Advertisement

Author Topic: What Car Do You Own? (Make Into Sticky?)  (Read 87250 times)

Mynes_3

Re: What Car Do You Own? (Make Into Sticky?)
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2012, 07:47:25 AM »
91 supra turbo undergoing new swap and 95 accord ex to daily right here.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

yajmafia

« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »
1999 Acura RL
1998 Toyota Corolla VE  <-- Ultimate Gas Saver!

E92M3

« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »
2011 M3 Coupe

Noobie here so don't know how to post pix.  Any thoughts?

ztommyx

« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »
^^ sign up at www.photobucke t.com  O0

E92M3

« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »

CheechnChong

« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2012, 11:45:26 AM »
2011 M3 Coupe

Noobie here so don't know how to post pix.  Any thoughts?

How do you like the car so far? Is this your first Bimmer?

E92M3

« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2012, 12:24:11 PM »

How do you like the car so far? Is this your first Bimmer?

Car has been amazing.  Prior to this, I had a 2010 335 xDrive.  I thought that was fast and handle very well.  However, the M3 is a different beast of it's own.  I have the DCT and Competition package and gotta say the roar of the V8 never seems to amazes me.  The DCT is phenemonal in that when you downshift, the rev match is always there.  You're always in the sweet spot.  It never wants to let up.  When you're at 75mph, it's only at about 3k RPM.  Step on the gas and this baby just keeps on pushing.  Steering and feel is also phenomenal.  You never feel like you're out of control.  Press the M button and its a different story.  It feels like you've awaken a giant.  Some may say that it lacks front end torque b/c of it being a N/A engine.  I say coming from a 335i xDrive with twin turbo, this is not true.  Although, next gen M3 will likely be twin or tri-turbo.

CheechnChong

« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
Very nice and Congrats!  So what drew you to BMW?

That V8 is a great addition to the M3 legacy.  How do you like the head snappy paddle shifts?  One thing I like about BMW's is they put some really good tires on their cars from the factory, that in itself helps to sell their great handling.  Anything you don't like about the car?

E92M3

« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »
Very nice and Congrats!  So what drew you to BMW?

That V8 is a great addition to the M3 legacy.  How do you like the head snappy paddle shifts?  One thing I like about BMW's is they put some really good tires on their cars from the factory, that in itself helps to sell their great handling.  Anything you don't like about the car?

I drove a Civic for a long time after I got out of college.  I had put about 200K miles on that car.  I always had an affinity towards BMW after seeing them at the Detroit Auto Show and going to some track meets with some of my buddies.  I would say the precision handling is what got me.  The M3 has always been one of my dream cars.  I've been very fortunate in my professional and personal life and this was always a dream so I decided to pull the trigger (Life's too short to think about what could have been  :).  Interestingly, I went and bought a civic as a beater after I got the M3.

The tires are nice.  I've got Continentals that came as stock.  My next set will likely be the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.  The only thing I don't like about the car, and its a very minimal dislike, is the weight and cup holders.  The cars weighs about 3,800lbs.  If they could find a way to drop into low 3,000lbs, it would be an even better track and street monster.  However, with 414 HP, it's easy to forget the weight.  The cup holders are crap as they are not deep enough to hold anything.  However, BMW would probably say we compensated for that in the engine and performance.

After driving the M3, I'm curious as to how the Skyline GT-R feels.  All the reviews on that car is that it is a beast, almost supercar level.  I've seen the review on Top Gear and other sites and that car is a beauty.  Will try to test drive one this summer.  Also, like the new Porsche 911 but a two seater is probably going to be a non-starter.

CheechnChong

« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2012, 06:58:50 PM »
Now you're talking my lingo.  I'm been around BMW's for many years and I can tell you there's very few cars that would maintain my interest and has the ability to keep surprising me every time I get in one like the GT-R. The beautiful thing about cars like the GT-R is you have the option to change it's temperament on the fly depending on how you feel like driving and the conditions. This car will make an average driver look like a pro and a pro look god like. Pulls G's like a race car and laser like precision no other car can match even in the $300k class. It's a real drivers car.

yang2216

« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »

CheechnChong

« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »
yang2216 - are you part of the northstartbmw club or mnbmw?

yang2216

« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
no, y?

CheechnChong

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »
no, y?

Just curious, thought some of those cars looked like they were taken from one of our BMW member picnics. Nice cars!

yang2216

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
The first picture was taken at a BMW meet in hidden fall. Which club do you belong to?

Advertisements