Advertisement

Author Topic: Looks like he was just trying to help MidWest folks so what's the problem?  (Read 232 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1330
    • View Profile
As folks freeze to death in the Midwest, an Ohio pastor is charged for offering shelter

Chris Avell, pastor of Dad's Place in Bryan, Ohio, was arraigned in court last week because he kept his church open 24/7 to provide warmth to the unhoused. Ohio law prohibits residential use in first-floor buildings in a business district.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Humanity if dead in America...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Humanity if dead in America...

???

IF or IS?

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +382
    • View Profile
Since the state of Ohio is religious, why the governor goes against their own faith? Hmmm... business over faith. I guess money was involved.

Ohio ranks 17th, with 58% of its population identifying as highly religious. The state has a diverse religious landscape, including Protestant denominations, Catholicism, and a growing number of non-Christian faiths.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +656
    • View Profile
US is one big HOA.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Since the state of Ohio is religious, why the governor goes against their own faith? Hmmm... business over faith. I guess money was involved.

Christian in name, not by acts.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
???

IF or IS?

Typo...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Christian in name, not by acts.

That's true... even gay people claimed they are Christian.

You can't put that on religion or blame religious people... We have to look at the law itself, when and why was it created in the first place. What the cops or authority should have done is look at the situation. Is the law broken for good reason... e.g. In an emergency, you're allow to speed (pregnant wife about to give birth in vehicle or someone bleeding from a gun shot) - the cop will not arrest you but might actually clear the way for you to get to the hospital.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 12:21:18 PM by Hung_Low »

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Typo...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

That's true... even gay people claimed they are Christian.

You can't put that on religion or blame religious people... We have to look at the law itself, when and why was it created in the first place. What the cops or authority should have done is look at the situation. Is the law broken for good reason... e.g. In an emergency, you're allow to speed (pregnant wife about to give birth in vehicle or someone bleeding from a gun shot) - the cop will not arrest you but might actually clear the way for you to get to the hospital.

So Christians can't be gay?

Because if you're refrencing the Bible I'd like to introduce both the Left and Right to some commandments.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
So Christians can't be gay?

Because if you're refrencing the Bible I'd like to introduce both the Left and Right to some commandments.

LMAO!!! You do that if it'll make you feel better... but it'll still be a 'NO'... unless they repent.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
LMAO!!! You do that if it'll make you feel better... but it'll still be a 'NO'... unless they repent.

So you'll cherry pick? And you completely missed my point. Not surprising though. Keep playing the part of the good quiet servant to you color challenged masters.

Advertisements