Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1581166 times)

population1

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #3555 on: July 12, 2012, 03:06:40 AM »
Bread and tomato sauce?  Brilliant!

wrong. bread and tomato sauce is bravo! not brilliant. brilliant is northern usage, like say european. straight up american is awesome. but, the first ingredient and methods to make bread was adopted from Asia from all those rice cakes, and noodle making was also adopted, at the same time. sad to see many 'mid-upper class' have no bonds to roots.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Republic

« Reply #3556 on: July 12, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »
Hey hey no idea what you 2 are going on about, but MORE STORIES PLX

I think population is trying to insult me but he's not that bright.  So his attempts to sound profound are just coming off as unintelligible mixed metaphors; thus, the origins of bread...LOL!  I have no clue where that is going.   :2funny:

Anyways, back to the ghost stories.

Hunting Ghost

A few years ago, a few of my mom's cousins came into town to go hunting with my dad and an uncle.  Deer hunting was really good the previous year, so when my dad shared the tales with my mom's cousins, they all got really excited and wanted to go.  Three of them ended up visiting.  The plan was to spend an entire week hunting and camping.  Everyone was really excited about it.  Unfortunately, my brothers and I were working and could not get the vacation time to go with the older fellas. 

Something weird happened though.  Three days into the trip, they all came home.  They didn't come home empty handed though.  So my uncle called us to go over for dinner that night.  They had plenty of deer meat and wanted to share.  We had a great time at the impromptu gathering at my uncle's house.  However, my brothers and I were curious:  Why did they come home so soon?

One of my mom's cousin told us this story.  Prior to coming down for the trip, he purchased a really nice GPS along with brand new batteries and spare batteries for his backpack.  Since he didn't know those woods, he did not want to get lost.  He said on the first day, everything was fine.  But on the second day, as he was wandering looking for game, he felt like something was watching him.  He said he would hear footsteps but when he looked behind him, there was no one.  All afternoon this was happening to him.  As the day wound down and he made his rendevous with the other men, it stopped.  He told the others about but his brothers just teased him.  They made camp and went to bed without any incident.

The next day, my mom's cousin was on his own again.  He wasn't hearing the footsteps anymore but he still felt uncomfortable.  He decided to stop wandering and find a spot to settle into.  He came to a small hill with trees that looked promising.  So he made his way to the big tree at the top of the hill.  Suddenly he heard moaning, almost like a woman moaning.  He looked and he said he saw a swirl of wind like a mini-tornado coming him.  As weird as it seemed, he said the moaning was coming from that wind.  It was working its way up the hill right for him.  My mom's cousin was scared witless.  He closed his eyes and could feel the dried leaves and debris swirl up and around him.  The moaning seemed to be right in his ear.  Then suddenly, the wind swirl vanished and it was silent.  The poor guy said his heart was pounding and he was panting trying to catch his breath he was so scared. 

He was no longer in any mood to hunt.  He decided to follow his GPS back to the camp and just wait there for the men there.  The weird part is his GPS was now dead.  It made no sense.  He shook the GPS, thumped it with his fist...nothing .  He removed those batteries and got the spares from his backpack.  Those were dead too!  Then he reached for his walkie-talkie and tried to reach my dad and the other men.  Yep, those batteries were drained also!

Luckily, he was able to retrace his steps and find his way back to camp.  Several hours later, the other men started to arrive.  When they saw him, they were relieved because they had been unable to speak with him all day long on the walkie.  He explained why and insisted that they go home.  Since they got a couple of nice sized deer that day, they reluctantly agreed.  My uncle said he thought his cousin had run into a "phim nyuaj vais." 

Republic

Re: Hmong Ghost Stories
« Reply #3557 on: July 12, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »
Phim Nyuaj Vais

I am not sure how you spell it since it is a Laotian word and not Hmong.  However, most Hmong know what this is.  Supposedly, at certain places within a jungle or a forest, there is a spirit or many spirits that have marked their territory.  Anyone or anything that comes into that territory can be subject to an attack.  In Laos, these encounters seemed to be very common.

