Advertisement

Author Topic: Are you stealing from your future like these doctors?  (Read 662 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Are you stealing from your future like these doctors?
« on: August 14, 2023, 02:10:22 PM »
Common sense tip: Live within your means.. ???

‘I’m stealing from my future’: A 33-year old doctor and her husband in LA make over $200K but were on the cusp of being homeless. 5 lessons you can learn from their mistakes

Christina and her husband Jack may be high earners in Los Angeles — but thanks to their lavish spending habits, when they were booted out of their last home, they were left scrambling with no savings for a deposit or first month’s rent.

“I honestly don’t know what happened, we just decided to upgrade our lifestyle,” Christina told Ramit Sethi on his podcast, “I Will Teach You To Be Rich,” offering up examples of spending on extravagant vacations and costly furniture.

Christina currently earns $136,800 a year and with Jack’s income, the couple bring in a total of $207,000. Christina’s expecting to make around $300,000 later this year when she becomes a fully licensed oncologist.

“I’m stealing from my future,” she admits. “I’m afraid that it’s going to be the same and it actually might get worse, I might have even more debt.”

How to consolidate credit card debt with a personal loan

Here are five things you can learn from the couple to avoid landing in a similar situation.

1. Talk to your partner about money
Despite being married for three years and having two kids together, Christina and Jack admit they’ve never really sat down and had a direct, honest conversation about their finances.

They have completely different philosophies when it comes to money habits as well — Christina, who has worked 80 hours a week for three years, tends to be more of a spender, especially when it comes to splurging on big vacations during her limited time off.

Having open conversations (that’s right, multiple talks) about your finances, spending habits and goals can help kickstart a healthier relationship with not just money, but your partner as well.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Re: Are you stealing from your future like these doctors?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 02:45:30 PM »
This is normal to majority of America... live beyond their mean. She probably has student loan debt that she want the gov't to forgive.

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements