Advertisement

Author Topic: Ramblings  (Read 51255 times)

TuesdaysGirl

Re: Ramblings
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2012, 09:27:27 PM »
Yay, twenty more minutes! I'm patient at times, totally impatient at other times.

L says I have the oddest habits. I don't think so. There's nothing wrong with wrapping my cups with napkins. There's a logical reason behind it. I can't see why she doesn't see it. She also thinks arranging Skittles by color before eating them is weird. It is not!

The C.Partner says I need more drama. I think she wants me to kill off the H, only, he's not really dead, so of course, he'll resurface, only, by then, the h would have moved on with his best friend, except, she's carrying the H's baby, but neither men are privy to that information, so there exists this love triangle, where, eventually, someone will slip on a peach seed, lose consciousness, fall into a coma, and be taken off life support. Ick.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Things about work, No. 5:

The lonely chair:

I finally cleared everything off the lonely chair today. I really dislike clutter and it was almost painful to watch it pile up with files and documents. Not anymore!  :)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:24:30 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
Sooooooo COLD! My fingers and legs are frozen. Why can't management lower the air!

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »
One of the counselors says I'm a weakling.   >:(

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
I'm a walking accident today.  :( I cut myself washing dishes, my knee's bruised because a door hit me, and my tummy hurts because I drank cold water. I need a pity party.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I felt the bed shift and I opened my eyes. A smile made its way to my mouth. “I’ve been waiting for you,” I said, twisting my neck to peer up at the dark figure who’d just slipped in beside me.

“Yea,” the figure said.

“Uh huh.” Even in the dark, I could see my husband’s grin. I scoot closer. “You’re late.” And he was. The clock on our bed stand read 3:05.

“I know.” Acknowledgemen t. No excuses, no denial, just straightforwar dness. It was so like him.

“I was worry you wouldn’t come,” I revealed, voicing the concern that had plague me as the clock had turned 1, 2, and finally, 3.

“I’m sorry.” Regret laced his voice. “It’s getting harder to find you.”

The words stopped me short. I stared at him, not seeing, but knowing what was there. Black hair, a little rough, a little ruffled. Dark brown eyes; eyes that lit with gleam when he teased me, turned liquid black when he made love to me, and sparked with anger when he was worry about me.

He would be dressed in his black suit, the top two buttons of his white shirt undone. Just like the first time we saw each other. Just like the last time I saw him.

There was a little scar beneath his right eyes from a basketball incident. It had caught my eyes on our first date. A week later, I had kissed it as we made love for the first time.

“Please, don’t leave again,” I plead, fear gripping me.

“I won’t. Not if I can help it.”

My hands involuntarily reached up to touched his forehead. “Mom wants me to move back home. She’s more persistent than ever.”

For a moment, he said nothing, than, “Do you want to?”

“No.” I couldn’t. Even in the state it was in now, this was home. This little two bedroom house that we bought two months after we were married. This was where we were supposed to start our lives together.

We were supposed to do many things together. Vacation in Europe. Fix the patio. Have kids. Grow old together. The list was long.

“Are you sure?”

I heard the uncertainty in his voice and my eyes narrowed. “Yes,” I snapped, loud and clear. I couldn’t leave our home. How would he find me?

He chuckled and the tension eased. I pressed my face further into his pillow. This was one of the reasons why I love him. He always knew when to make things better.

The lure of sleep washed over me and I yawned. “Do you remember the first time we met?” I asked between gasps.

I felt his grin on my cheek. “It’s hard to forget. You called me a thug and told me to get away from you.”

“I did not.”

“You did.”

Okay, so maybe I did. Sort of. “Only because I had good cause to.”

Another chuckle. I smile and my thoughts returned to that night two and a half years ago. It seemed like a lifetime ago.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »

Some people are creatures of the night. I am not one of them. Staring at the building before me, its name glittering in blue and green neon lights: Blue Lounge, I checked my phone. Midnight.

“Are you sure it’s not too late?” I asked.

The group of women surrounding me all stopped what they were doing. Three pairs of eyes immediately turned on me.

“Late,” said April, a fellow teacher who worked with me, “are you kidding? The night just started.”

I held back a sigh and surveyed the women with me. With April were Steph, our school’s attendance clerk and May, one of the school counselors. As the new face, they had all decided to show me around my new city.

“The Blue Lounge is a great place to unwind on a Friday night Gaonou,” Steph said to me, leading the way inside. “You’ll like.”

It was on the tip of my tongue to say it was no longer Friday, but I caught myself. I didn’t want them to think I was unappreciative . I wasn’t. In the month that I’ve moved and started, the three of them were becoming great friends.

Pushing back my desire to be at home, I headed inside.  We found a table right away and before I knew it, a drink was in front of me.

“So,” asked April, “what do you think?”

“It’s nice,” I answered, honestly. Despite the tacky neon sign, the inside of the lounge was tastefully done in dark hues. The music wasn’t annoying loud and the crowd was older, less immature. “Thanks again for doing this.”

“You don’t have to thank us,” May said, and April and Steph nodded in agreement. “Besides, it gave us a chance to get out too.”

I smiled. Out of the four of us, May was the only married one, the only one with kids. “Did your husband mind at all?”

May made a dismissive sound. “No. But his mother sure did. She thinks married women should do nothing but work and stay home.”

“That’s why you don’t live with the in-laws,” Steph chimed in.

“Are Lao parents the same?” I asked.

Steph nodded. “Maybe even worse. You know Asian parents and their traditions.”

“Of course.”

We all laughed. The conversation flowed from family to work and then to anything. We were in the middle of a discussion about a new movie when a man stopped in front of our table. He greeted all of us before turning to April. Signaling to a group in the corner, he asked her to join them for a drink.

Silence fell over the table as April thought it over.

“Sure,” April finally said, and then turning to me said, “Come with me.”

“What?” I blurted.

“Please, Gaonou.”

I looked helplessly at May and Steph.

“I’m married,” May explained.

“I’m engaged,” Steph said, flashing her ring.

I knew someone had to go with April. We couldn’t let her go alone. I just didn’t want to be that person. Reluctantly, I followed April and the man, who’d told us his name was Paul.

When we reached Paul’s table, every pair of eyes looked up at us. Dread came over me. It felt like we were intruding and it was the last thing I wanted. I told myself I would only stay long enough to make sure April was comfortable and safe and then leave.

“Guys,” Paul started, “this is April and Gaonou.”

“Hi,” April said, dazzling the group with her smile. April was attractive and knew how to play up her features so I wasn’t at all surprised by the men’s attention to her.

Neither was I jealous. Next to her, I knew I looked plainer, but I didn’t mind. I was who I was and for the most part, I was comfortable with myself. I didn’t like fake lashes, so I leave them out when putting on makeup. I hate being the center of attention, so I dress modestly.

Saying hi, I sat down next to April. The seat next to me was empty and I thanked god for it. There was something about Paul’s group of friends that put me on edge. They reminded me of the type of boys I avoided. The type who did things the hard way.

Never one for easy conversations with strangers, I let April do most of the talking. My mind wandered as my eyes found the night sky and I thought of all that had happened in the last two months. I smiled to myself, not really believing it.

And when I looked back, I found a pair of deep brown eyes staring at me.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2012, 12:04:58 AM »
you need a dark side.

It would make me more interesting. How does one go about acquiring a dark side?

She smiled at him. "Will you let me entrap you? Make you fall in love with me? We can lie on the riverbank, my head on your shoulder, a fishing pole in your hand, a book in mines. We'll sprout nonsense with a wealth of meanings."

"And then?"

"And then I'll break your heart and the ice in mines will melt. We'll depart then and the memories will become dreams and we'll wonder if each other ever existed at all."

You once told me no. I wonder, is your answer still the same?

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
I want to go home. Especially, since I have an early morning drive tomorrow.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2012, 01:18:47 PM »
A slow Monday, I don't know what to think!

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

Wow....has it been that long? Gosh. LOL

Hello again, Journal. The end is near. I should just finish it. A part of me gets melancholy thinking about it.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:17:36 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2013, 12:35:22 PM »
Ick! I don't want to work today. It's raining and cold, I want to be home curled under a blankie.  :'(

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2013, 02:00:25 PM »
Talking to myself #1: I have a stack of invoices & axs that need my signature. Darn. Can I put it off until Monday?

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2013, 10:41:27 AM »
Good Saturday Morning, World!
The sun is out, the sun is out. It's going to be a beautiful day.  :)
Today...hmmm: lay around and enjoy the sun, finish chapter 14 (I'm sooooooo close, one more chapter) and tonight, family dinner to celebrate A's mommy's birthday.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
 :)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:18:15 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2013, 09:26:23 PM »
I miss summer........ ...

One more chapter and I can kiss this book done! Part of me is excited. I'm staring at the MS, at what I have printed so far, a stack of 200 + pages next to my night stand, and even if HR rejects it, even if I fail to get an agent to look at it, I would still be happy. I would have accomplished what I set out to do. In the end, that's all that really matters. I will embrace the unknown when the time comes. Until then, minus 20 pages and counting.

As A would say, "Smile, Auntie CC."

Advertisements