After my mom's cousin's encounter during a hunting trip, my uncle shared a story with us.  He said that as a boy, he encountered a phim nyuaj vais with his dad.  He said in those days, his dad own several kinds of farm animals which were placed on some property owned by his grandfather.  He said there were chickens, pigs, goats, and water buffalo all kind of in the same area.  One day, a couple of his dad's goats turned up dead.  It was very odd though because the goats just died and we're eaten.  I made a comment about chuppacabra but he just gave me a funny look.

Anyways, my uncle and his dad decided to go keep watch over the animals for a few nights to see if they could catch whatever was messing with the animals.  My uncle said where the animals were, there was a tall hill where his grandfather had built a small hut.  It was several hundred yards from the main home and provided shelter and rest if they were tending to the gardens or the animals. 

When my uncle and his dad arrived, day was waning.  They had a nice supply of wood nearby so they started a fire and cooked some food before settling in.  All was quiet until night came.  Once the sun had completely set, it started to get cold, then windy.  My uncle said at first it didn't seem like anything.  The wind picked up quite a bit.  Then suddenly there were strange sounds like a woman crying or moaning mixed with the sound of the wind.  Then there came knocks and pounding on the wooden door and walls.  The wind got so strong it felt like the roof might blow right off!  My uncle said he was so scared he started to cry.  He said his dad however was hard-core.  He just shrugged and sat by the fire to wait it out. 

All night long the wind whipped at the tiny hut.  Loud shrieks and pounding accompanied it.  Neither one of them slept all night.  In the morning they dashed straight home and told the grandpa.  The grandpa went out later that day and did some sort of ritual to appease the phim nyuaj vais.  Apparently it worked because the goats stopped dying and they never experienced anything like that at the little hut again.

sahara

« Reply #3558 on: July 12, 2012, 05:53:06 PM »
Republic, thanks for sharing your many ghost stories.  Keep them coming.

Republic

« Reply #3559 on: July 13, 2012, 12:13:00 AM »
Republic, thanks for sharing your many ghost stories.  Keep them coming.

No problem Sahara, you are very welcome!

Haunted Rental House

My wife just reminded me of this story I can share.  I have a cousin who is a little older than I am.  His wife and my wife get along wonderfully so when this happend she called my wife up right away to tell her about it. 

A couple of years ago, my cousin and his wife moved into a rental home in St. Paul with their two children.  The home was nothing unique.  It was just a typical Minnesota 3 bedroom house.  The rent was cheap and the location was good for my cousin's work.  It turned out, they wouldn't be living there long at all.

For the first few days things were quiet.  Then they would see shadows and hear voices.  Sometimes, the voices sounded like children giggling.  At the time, their daughter was a toddler and just learning to talk and run around.  One day when my cousin had gone to work, his wife was with the kids in the living room.  She was working on something.  Suddenly the little girl ran to her crying.  She was turned and pointed to an empty corner bawling, "Mow-mow, mow-mow."  This definitely creeped my cousin's wife out.  Later that day, she told my cousin who just laughed it off.

Soon after that incident, they noticed that the garage door would always be open when they got home.  It didn't matter if they drove to Wisconsin to visit family for the weekend or if they just ran down to the local Rainbow grocery for an hour.  When they got back, the garage door was open.  My cousin called the landlord about it since he was concerned the garage door opener was on the same frequency as a neighbor's.  The landlord did something to reset the openers but they still had the same issue.  My cousin began manually locking the garage door with the slide-lever mechanism.  It worked for a few days, then the stupid garage door would be open again.

The final straw came on another work day.  My cousin was at work.  His wife was with the kids.  After a busy morning, she put the kids to nap.  She decided to nap herself.  After closing her eyes for a few minutes the kids started to cry.  Then the kids ran down the hall and into her room.  They were hysterical about something.  She couldn't make out what they were saying so she just tried to calm them down.  Eventually they settled down enough to sleep on her bed.  At some point, she fell asleep too. 

Then the creepiest part came about an hour or two later.  My cousin's wife was stirred awake by voices.  She couldn't make out what they were saying.  But they were laughing.  She said it sounded like a father was playing with her daughter.  She said she could here a ball bouncing in the hallway.  She felt to her side and sure enough both her kids were next to her.  She glanced at the clock and my cousin was still at work.  My cousin's wife closed her eyes again pretending to be asleep, although by this time she was petrified with fear!  Suddenly, she heard the bedroom door creak wide open as the sound of a ball bounced into the bedroom.  She said she felt the weight of a ball land at the foot of the bed.  Suddenly, the full weight of a small child jumped onto the bed.  The ghost child landed squarely on my cousin's wife's legs!  She yelped loudly in pain and fear.  When my wife told me this part I laughed.  The ghost child must have been scared too because my cousin's wife heard little footsteps quickly run out of the bedroom!

When my cousin got home, his wife was bawling!  She was terrified of what was in the house.  And she was pissed at him for not taking it seriously.  LOL!  Within a few days, they moved out. 

This story made me think of the movie the Others.  In that movie, the ghosts didn't know they were ghosts and in fact, the ghosts couldn't even see the living people who were living in their house!  I wonder if it was like that for the ghost child and her ghostly father?

Republic

« Reply #3560 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:58 AM »
Haunted Gardens in Eau Claire

I have a lot of family in Eau Claire, WI, and every single one of them LOVE to garden.  Apparently, there is this plot of land where the Hmong people used to all go garden.  When we were kids and we visited Eau Claire, they would take my parents out to the gardens all the time to pick veggies.  After they told my parents it was haunted and no one ever stayed past sundown, my mom would make sure my dad was always close by.   ;D  Chicken. 

Anyways, the story is that a white couple committed suicide together in the woods adjacent to the garden.  Apparently, the couple was teenagers whose parents did not approve.  So instead of toughing it out, they hung themselves from a tree.  I guess it's not just Hmong lovers who do dumb stuff.  But I digress. 

The Hmong people said that often times, they would see two people frolicking in the grass right by the edge of the woods.  Once you drove up, the people would vanish into the woods.  Every so often people would see vapory mists or shadows and even hear voices. 

The creepiest thing happened to my hard-core uncle.  Everyone has an uncle or a cousin like my uncle.  He's seen everything.  He's done everything.  So nothing phases him.  Well, one day he went out to garden by himself.  It was supposed to storm that day so when he got out there, no one was there except for a Hmong lady and her daughter.  The mother and daughter were leaving though by the time my uncle got there.  My uncle worked through the morning since the rain held off.  Around noon, he sat down to have some lunch.  He said he was eating a bag of potato chips.  When he set it down, he reached for his Gatorade.  As he took a sip of Gatorade, he looked down and saw a black snake slither right into his bag of chips!  My uncle stood up and stepped back a bit.  He waited but the snake didn't come out of the bag.  He reached down and the bag had no snake in it, just the rest of his chips.  He took that as a sign that it was time to go home. 

My uncle gathered up his gear and loaded up his truck.  Just as he started his engine, the rain started.  He said it didn't just rain, it poured hard!  He slowly started to drive away.  He reached the gravel road which was starting to get muddy and began to drive towards the paved road.  After driving about a hundred yards on the gravel road, he saw an old hmong woman sitting on the side of the road.  He said she was wearing Hmong clothes and just sitting on the grass facing away from the road.  Immediately, he stopped his truck to help her thinking it was a lady who just got caught in the rain.  He stepped out of his truck and sure enough, there was no one there.  The old woman who had been sitting there just vanished into thin air.  This managed to creep my uncle out a little. 

When he got home he told my aunt.  She got really scared.  She told him that an old Hmong woman who had been sick for a few days had just died that morning. 

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:39:05 AM by Republic »

population1

« Reply #3561 on: July 13, 2012, 02:30:56 AM »
I think population is trying to insult me but he's not that bright.  So his attempts to sound profound are just coming off as unintelligible mixed metaphors; thus, the origins of bread...LOL!  I have no clue where that is going.   :2funny:

it was a simple notion of your 'fortune cookie; referencing, and I see you fiend ignorance. how you ever thought of that idea to begin with, tells me you were greatly offended from my post about one of your stories, which I don't see how one would get so easily offended with such a little remark. if insulting you is what you think I am doing, you haven't seen any of it, yet. but, don't worry, I am not one like most of you hmongs who sets off on the defense at the start of any/everything and who gets off repulsively at petty things such as slight criticism and or small remarks. at least use some professionalis m when you've got some education.

anyway, there's no point of me having to explain that. it's no use, but I prefer you to type out your ghost stories.  :2funny:

population1

« Reply #3562 on: July 13, 2012, 02:44:28 AM »
Hey hey no idea what you 2 are going on about, but MORE STORIES PLX

yea, I know. exactly. I've figured republic is got a case of the big serious.

SillieGoose

« Reply #3563 on: July 13, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »
Ohyo I have something weird to relate to this well not really but somewhat yes. I used to have dreams about demons and how they were imprisoned until like thousands of years later and that it was up to every new generation (idk why it's got to be hmong ppl or ppl with power) who awakens with their power(idk how to phrase) to raise and imprison them again. I've been dreaming these for a long time now since i was 11 or 12 around there. In my dreams the demons wreck havoc and kill the human soul by eating them. But most where stopped by the ......... (have no idea how to phrase them) they glow in a way but other than them the regular ppl just run and run and run nowhere to hide. I know weird dreams might just be my imagination, I'm still dreaming them and they change but lately I haven't had a dream in a while 2 so yep. Sort of relates but not really.
I've been a guest for 2 years now and had created an account a while back, but never activated it.  After reading about your dream I couldn't resist but want to respond. 

It's interesting that it's been brought up on this thread twice now.  First, the Hmong youth rising up and practicing and then the dream of demons being locked up with glowing something to stop them only when they get out of prison.

It's sounds truly frightening and unbelievable and I'm trying to put the pieces together.  As of late I've had this feeling that something is wrong, very wrong because I can't seem to understand why so many Hmong youth, and yes they are young, are being awaken with their power as you say.  Yes, they do emit a glowing light.  I believe you are referring to them when you refer to the glowing.

There is a story about how Hmong was created and have lost our true ways.  The story could be the link to why Hmong youth are being awaken with their powers.  I can't seem to piece it together. 

I apologize if I don't make any sense.

SillieGoose

« Reply #3564 on: July 13, 2012, 09:43:11 AM »
I woke up at 3 a.m. and can't sleep, so I finished off reading the rest of forum.  There are some really great stories with great story tellers.

No one, as far I can remember, has out right stated that ghosts really exist.  That there is a spiritual world out there and that there is life after death.  I have to admit I'm a seeker, but not willingly.  It's almost like I'm drawn towards it and there is this sense of fascination.  Some of us are born with the ability to sense this other world more in different ways.  I struggle with it, because isn't life hard enough as it is?  Now I have to worry about the spiritual world too?  But once you become aware how do you turn back?  How can you just shrug it off?  And then to learn that there are real demons too.  For some reason, ghosts don't scare me like the way demons do.  Demons are powerful.  Anyways, just venting some of my frustration and inner struggles.

Since you read that I owe you a first hand story:

When I was 21, 9 years ago, my family and I learned that my father was at his last stage of cancer and the doctors at Kaiser refused to treat him.  They gave him his death date and my poor father waited for that day to come.  When the death day came and went, he felt relief and hope again.  My mother, in the mean time, was flying all over where ever she heard that there was a spiritual healer who could possibly help.  It didn't matter if they were Hmong.  She would go and beg, pay any amount they ask, and do whatever they asked of her thinking she could somehow save her husband. 

I had no idea she was doing this.  My father was also physically being treated by a home hospice nurse and his Caucasian co-workers would occassionally stop by to pray for him and sing Christian songs for him.  At that time I didn't believe in the spiritual world nor did I think much about it even though I had witness things before.  I did wonder why my father would allow his Christian friends to come over to pray and sing at his bedside when he was far from a Christian. 

One day he pulled me aside and try to explain to me that there was a spiritual world and the physical world.  He was trying to heal himself in both worlds.  Not understanding what he was saying, I nodded my head and said okay.

Then one day, my father's pain became unbearable.  The ambulance came and picked him up and he was taken to the hospital.   No one was home, except for my grandpa and grandma on my mom's side and myself.  I wasn't close to them because they lived so far away and we hardly ever saw them. 

I remember this clearly, because the first thought that ran through my mind was, "How strange is that?".  My grandparents were in the living room which is way up in front of the house and I was in back of the house in the last bedroom straight down the long, dark, narrow hallway.  I absolutely hate long hallways. 

I was folding a blanket in the bedroom with the door wide open, starring straight out into the hallway when I saw two white figures, one after another, exiting my father's room.  They were 10 feet away from me.  They did not look at me, but exited his room jumping up and down.  Believe me, I did not have time to be scared.  It happened so fast.  It took me a  minute to register what I had witnessed and then ask myself, "What do I do now and why where they jumping?"

I waited a few minutes in the room, what seemed like an eternity, to ensure that the two figures were gone from the hallway.  This was when I remembered to be scared.  No chance in hell was I going to pass them up in the hallway.  As soon as I felt they were gone, I ran down the hallway into the living room to quietly sit with my grandparents.  I didn't breathe a word, but sat there on the sofa silently thanking them for being there. 

Later on that night, my mother called me to join her at the hospital where my father had to sleep over.  I brought a sleeping bag to sleep on the hard, cold hospital floor.  Before I knocked out, I told my mother I saw something strange at our home.  I explained the two white figures and demonstrated their movements of jumping.  She looked at me and said, "It's true.  The spirits really did come home with me."  She then explained that she had gone to go see a healer who had told her his spiritual healers will go home with her.  The jumping movements I witnessed was them doing neeg.   

My father didn't make it despite all the healing.  When it's your time to go, I guess there isn't anything anyone can do to stop it.  Even my father himself, who willed himself to live and did not want to pass to the other side, couldn't prevent it.  He worried about leaving my mother alone and his children who would be without a father to lookout for them.  He did not want us to suffer the way he did growing up without parents.

More to come on my father and his afterlife..... .............. .so when people tell me there is no such things as ghosts nor an afterlife, I know it to be different.

SillieGoose

« Reply #3565 on: July 13, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »
My father passed away in December, right before the Fresno Hmong New Year.  We lived in the bay area, but my father's relatives lived in Fresno.  Plus, my father wanted to be buried in Fresno where the Belmont cemetery is. 

My family and I drove down to Fresno to meet with the relatives about coordinating my father's funeral, so we ended up sleeping at one of my aunt's house right on Dakota and Maple.  My eldest brother and his wife owned a green Integra, which they parked right in front of the house on the street. 

The next morning, when we woke up, the Integra was gone!  So was all my father's important documents (life insurance, death certificate, social security card, you name it).  My brother did not think to bring them in.  He had put them all in his black backpack and thrown it to the backseat.  My mother was freakin' pissed!  She was so mad she went crazy for 2 split minutes.  She started rolling on the ground!  Can you imagine a full adult laying down and just rolling back and forth like a child?  I didn't know what to do, so I just followed her around trying to tell her it would be okay.  She must have gone in and out of the house like 5 times to the front yard and back in again when she decided to go outside towards the street and start screaming.  It was early in the morning too. 

My Hmong isn't that great, but I could understand she was screaming at my father.  She was screaming at him to see how after he had left her, this is what her life had come to.  Everything was lost and that if he really cared about her and the children, he would go find that car by this afternoon and get those documents back.  By this time, I was freaked out.  I had never seen my mother like this nor knew you could talk to the dead that way. 

After my mother's ranting, she went into the house and immediately phoned her father, who also immediately came over and did some sort of ritual.  A call was also made by my brother to report his stolen vehicle.

We waited in town to see if we would get a call back from the police about the stolen vehicle by the afternoon as my mother had instructed my father.  Nothing, nothing at all.  Defeated, my mother and us went back home that night.

A week passed and my mother had somewhat calmed down.  Everyone kept waiting for the call from the Fresno PD.  We had really given up hope.  We were thinking about plan B already, in trying to obtain another death certificate and what not, maybe hire a lawyer...who knows, but then the call from Fresno PD finally came.  And it pissed us all off even more.

Turned out, Fresno PD located the vehicle that same afternoon we reported it.  They just didn't bother to call until a week later.  We contacted the yard that was holding the vehicle and asked about the condition of the vehicle.  They said it was stripped inside completely.  There was nothing left.  How depressing right?

When we got to the yard, my mother ran towards the vehicle and looked in the backseat.  This was where my brother last left his backpack.  Nothing there.  She almost broke down into tears.  But then when we opened up the trunk of the vehicle my mother's breath caught.  There it was!  The backpack had been thrown into the trunk!

My mother grabbed it and immediately opened it.  Everything was there.  No documents missing!  It was as though it had never been touched.

Unbelievable!  How could that possibly be?  How could these car-jackers strip the inside of the vehicle but toss the backpack into the trunk?   Why would they even bother?  Why not toss out the backpack or burn it or whatever?  Was it a coincidence?  The vehicle having been found by afternoon and backpack intact in the vehicle?  My guts told me no, but then what does that mean?  Did my father have a hand in it?  No way!  So hard to believe and there's no such things as ghosts or an afterlife right? 

There's more to come about my father....

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:36:00 AM by SillieGoose »

SillieGoose

« Reply #3566 on: July 13, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
After the backpack incident, my family and I returned home until time for my father's funeral.  During the waiting period, I folded so much paper money, which I have never done before, that even now when I think I've forgotten, my hands automatically know the routine. 

It's New Years Eve now.  My family and I are back at my aunt's place where the Integra was stolen.  This time my father's brand new Honda Accord was parked in the same exact spot as the Integra.  It was parked right in front of the house on the street to where if I looked through their gigantic front window it would be straight in my view.

He loved his Accord and would spend hours cleaning his leather seats until they shined.  We were not allowed to roll down the windows nor eat in his car.  He loved it that much.  But then he treated everything that was his with love and care because he cherished all he had.

That night it was rainy and of course with New Years Eve that means lots of fireworks including guns going off.  One of my brother's girlfriend and cousin's girlfriend needed a ride home.  Brother and cousin drunk to much, so I ended up taking them both home in my father's Accord.

I parked the vehicle in the same exact spot again after dropping off the girls and went inside the house.  On my way back I noticed around the corner that there were some Asian fellows out loitering.  It was probably 1:00 a.m. or even earlier, so I remember about the Integra being stolen and reminded my brothers and male cousins who were still up drinking to keep an eye out on their own vehicles. 

They responded back that I keep an eye out on their vehicles instead.  There was no way I was going outside in the dark alone to go look at their multiple vehicles, so I went to go lie down next to my girl cousins who were all sleeping on the living room floor already.  There was a spot saved for me which was in the middle.  LOL!  Yep, the middle.

I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about those stupid vehicles outside, so to clear my conscious I decided I'll peek through the gigantic front window.  Bad idea right?  I was pretty much the only one awake in the dark living room and the guys were off in the kitchen doing their thing. 

I mustered up enough courage to slightly pull the curtains back but could only view my father's vehicle.  I couldn't see the rest of the vehicles that were off to the side on the driveway.  I had a side view of his Accord and I could see clearly into it.  And this time I stared without blinking for a long time until I felt the fear settling into my bones.  Only then did I let the curtains drop back into place and go to sleep.

What I saw when I pulled the curtains back on the driver's side of the Accord was my father.  He was sitting there with his arms stretch straight out with his hands holding onto the steering wheel.  The back of his head rested on the head rest with his chin tilted up.  This was his famous pose of when he is stressed out.  It wasn't a shadow, it was clearly him.  It is why I stared so long. 

If you ever lost someone dearly, and you had the chance to see them again, you would stare too.  He never once turned towards me but looked straight ahead. 

Even though I loved and missed him, I started thinking this person had passed.  How can they visibly be there?  I feared what I couldn't understand.         

I didn't say anything to anyone the next morning or the day after.  I didn't speak of it until sometime after the funeral.

I only spoke of it when my mother mentioned she had  a dream of him that same exact night.  He had come to her to complain about his vehicle and to ask why it was so dirty.  Only then did I tell her I saw him in his vehicle that same night she had her dream of him.

Coincidence again?  You tell me.

SillieGoose

« Reply #3567 on: July 13, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »
Right after the funeral, my husband and I headed back home to the bay area.  The rest of my family would stay behind until the following day. 

By the time we reached home, it was dark.  Entering the house gave me the creeps knowing that no one had been there for 2 weeks and we had just had a family member that passed away.  As soon as we entered, the first thing my husband did was flop down on the sofa and fall right to sleep.  We didn't unpack or anything because we were so tired, but I couldn't fall asleep.  For some reason I was scared and I couldn't stop being scared. 

