Advertisement

Author Topic: Gotta say SF Bay Area Asian guy picked a pretty nice spot to get hitched!  (Read 192 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Silicon Valley tech guru Andrew Chen marries former Miss Ireland in Utah desert

Former Miss Ireland Emma Waldron and Silicon Valley tech guru Andrew Chen were recently married in Moab, Utah.

Picturesque ceremony: The couple held an intimate wedding earlier this month with Arches National Park as their backdrop. The special affair was attended by immediate family members.

Chen, a partner at venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, shared a clip of the event on social media, writing, "Big news! @EmmaBWaldron and I are married." He went on to describe their memorable ceremony and mentioned that their honeymoon will be in Japan.

Here are the photos I took when I visited that area. One of the best spots for 4x4 and outdoor activities IMO  O0:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 09:24:41 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta say SF Bay Area Asian guy picked a pretty nice spot to get hitched!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 02:11:48 PM »
A Silicon Valley tech investor's wedding at a famous Utah landmark left the site completely trashed, council member says

A Silicon Valley tech investor and his beauty pageant-winner-turned-AI-startup-founder bride held their September wedding at the base of a world famous natural landmark in Utah after promising land management officials the affair would be small and simple.

But the aftermath of the Labor Day Weekend ceremony — including leftover garbage and a multi-day clean-up process — suggests the couple misrepresented the size and scope of their event, a local council member told Business Insider.

"It's a beautiful place. I don't blame them for getting married here," Pamela Gibson, a council member for the nearby town of Castle Valley said. "But whoever was responsible for cleaning up the area did not do the job they should have done."

Andrew Chen and former Miss Ireland Emma Waldron tied the knot at the base of Castleton Tower, a well-known rock formation located about 30 minutes outside Moab, Utah, over Labor Day Weekend, SFGate reported this week.

The couple appears to have since deleted or made private all photo evidence of the event, though some screenshots and recordings of social media posts from the wedding are still on X.

Chen is the author of a tech newsletter popular with Silicon Valley founders, as well as a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz, the startup investor that backed Twitter, Airbnb, Reddit, and Lyft, among others.

He did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements