Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1580829 times)

JazzBootz

Hmong Ghost Stories
« on: April 04, 2008, 06:55:22 AM »
This topic stays on PH unless it violate forum rules.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:33:17 PM by admin »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

yamaha

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:31:45 PM »
Here's a real one. Don't freak out!

A real Hmong-American pastor actually acted in a movie as the dead guy who was on the death-wall bed reaching for the chicken above his head in the middle of the night when only one Txiv Qeej was around.

isn't it that one movie that Xab made in thailand?

Swordplay

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
jazz - Heres a nice one for ya!...  ^-^  U know in the mid 80's there was a "queer" trend of Hmong men in Ban Vinai who started wearing red nail polish.  ... It supposedly had to do w/ a 'horny' female ghost spirit who would come around to "tsuam" and do "other stuff"  to any guy who was unmarried. .... So all the single guys had to paint their nails in order to fool the ghost that they were "girls" too so she wouldn't come around to bother them..... then they would hang up signs on their doors sayin something like "only old women, a dog and a cat lives here" ... believing this would also ward off the ghost! lols  >:D

I heard of this one from the folks who lived there during those days!   :laughing7:
haha nice story.

Okay so yes I have the sixth sense, and yes I have a choice if I wish to be a shaman or not but no I do not want to be one and no I don't have to be one. And yes I still have the sixth sense regardless if I choose to be one or not. I shouldn't call it "the sixth sense" but rather "a sixth sense." Okay let me share my little short story. I was sleeping over at an elder's house in the basement when I felt as though someone was staring at me. You know how we're sleeping and if someone stands close to us we kinda feel their presence? or maybe it's just me. So yeah I open my eyes and I don't see anything, and I know I can't see spirits so I was like hmm that's odd no one's there. But I felt very uncomfortable and knew that whatever it was, it wasn't happy that I was there. So I ran upstairs and slept in the living room.

The next morning I woke up and asked my mom if she knew anything about the home. I told her I swear I felt some kind of spiritual presence, something was definitely there, and I felt cold and afraid. She later asked around and learned that the elder's wife died in his home, in the basement. That was the one experience of many I confirmed I had a sixth sense.

LeLaaay

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 12:08:17 PM »
haha nice story.

Okay so yes I have the sixth sense, and yes I have a choice if I wish to be a shaman or not but no I do not want to be one and no I don't have to be one. And yes I still have the sixth sense regardless if I choose to be one or not. I shouldn't call it "the sixth sense" but rather "a sixth sense." Okay let me share my little short story. I was sleeping over at an elder's house in the basement when I felt as though someone was staring at me. You know how we're sleeping and if someone stands close to us we kinda feel their presence? or maybe it's just me. So yeah I open my eyes and I don't see anything, and I know I can't see spirits so I was like hmm that's odd no one's there. But I felt very uncomfortable and knew that whatever it was, it wasn't happy that I was there. So I ran upstairs and slept in the living room.

The next morning I woke up and asked my mom if she knew anything about the home. I told her I swear I felt some kind of spiritual presence, something was definitely there, and I felt cold and afraid. She later asked around and learned that the elder's wife died in his home, in the basement. That was the one experience of many I confirmed I had a sixth sense.
I have that feeling too. I can sense almost any place if someone died in there or not.. my sister has a stronger feeling. The stories i hear from her freaks the shiet out of me and she's dumb like those american movies where if you hear or see something moving.. she'll go chase or find it. ahahaha

Jena

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »
Spooky!!

moo_cow

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »
jazz - Heres a nice one for ya!...  ^-^  U know in the mid 80's there was a "queer" trend of Hmong men in Ban Vinai who started wearing red nail polish.  ... It supposedly had to do w/ a 'horny' female ghost spirit who would come around to "tsuam" and do "other stuff"  to any guy who was unmarried. .... So all the single guys had to paint their nails in order to fool the ghost that they were "girls" too so she wouldn't come around to bother them..... then they would hang up signs on their doors sayin something like "only old women, a dog and a cat lives here" ... believing this would also ward off the ghost! lols  >:D

I heard of this one from the folks who lived there during those days!   :laughing7:

lol that's halarious omg!!

moo_cow

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 12:59:08 PM »
haha nice story.

that just gave me the goosebumps T_T

moo_cow

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 01:02:40 PM »
ok ok let's see...

My aunt who lives with her husband and his family they have a guest room. One night my parents went over to visit them and they slept over. It was said that the grandparents both died in that room but they still give it out as a guest room. creepy! Anyways, so it goes on my mom was sleeping that night. And there was a knock on the window. She looked out and an old lady was standing outside telling her to get out of that room. My mom was so terrified she couldn't sleep. She tried to go to sleep but the room got so cold and chilly. She couldn't sleep all night, but my parents never went over to sleep at my aunt's house anymore either.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 11:58:58 AM »
Have anyone ever seen/experience poj ntxoog story in the US?

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:10:40 AM »
Ok.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Retribution

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 03:48:53 PM »
Yes.
Can you share your story with us?

Mark D

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »
haha nice story.

Same exact thing happened to me...when someone slipped some acid in my drink.  ;)

Retribution

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 04:23:36 PM »
Same exact thing happened to me...when someone slipped some acid in my drink.  ;)
lol

JACK_25

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 05:20:42 PM »
My father told us about a spooky incident that happened to hi when he served in the military back in Laos. They were being mortared by the NVAs (North Vietnamese Army) and so they ran back to a better defensible area. It was already dark when they are started to dig their foxholes and took turn guarding in case the NVAs followed them. After his guard hours were up, we immediately went to sleep. During his sleep, he kept having this reoccurring nightmare. In the nightmare, he was stuck in between two houses, there was an old man in the left house and an old lady in the right house. They kept yelling and cursing for him to leave because they didn't want any visitors. They didn't physically harmed him but they looked threatening. When he woke up in the early morning and there was enough sunlight to see all around....to his horror, he found out that he actually dug his foxhole right in between two graves! (In Laos & Thailand, Hmong tend to cover the dead with a mounds of dirt covered by stones or logs. After a while, vegetations grow on it and in the dark it's hard to see if it's man made or not).

Trojan

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 09:39:03 PM »
the story and practice behind hmong funerals has always gave me goose bumbs.

Advertisements