I sat next to him on the edge of the sofa and turned on the TV as loud as it would go.  There really wasn't anything to drown out.  Maybe I was trying to drown out my own fear, or maybe it was that the house was too quiet and I was afraid I would hear something.  As I sat there, not even for 5 minutes, a series of things went wrong.

First, I heard the side garage door open and then slam shut super hard to where it vibrated the whole house.  Then I heard our pitbull, Bruce, start barking his head off in the backyard.  The whole entire time Bruce was barking, I thought to myself, I'm imagining it all and it's not really happening.  I should just ignore it and forget about it.  Shake it off.

I looked down at my husband and he was fast asleep.  Apparently, he didn't hear or feel anything; not even the dog barking right now. 

Then I thought to myself,"Okay, whatever caused that ruckus is outside of the house right now.  But what if it comes back in?  How do I handle that?"

I wouldn't be able to handle it.  So I roughly woke my husband up, told him we are leaving right now, no questions asked, to my sister's place who lives in a nearby city with her family.  So I'm pushing him out the front door, while getting on the phone and praying my sister will still pick up at this late hour and she did.  Whew!  Locked the door behind me, quickly got in the car and sped off. 

I didn't say anything to my husband or sister.  I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.  My father's usual routine right when he gets home always is to go outside to the backyard to feed his chickens through the side garage door.  The side garage door needs a lot of force to open and close, and you can hear when someone uses that door no matter which part of the house you may be in because it does cause the whole house to vibrate when it has to be slammed shut. 

As for the dog, my youngest brother who continued to live in the house after I had moved out, had one day absently mentioned that the dog sometimes act weird.  The dog is let loose in the backyard and is fenced in. Sometimes when my brother is looking through the sliding glass door to the backyard, he would see the dog act like he is following someone invisible around.  Now my father and that dog had a close relationship.

So here I am putting the pieces together.  Does my father really still live on but not visible to us? 

spring

« Reply #3568 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »
SillieGoose, I too believe in it too.

SillieGoose

« Reply #3569 on: July 13, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »
Not long after the funeral, I moved back with my husband to Fresno.  My mother-in-law (MIL) wanted to go visit a Hmong lady in Visalia who practice in some kind of spiritual art.  I am not sure if it was Shamanism, but when we got there, this lady spoke freely of the spiritual world. 

I went with my MIL as a partner because she was recently divorced and trying to lead a single life, but not quite used to being by herself.  So anyways, this lady is doing some sort of ritual for my MIL, and I'm just standing around with nothing to do.  I ended up having a conversation with her young son, who was also bored.  They didn't have a TV or any computers. 

When the ritual was done, the lady started to cook lunch for us.  She casually talked about herself not ever wanting to eat the food the has been offered to the dead, not that you can't, but that she would never herself.  She says once they eat it, their saliva which is gooey is all over the food.  I was like, "Oh, okay".  Again, not really giving her my full attention.

Then she starts talking about my father.  Okay, first she doesn't know anything about me.  She starts saying, "Oh honey, your father hasn't left yet.  He doesn't want to.  He is still outside everyday crying". 

"Excuse me?" I say as I look at her.

But she didn't repeat herself.  Instead she smiled at me and went off on another topic.  She was a very chatty lady.

It bugged.  It bugged me so much, but what do I do?  So is she saying my father really is still in the house and refusing to leave?  Why did he show himself to me and why cause so much ruckus?  Is it because he wants me to know he is still around? 

This lady really woke me up.  I will never forget what she said to me because she, unknowingly to me at the time, changed me.  She started to make me worry for my father who was in the afterlife and refusing to go wherever he was suppose to go.  I started thinking how could I get him to go?  I don't want him to be sad and crying. 

Of course, I couldn't make him go.  He eventually went, but only because he was so sad and disappointed in my mother that he left.  He went to one of my uncles in his dream and told him he can no longer wait for my mother; that he is leaving because my mother had failed him.  You see, they had promised to be together forever and that my mother was not to re-marry. 

However, he didn't completely disappear.  He would still occassionally come back and visit.   

Advertisements