Advertisement

Author Topic: Didn't know Kunta Kinte struggles this much financially?  (Read 204 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Didn't know Kunta Kinte struggles this much financially?
« on: June 08, 2023, 07:38:48 PM »
John Amos’ Family Tries To Raise $500K To Help Him After Alleged Elder Abuse

Actor John Amos is best known for his role in “Roots”

His daughter, Shannon Amos, and several other family members have set up a GoFundMe page to help the actor after they say that he was a victim of elder abuse.

John Amos' Family Tries To Raise $500,000 To Help 'America's Dad' After Alleged Elder Abuse.

...The family of actor John Amos has created a GoFundMe page to try to help the actor after they allege that he was a victim of elder abuse. His daughter, Shannon, shared a video that the two had made for TikTok last November. She called it "a cherished moment forever etched in my heart."

Unfortunately, just last month, on May 14, Shannon said that their lives took a "devastating turn" when she received a "distressing" call from Amos after he had been hospitalized in Memphis, Tennessee.

Although she was out of the country, she called a family friend to fly to Memphis while she made preparations to visit her father in person. Her friend discovered that not only was Amos in the hospital, but he was "fighting for his life in the ICU."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't know Kunta Kinte struggles this much financially?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 02:18:57 PM »
Hmmm.... ???

John Amos' Daughter Shannon's GoFundMe Removed as He Accuses Her of Elder Abuse

"I am not in the distressed condition as described in the GoFundMe page," Amos previously told PEOPLE this week

The GoFundMe page created by John Amos' daughter Shannon Amos to raise $500,000 for "legal, medical, future housing, and care expenses" for her father has been taken down, shortly after the Good Times and Roots star accused her of elder abuse earlier this week.

As of Sunday morning, the GoFundMe page once intended to assist John following claims that he was the victim of "elder abuse and financial exploitation" is no longer available to view.

The initial campaign had already raised more than $13,000 of its $500,000 goal, with more than 300 donations, as of Thursday.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Shannon previously wrote on Instagram that she received a "distressing call" from her father that he was in "immense pain" at a Memphis hospital and was told he was "hanging by a thread."

She added that she was working with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations at the time to "ensure their prosecution and protect my father's future," and also claimed that the victimization was "believed to be perpetrated by a trusted caregiver."

John, 83, however, accused Shannon herself of the elder abuse in a video shared on social media by his son, K.C. Amos.

“She would be the primary suspect — if you would,” John alleged in a video filmed from a hospital bed. “I don’t know if that’s the right term to use or not. But she’s the one that I would attribute my elderly abuse to. It’s definitely a case of elderly abuse."

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't know Kunta Kinte struggles this much financially?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 12:07:53 AM »
John Amos and a Family at War With Itself
The acrimonious battle between the children of the 83-year-old ‘Good Times’ legend as they fight over his care, his legacy and his love.

In July, TV legend John Amos’ 53-year-old son, K.C., ended up in a New Jersey jail after his 57-year-old daughter, Shannon, claimed that K.C. had sent her “terroristic” threats over text message that made her believe that her life was in danger, according to a police report. These included a photo of a rifle with a caption explaining that it “can clean a turkey out from 3 football fields away.”

It was the latest in a series of sensational, headline-grabbing episodes involving the siblings this year. They’ve been locked in a bitter dispute over their father’s care, with accusations of elder abuse slung in each direction. Yet behind the scenes, The Hollywood Reporter has learned through discussions with all three Amoses that the situation is both more and less than it seems.

Advertisements