdrawals for qualified medical expenses are tax-free, so you’ll save money the instant funds leave the account to pay a bill.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
So check this out.  My aunt and I both came from Narleans.  In Narleans, not sure current situation right now but they have a charity hospital.  IF you are a member there, you get free healthcare.   So she moved to california with us and her husband was still in Narleans and so whenever she goes to see her husband, she would come back with a belly.  Being pregnant, she would give birth at that charity hospital.  All of her 5 kids are all born at that hospital.  Free of charge. 

Anyone wants to read more about that hospital

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charity_Hospital_(New_Orleans)

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements