Advertisement

Author Topic: My nephew's my age when I bought my first home, he wants to follow my foot steps  (Read 248 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
..Like me back in the mid-90s, he's single with no dependent. Although he makes way more money than I did back in the 90s, the housing market was more favorable to me. The average home price and income gap was much closer compared to now. Plus, my interest rate was much lower.

I told him if he can afford it, go for it as he can always refi down the road if needed while continuing to build equity. I went to visit some of the new build homes that he's interested in and the constructions, duct, markings, measurements, etc., reminded me a lot of when I bought my first home that was also a new build during my walk through:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 02:17:26 AM by theking »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Like in the 90s, most of the on site workers are Mev:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 02:16:07 AM by theking »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
i have two takes on this one

1.  buying a house right now in high price and interest rate is one of the worst decision, you will ever make.  i will tell him to stay with momma till everything comes back down

2.  why are you CHAI VANG TRESPASSING??... do you have a death wish and want your daugther to grow up a orphan

;D ;D ;D ;D

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
TOLD YA hmgLIAR will crawl back again because he's still very "mad"... ;D O0

So much so he still can't abide by his own words AKA LIES like the "legit" "ALL CATTLE" PROOF quote below:

I ALREADY STOP CLICKUON THEM

Ignorant dude called doing a walk through with the buyer's realtor "TRESPASSING"... :idiot2:

Obviously, this mommy's basement dweller has never bought a house nor done a walk through with a realtor.

"SEEING IS TRULY BELIEVING YO"

;D ;D ;D

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +659
    • View Profile
If I was giving my nephew advice about real estate, I’ll tell him to build from scratch. Buy land and build, might even cost less than the inflated prices home builders are asking for now.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
-<<<<< LMAO

why is this fool CHAI VANG TRESPASSING???

he want to shoot 5 buck and 1 doe or something

;D ;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
TOLD YA hmgLIAR will crawl back again because he's still very "mad"... ;D O0

So much so he still can't abide by his own words AKA LIES like the "legit" "ALL CATTLE" PROOF quote below:

I ALREADY STOP CLICKUON THEM

Ignorant dude called doing a walk through with the buyer's realtor "TRESPASSING"... :idiot2:

Obviously, this mommy's basement dweller has never bought a house nor done a walk through with a realtor.

"SEEING IS TRULY BELIEVING YO"

;D ;D ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
My nephew is under 30 so we shall see if he can go through with it or not  ???:

‘No longer the American dream’: Grant Cardone says people under 30 'should not even consider' buying a home

Buying a house has long been considered an essential part of the American dream, as homeownership can be a symbol of prosperity, stability and success. However, real estate mogul Grant Cardone argues that this notion no longer holds true.

In fact, for young Americans, Cardone believes that the idea of home ownership simply shouldn’t cross their minds right now.

“Anyone under 30 years old should not even consider buying a home at this time,” he wrote in a recent post on X.

Cardone, who once called buying a home “the worst investment people can make,” went on to highlight the heavy financial burden of homeownership.

He wrote that the average home now costs $436,000. He didn’t cite a source for this figure, but the median sale price of houses in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2024 was $420,800, per the U.S. Census Bureau.

“The total annual outlay is $50,000 a year ($4200/mo),” he wrote, explaining that this amount includes interest payments, property taxes, HOA (homeowners association) fees, PMI (private mortgage insurance) and maintenance costs.

As a result, Cardone recommends that young people consider renting instead.

“You can rent for under $2,000 with no long term commitment, down payment & keep your mobility,” he wrote, concluding that “Buying a house is no longer the ‘American dream.’”

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The model homes we visited with my nephew are nicely built:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile