Advertisement

Author Topic: That's too bad cause when I was in Edmonton, it was a nice place  (Read 157 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
EDMONTON, Alberta — As acrid smoke filled the air, turning the sky around her sleepy hometown, Fox Creek, Alberta, a garish blood orange, Nicole Clarke said she felt a sense of terror.

A ‘Canadian Armageddon’ Sets Parts of Western Canada on Fire

EDMONTON, Alberta — As acrid smoke filled the air, turning the sky around her sleepy hometown, Fox Creek, Alberta, a garish blood orange, Nicole Clarke said she felt a sense of terror.

With no time to collect family photographs, she grabbed her two young children, hopped into her pickup truck, and sped away, praying she wouldn’t drive into the blaze’s menacing path.

“This feels like a Canadian Armageddon, like a bad horror film,” said Clarke, a 37-year-old hair stylist, standing outside her truck, a large hamper of dirty laundry piled in the back.

Took these photos of their mall when I was there:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: That's too bad cause when I was in Edmonton, it was a nice place
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 11:48:33 PM »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 11:49:42 PM »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 12:48:53 AM »
NEW YORK — Smoke from Canadian wildfires poured into the U.S. East Coast and Midwest on Wednesday, covering the capitals of both nations in an unhealthy haze, holding up flights at major airports, postponing Major League Baseball games and prompting people to fish out pandemic-era face masks.

Advertisements