Advertisement

Author Topic: Listen to your intuition...to confirm a liar  (Read 449 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +456
    • View Profile
Listen to your intuition...to confirm a liar
« on: April 29, 2023, 10:29:36 AM »
Bad liars are easy to catch, but the sly ones are a lot more discreet. However, neeg coj tsis ncaj ces yeej npam - as the saying goes. Someone who has guilt and things to hide cannot keep it up forever.

- the devil is in the details
- their timeline never adds up
- they have friends/associates that they're only willing to give you vague info about (this is usually the mutual acquaintances between
  them and the lover), these friends also appear awkward around you and this is only if they know of your existence
- little nuggets of information reveal themselves
- other people unknowingly give clues and info
- the coincidences are too strong to only be coincidences

And last but not least, you know yourself best. Before you allow anybody to gaslight you, ask yourself this question:

- do you typically feel like this with most people or is it just this person that gives you anxiety?

Don't let someone tell you that you're a crazy, jealous, insecure person especially when you only feel this way with them.
A person who is committed to you, cares about you, and has your best interest would not put you in a position where they could lose your trust.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Listen to your intuition...to confirm a liar
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 10:45:26 AM »
Ever get anxious feelings about a person or a situation but you just couldn't put your finger on it?

Yep, that's your intuition telling you that that person/situation is shady.

If you've ever been betrayed then you know that the trauma from it isn't always the betrayal itself, but the fact that you ignored your gut feeling and kept giving this person/situation a pass.

Why do we do that? Is it just because we are desperate and fear that nothing else will come along? Is it a virtue thing where we don't want to be that person who gives up easily when things get hard? While it's true that nothing in life is perfect, we shouldn't subject ourselves to toxic behaviors for long-term because it will cause severe emotional damage. Therefore, possibly making it harder for us to get into and maintain a healthy relationship.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 12:05:45 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 01:21:06 PM »
If this person is your bf/gf/spouse, then you know when things are different.

Don't ignore that feeling.

Awhile ago, I worked for a database management company. We were having a summer company picnic in the parking lot and I was out there with the rest of my coworkers. I'm not close to this person but I sensed something was amiss when our supervisor approached her and another coworker. He behaved as usual, but it was her body language and expression. She appeared to be agitated by his presence and not in the way that an employee might dislike the boss. Later on, the other coworker told me that they were carrying on a relationship and she was upset with him about something. I was very shocked because our supervisor was only two grades above me. Yes, we attended the same high school. This female coworker was a lot older, divorced, and a single mom of an 8-year-old boy. I don't know why she would be interested in him because he was still behaving like a frat boy. Turns out she was upset because he was emotionally immature for a relationship. You think?

My point is that you can have gut instincts about this stuff even when you're not in the relationship.  O0

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 01:30:28 PM »
Have you ever wondered why you're still not getting to where you want despite putting in your best effort?

It's possible that someone you know is intentionally sabotaging your success.

Listen to your gut feeling.

You might have an envious sibling, friend, relative, coworker, etc.

This situation can definitely make you feel and think that you're overthinking. Especially when they're always telling you that they're only advising you for your own good. But are they really? Sounds more like trying to discourage you. And some times, they even outright sabotage you behind your back. Especially if you notice that they are knit-picking over the smallest things, but don't do the same for others who actually do make big blunders.

P90xbox

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 10:35:52 PM »
yes it is true IMO as well. Sometimes good people are not healthy for us too. haha it's like a basketball team. Two or even three good high level basketball players on the same team has been shown to be a disaster...lol s

but yeah, if you or your partner has concerns regarding trust or whatever. you guys would sit down and talk it out and reassure one another..if someone is defensive, upset, or whatever that you have these concerns, then likely they are hiding something..yup .

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 12:52:53 AM »
Sometimes you just allow them to keep talking so that they'll incriminate themselves.

If they ghost or start avoiding you then it's because they know that you know.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 08:45:43 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Advertisements