Advertisement

Author Topic: Been on several of these 15 roads and I'm sure some of you may have too...  (Read 214 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
15 of the Scariest Drives in America

1. The Tail of the Dragon

2. The Million Dollar Highway

3. Moki Dugway

4. Pikes Peak Highway

5. Going-to-The-sun Road

6. Zombie Road

7. Dalton Highway

8. Deadman’s Pass

9. Independence Pass

10. Halawa Valley

11. Highway of Death

12. The Devil’s Highway

13. California State Route 1

14. White Rim Road

15. Road to Hana

Here are some of the photos I took while on those roads:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
My favorite overall is still PCH 1  O0:

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
This fall is right off the 1. Just park on the shoulder and walk to it, easy to get to. Make sure the wheels of your car are inside the white line on the shoulder as those ranger will ticket you if not:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 11:44:53 PM by theking »

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
I recently drove through tail of the dragon(off peak) and not scary. Some of our local roads are scarier. I drove pretty much the whole highway 1 and can’t seem to recall anything scary about it. More of a scenic drive.

Like this post: +1

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I've been on the PCH many times and yep, just use common sense and one should be fine...For example, if something really caught your eyes, just pull over and look at it instead getting distracted while driving.  O0

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
This just happened:

Woman airlifted to safety after car plunges off highway into sea

A helicopter airlifted an 18-year-old woman to safety after her car plunged off the Pacific Coast Highway into the ocean, California video shows. The crash took place at 1:10 p.m. Friday, June 9, on the coastal highway near Neptune's Net in Ventura County, the California Highway Patrol told the Ventura County Star.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
State route one.  Took it a few times but last time was a dozen years ago.  Drove it for the experiences.

Took me 12 hours from SF to southern cali,  a trip that only takes 6 on normal I-5 driving

One time my dad car transmission broke cuz all them twisting and turning, your transmission works hard as she be shifting up and down constantly.   One time GPS lady took me back from route one, through ventura hills and jungle and back on the typical highway in the valley.  One time, went on a trip with some UCLA females and we would exited highway 1 just to follow other cars and it took us to a resort, camping living where we spent the night.  These UCLA females I'm telling ya.  This one couple did the nasty while we were just right outside of their tent.  After they were done like less than 5 minutes of grunting and footsie fighting, they just casually went outside and joined us at the campfire.  We were giggling though.  Not enough tents so I slept outside and the sister of the gal that got popped by her bf asked me to go inside of that same tent to sleep at 4am because she felt bad for me.  Stupid of me being young and lack experiences, it was  her call to give her some warm body heat.  I rolled over to the edges of the tent and KO and that was that.  One of my most regretful moment in my life.  Woke up and found that condom wrapper somewhere near me.   :2funny:  Good times

Good route for passengers but not much for drivers.  Need to keep your eyes on the road for the driver. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements