Advertisement

Author Topic: Is this a sensible approach to greed?  (Read 61 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
Is this a sensible approach to greed?
« on: September 12, 2023, 02:06:09 PM »
Oliver Anthony cancels concert over high ticket prices: 'This will never happen again'

Oliver Anthony has canceled his show at Nashville's Cotton Eyed Joe due to high ticket prices.

"Cotton Eyed Joe has been cancelled (sic). Ultimately, it’s my fault for not being more directly involved with the venues who have reached out. My plate has been full and I delegated the responsibility to someone else to help me book," the "Rich Men North of Richmond" singer told fans on Facebook Monday night. "I am not pointing fingers at Cotton Eyed Joe, I don’t know where the miscommunicati on took place. I’m just upset seeing those prices."

He added: "We will find another place in Knoxville area that can do $25 ticket and free meet and greet. I will work to get your tickets refunded from my own budget if they can’t. This will never happen again. Thanks for your patience. I am still learning how all of this works."

Why did Oliver Anthony cancel his show at Cotton Eyed Joe?

Hours before canceling, the "Ain't Gotta Dollar" singer told fans on social media not to buy tickets to his scheduled concert on Sept. 27 because they were $90 and $200 for a meet and greet. "That's not acceptable," he wrote on Instagram. "My shows should never cost more than $40, ideally no more than $25. Hell, out of the 4 shows we have currently done, 2 of them have been completely free."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements