Advertisement

Author Topic: Should be a good route for some single women  (Read 294 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Should be a good route for some single women
« on: April 27, 2023, 02:35:49 PM »
 ???:

I Date Men I'll Never See Again When I Travel — And It's My Secret To A Great Trip

The author relaxes in Paris.

You Have a New Match! an excited beige box shouts at me. I had clicked on my dating app accidentally the night before while trying to open another app that starts with the same letter. I slide my finger over my phone’s surface, intending to shut the notification off. Instead, I launch the app.

Instantly, a dark-haired Parisian wearing a slim-fitting black leather jacket smiles at me from his profile photo. I’m sitting on a wicker chair, in a tiny open-air café next to the Tuileries, sipping my espresso on a small, wobbly round table, having traveled by myself to Paris from the U.S., where I live.

What sense would it make to chat with this man? I wonder. Where would it go? Why would he click on my obviously American profile? Are Parisians interested in chubby, half-Asian women? I pick up my espresso and let the rich, velvety coffee aroma clear my thoughts down to the type of question that can either forge a new life path or land me as the main character on a true crime podcast: Why the hell not? 

A deliberateswip e right and a few engaging text exchanges later, and Tea Boat* (how he taught me to pronounce his French name), age 32, single, Scorpio, blood type B, a transplant from the south of France, and I decide to drink coffee together in the 2nd arrondissement the following day.

I’d thought I was the only one who had discovered the pleasures of dating while traveling solo. Then I met Danika* (not her real name), a Russian traveler who enjoyed a three-day whirlwind romance while visiting Brooklyn this past December. She had opened Tinder looking for company after her friend contracted COVID. Then a former classmate of mine told me she also connected deeply with an app date while traveling through Europe over the summer and has been chatting with him long-distance ever since.

According to a 2018 survey conducted by Plenty of Fish, 49% of its users have gone on a date while on vacation, and another 46% at least open their dating apps to check out local singles while visiting another city. Apparently, swiping right on vacation is a waaaaaay more common practice than I realized.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Should be a good route for some single women
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 03:31:05 PM »
In other words, she's a h.oe

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
Re: Should be a good route for some single women
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 02:39:43 PM »
This is why people no longer believe in love or commitment.

Advertisements