Advertisement

Author Topic: This Black couple wants a White baby because they don't want a Jiminy Cricket  (Read 193 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..looking baby  ???:

Rapper Da Brat says she and her wife chose a white sperm donor because the only Black donor presented to them 'looked like Jiminy Cricket'

Da Brat and her wife spoke about why they chose a white sperm donor to conceive their first child.

"We didn't have a lot to choose from," Brat told The Root.

Brat said that the only Black donor presented to them "looked like Jiminy Cricket."

Rapper Da Brat and her wife Jesseca Dupart have shared why they chose a white sperm donor to conceive their first child.

"We didn't have a lot to choose from, he definitely wasn't Black," Brat told The Root in an interview published last week.

The couple, who married in February 2022, said that they started with a few thousand candidates, but once they ruled some out based on Dupart's genetic screening, they were left with 300 potential donors, and only one was Black.

Brat said that the man "looked like Jiminy Cricket," adding: "I was like, "I'm sorry but that wasn't gonna be my choice."

The Chicago rapper added that despite the lack of suitable donors, she thinks she and Dupart made the right choice.

"I think we did a great job with picking," she said. "He's handsome, he's tall and I think he's going to look beautiful with my wife's egg."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements