Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone Retiring Yet  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Anyone Retiring Yet
« on: May 24, 2023, 11:30:55 PM »
I know I know but we're all getting there and some of us sooner than later.  So, is anyone retiring yet?  I don't plan to unless I have something better to do. 

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

P90xbox

Re: Anyone Retiring Yet
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 02:57:06 PM »
I was...then I went semi, then back to miscellenous.. .some weeks I work over 60 hours..some i work less than 10...last 3 or 4 weeks I was busting 60-70 hours weekly..not that I had to but just wanted to..workaholic disorder..lols

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 10:02:00 PM »
You know work is good for your health.

However, in the morning I'm tempted to toss the alarm ahhaha.  I'm not a morning person.  Some folks like to get up early in the morning, catch up on news, coffee...etc.. .to start their day.  Me, I wake up and feel like a zombie and take a good 20 mins or so to get out of zombie mode. When I was younger, I didn't really have this problem.    I may simply retired so I can crawl back in bed haha for another 5 mins hahhah...

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

P90xbox

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 07:30:15 PM »
option 1- go to school, do whatever it takes to get a degree, lie, cheat, fake it til u get that dream job...save and invest into your 401k your ass off too....you'll retire at 75, maybe 85 now days to some...but you'll survive comfortably..h opefully.

option 2- work your ass off, put up with a ton of shit from a ton of people..save your ass off, invest in whatever..pray you make it.

option 3- be a business man or professional hustler and believe in yourself when nobody else will...legit, no scamming others, cheating or whatever...sel f made..hell yeah..fuke yeah

I didn't choose option 3, it was given to me...lols

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 07:24:56 PM »
The simple life in Laos is the best life haha....  Of course people over there don't believe that... But it's true.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 03:13:02 AM »
I don't think I'll be retiring. I enjoy what I do as long as I bring it with me during my travels.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 07:29:01 PM »
The simple life in Laos is the best life haha....  Of course people over there don't believe that... But it's true.

yes, so true...I would be down for it..as long as there is endless supplies of food, hygeine products, a working toilet, and toilet paper..haha lols

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 09:35:37 PM »
Still a very long way from it.

But if I hit that $1 billion it’s a different story lol