Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1581524 times)

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Ghost Stories
« Reply #3930 on: December 05, 2014, 10:43:26 AM »
I have a story to tell but its going to be long. I will write it later.

Like this post: 0
"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Adverstisement

2x

« Reply #3931 on: December 05, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »
[deleted]

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:50:56 AM by 2x »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: December 06, 2014, 05:31:48 AM »
So, 2x, what did your grandpa say to you in the dream after he has died already?

I am surprised all those noises you made did not wake the cousins up.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

2x

« Reply #3933 on: December 09, 2014, 10:58:43 AM »
[deleted]

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:51:44 AM by 2x »

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: December 09, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »
So I'm not sure if anyone has kids here but I have a little son who has lost his tooth yet. He is 18 months and he has a mind of his own. The scary thing that he happens to do a lot his wake up in the middle of the night crying. Sometimes he would wake up and crawl over you and just go pull things off the desk and then come running back to you like something is there. This one night, my wife said he was really scared of something in the room because when she brings him in the room he would squeeze her tightly. I'm not scared or anything because I feel like I'm never bothered but my wife and son are afraid of something in the room. Our room has 3 doors, the first door is the main door to get into the bedroom. The second door leads to a closet that leads to the attic. The third door leads to another room where all these electric cords and filters are. These two doors are blocked off so my son wouldn't be able to open the door to them. What my wife has been telling me is that there seems to be someone or something in the room. I usually stay awake until 1am to 2am and I don't feel anything or see anything.

What are your guy's thoughts...Hav e anyone encounter this before?

2x

« Reply #3935 on: December 09, 2014, 01:39:10 PM »
So I'm not sure if anyone has kids here but I have a little son who has lost his tooth yet. He is 18 months and he has a mind of his own. The scary thing that he happens to do a lot his wake up in the middle of the night crying. Sometimes he would wake up and crawl over you and just go pull things off the desk and then come running back to you like something is there. This one night, my wife said he was really scared of something in the room because when she brings him in the room he would squeeze her tightly. I'm not scared or anything because I feel like I'm never bothered but my wife and son are afraid of something in the room. Our room has 3 doors, the first door is the main door to get into the bedroom. The second door leads to a closet that leads to the attic. The third door leads to another room where all these electric cords and filters are. These two doors are blocked off so my son wouldn't be able to open the door to them. What my wife has been telling me is that there seems to be someone or something in the room. I usually stay awake until 1am to 2am and I don't feel anything or see anything.

What are your guy's thoughts...Hav e anyone encounter this before?

I don't have any kids yet, but I often babysit my little nephew whenever I came back home or visits my cousin. My nephew, 13 months old and still enjoying his baby youth, would sometimes, whenever I babysit him, look up then slide his eyes down, laugh and would check the door, I'm guessing to see if it opens or not. One time, my cousin need me to babysit their son meanwhile they're off to a party. I played with him, hide and seek and all, cooked, we ate, and I put him off to bed. I completely made sure he was asleep and then took a shower. When I came out, I was mind blinked to hearing his laughter in the living room. He was jumping on the ground(slight small jumps), stared at the couch, and continued on laughing. I wasn't freaked out or anything, I've seen worst, so I jumped and sat on the couch where he was staring at and nothing happens. So i carry him to the bedroom and totally made sure he fall asleep. My cousins came back home, told what happens, and this is the reply I got. "Oh that? don't worry about the ghost, aunty(shaman) says he won't harm my son. He just wants visit his friend(in the past live) before he goes reborn."

Now my encounter is probably wayyy different from yours. Don't overreact that it may be a ghost because of my encounter. My cousin got paranoid after, I'm guessing that my nephew has done it a lot of times, that she went to check with our aunty who's a shaman who knows how to "look"; "saib" and i'm guessing that's what they got. I'm not expressing any religious means or anything, I'm just explaining how my cousin handled hers.

I'm not sure about your encounter/your wife's, if anything had causes your son any harms?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:53:17 PM by 2x »

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: December 09, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »
Yeah, the year before I married my wife she had encounter a ghost actually brushing on her arm. So now she never sleeps with the lights off. We usually leave on the clock light because it has a neon glow. I, however have never been touched or even seen a ghost. I'm thinking because I don't really bother them and the don't bother me. My son is okay at times but sometimes he would be playing and talking with himself. I don't know, I love my little booger but sometimes he scares his mother too much. Hahaha. There are days and nights where he would cry non stop and days and nights where he would sleep without a problem. Sometimes I thought it was his name that he didn't like but it matches him so much though. He has two circles on his head so the OGS always say that kids with two circles are really naughty and (tsis yuav koj lus) not listen to you.

I don't have any kids yet, but I often babysit my little nephew whenever I came back home or visits my cousin. My nephew, 13 months old and still enjoying his baby youth, would sometimes, whenever I babysit him, look up then slide his eyes down, laugh and would check the door, I'm guessing to see if it opens or not. One time, my cousin need me to babysit their son meanwhile they're off to a party. I played with him, hide and seek and all, cooked, we ate, and I put him off to bed. I completely made sure he was asleep and then took a shower. When I came out, I was mind blinked to hearing his laughter in the living room. He was jumping on the ground(slight small jumps), stared at the couch, and continued on laughing. I wasn't freaked out or anything, I've seen worst, so I jumped and sat on the couch where he was staring at and nothing happens. So i carry him to the bedroom and totally made sure he fall asleep. My cousins came back home, told what happens, and this is the reply I got. "Oh that? don't worry about the ghost, aunty(shaman) says he won't harm my son. He just wants visit his friend(in the past live) before he goes reborn."

Now my encounter is probably wayyy different from yours. Don't overreact that it may be a ghost because of my encounter. My cousin got paranoid after, I'm guessing that my nephew has done it a lot of times, that she went to check with our aunty who's a shaman who knows how to "look"; "saib" and i'm guessing that's what they got. I'm not expressing any religious means or anything, I'm just explaining how my cousin handled hers.

I'm not sure about your encounter/your wife's, if anything had causes your son any harms?

2x

« Reply #3937 on: December 09, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
[deleted]

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:55:19 AM by 2x »

Petal_Rose

« Reply #3938 on: December 09, 2014, 03:42:08 PM »
I don't like sleeping with the door or closet open. I don't like house that have too many sections and I can't see those little dark corners. I have a story to tell (true fact).

During a funeral that my sister attended. The night before the funeral open. Her and a few of the ladies went to make preparation of the funeral home. Get it ready for tomorrow. There were probably 5 of them in the funeral home. They were cleaning and all suddenly, they heard this woman laughing. It was coming from a room. There was no one there during that time. It was just them. The woman was laughing hysterically. They got really scared and left the funeral home.

Can anyone explain this?

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: December 09, 2014, 08:33:01 PM »
These stories are great to read.  O0

I'd love to share mine, but I'm kinda lazy to write.  ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

2x

« Reply #3940 on: December 10, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »
Another one since I have an hour between classes.

"She's still there dad...she's still there"

A while back, my dad, our uncle, my younger sister, and two cousins(our uncle's sons), went night fishing after a little celebration for one of my aunt who got her Masters in Heath Administration at their house. After dinner, my uncle and my dad decided to go night fishing for crappies at Oxford Dam on highway 16(some says its called Lake Hickory or Catawba River) in Catawba County, North Carolina. Keep in mind, many, many people have drowned at this very place, especially Hmong people. They left after everybody packs up to go home. My little sister and two cousins decide to tag along and off they all went.

Here's a picture of the dam when it's peaceful.

(http://www.catawbacountync.gov/Planning/_images/OxfordDam.jpg)

Here's a picture of the dam when it's not...

(http://davidsonnews.net/files/2013/05/050713FLOODOxford-Dam.jpg)

They didn't tell me what time around it was, but it was dark so I would guess about 10pm-2am. They weren't there very long, but what they've seen, became a very long night. My dad, uncle, and the three kids arrived at the place and camp their gears on the rocks below the building(everybody's fishing spot). My uncles has one of these underwater LED fishing light lamp and he set it into the water and they start fishing. After a while they didn't get much so they decided to pull out the lamp and turn it off. Now they're just chatting and fishing for fun before they leave.

That's when my two cousins, who were a little further from the group, packed up and rush back to the group. "Count, count, count." "There's only 5 of us, no need to count dummy." "Then who's that 6 over there?" Everyone look and right there, on the rocks near the water, about 30-50 feet away from them, was a little girl all dressed in black, her back towards them. My sister said that she was crouching near the water, about a feet above her legs, just searching for something under the rocks. Everybody's hair stood up and wanting to leave at that moment, but my uncle said not to leave or else she will noticed and follow them. So they continued fishing like she wasn't there all at. Suddenly, with her back facing them, she slowly backing up towards them...still, with her back facing them. She starts to get closer and closer to them...slowly. ..slowly...and still searching.

My uncle shouted, "Ah fishes are not biting, maybe let's go to the other side and fish over there?!" He quietly told everyone to pack up. Then, my uncle dropped about 5 fishes they had and they all left the scene. My sister turned back to look because she's always the curious type. "She's still there dad...she's still there". "Shhh..shhh".They got into the car quietly and drove back home not saying a single word until they almost reached home. Hahaha.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:25:16 AM by 2x »

Petal_Rose

« Reply #3941 on: December 10, 2014, 11:35:58 AM »
These stories are great to read.  O0

I'd love to share mine, but I'm kinda lazy to write.  ;D

But you have time to read? lol You're funny..

2X, and they didn't even care to ask if she's lost?  ;D

2x

« Reply #3942 on: December 10, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »
But you have time to read? lol You're funny..

2X, and they didn't even care to ask if she's lost?  ;D

hahah, at midnight and no houses for a good 2-3miles away, I don't think they would want to ask her. Plus, I guess they're afraid to get an answer like, "No, I've found my place" or like a, "I want to come along with you". Personally, I'd say, she was just looking for a fishing spot. hahah

Like this post: +1

Petal_Rose

« Reply #3943 on: December 10, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »
hahah, at midnight and no houses for a good 2-3miles away, I don't think they would want to ask her. Plus, I guess they're afraid to get an answer like, "No, I've found my place" or like a, "I want to come along with you". Personally, I'd say, she was just looking for a fishing spot. hahah

Well, "coincidence doesn't happen" right? Or do they?  :o

2x

« Reply #3944 on: December 10, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »
g

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:54:46 AM by 2x »

Advertisements