Advertisement

Author Topic: $200k a year salary is NOT enough?  (Read 145 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
$200k a year salary is NOT enough?
« on: June 08, 2023, 01:38:08 PM »
West Coast dockworkers making $200K demand higher pay

Full-time dockworkers came in 21% higher than lawyers and 9% above dentists. Average earnings in 2022 for all full-time ILWU registrants — $211,000 — were 3.4 times higher than the average wage for all professions calculated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. (Chart: FreightWaves.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: $200k a year salary is NOT enough?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 01:59:19 PM »
This job title better be competitive and must required a lot of training and certs or probably a job that not many people can do like lifting 200lbs at ease. 

The fastest time I ever left a job was only 4 hours in my first day.  AT lunch time, I dipped.  They told me the weight to lift was only 20lbs.  They lied.  It was 60lbs the least and in a hot azz container and products from china.  I tried for 4 hours.  Had backaches for days.  Nevermore.  I respect those who works in containers and in the summertime.  If I need a hard working labor job guy, I would love to hire these guys.  They are strong, takes orders and willing to work for cheap pay.  Not much brain to think that their talents can be used elsewhere where they pay them 200K for a hard job done. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements