Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1585805 times)

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Ghost Stories
« Reply #3960 on: April 24, 2015, 12:42:27 PM »

Like this post: 0
"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Adverstisement

Reyeol98

« Reply #3961 on: June 17, 2015, 11:09:42 AM »
Alrighty! It looks like I can add some stories to revive this thread. xD I' a new PHer but I've been reading the HGS section for a few months and finally read everything! LOL... I really like Zaj stories so I'll share an experience of mine.

So back when I was around 5-ish (around 2003), my family and I would love to go to Phalen Lake because that is where many Hmong ogs come to play volleyball, and play cards. It was a popular park for Hmong if you live I Saint Paul. There is this area where there is a big depression of hill and down that hill, there was flat area of land and a man made canal that encircles that area of flat land. Me and my bros call it the "island." Technically it was right? The island is where all the Hmong people go play volleyball and whatnot. Lol Well the lake is known by the Hmong community to have a few Zajs (I think 3). There were many drowning incidents, some including Hmong people, and the whole park was known to be haunted.

It was a usual summer day at Lake Phalen, and me and the fam were hanging out at the island. Hmong mothers were all sitting around together talking and stuff, fathers were playing volleyball, pob tawb (takraw ball), or gambling with cards lol, and then us kids would like to hang out, play some tag or whatever we can find to amuse ourselves.

Around 5-7 or so, I was getting bored so I decided to go on my own adventure. The island was pretty big do I walked to the other end where there was a roof that housed several picnic tables. On this part of the island, there isn't a lot of people around so I thought being alone would be fun. I went to the edge of the island where there were tall grasses that grow from the shore. I would catch dragon flies and make them fight each other lol. Anyway, I stopped becuae I got bored and I wanted to do something else.

My boredom led me to start picking at the tall grasses for fun. I was peeping into the water here and there, hoping to find a turtle I could watch. Then I spotted something out of the ordinary... Right near the shore under the water, was a big, fat, scaley, green lizard leg with golden colored claws. It was connect to a large, but slender body that was covered by the massive algae growing over the surface of the water. I was shocked, scared, but intrigued! I had spotted a dragon, no bs. It was no turtle nor fish. For some reason I felt like it wanted me to jump into the water and catch it. I was feeling an really big urge to jump in for some reason. But I was smart and I backed away from the shore so that I wouldn't accidently slip in but i could still see it. I tried throwing something at it so I picked at the grass and threw it in the water. I was so curious that I went to go find a rock to throw in the water, but when I came back, it was gone. There were no people around so I couldn't show it to anyone. I tried getting my older brother to come look but he was too far away.

That was a one time experience that I never told my parents about. Even today, I still wonder what was it, what was it's purpose, as why I felt like jumping in to the water. I assumed it was trying to lure me in maybe? Well too bad I stuck to my instincts haha. I am curious about learning about Zaj, so if anyone has more Zaj stories, post em!

Anyway thanks for reading my story!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:44:19 AM by Reyeol98 »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: July 12, 2015, 12:14:39 PM »
Can we change the mourning funeral tradition? It's too scary, especially if done in the woods like this one.

https://www.facebook.com/ying.vang.796/videos/527793654031794/?fref=nf

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Fresno559

« Reply #3963 on: August 12, 2015, 12:43:19 PM »
Something that happen to me...not scaring but whatever

A few years ago, when I still live with my parents, we farm at Sanger. It was about 12 almost 1 PM. After we ate me and my younger sister went to use those portable restroom. My mom told us before we left, saying that " Oh when you guys come back, were gonna be picking long green bean at the last row, so go straight to the end when you guys come back?" So we came back, me and my sisters went and got some rubber bands. I left to the end of the long green beans, like how my mom told us. I "THOUGHT" I saw my mom picking the long bean and she said " Ohhhh ua cha neyy" (I can't spell my hmong words correctly, sorry) I started laughing and almost reply back to her, but I DIDNT! I turn back to my sisters, and ask her to bring me gloves. She didn't hear me, so I went to get it myself. I told her that mom their picking bean at the end. My sister went and came back and said" No their not, no ones over their.." I was confuse like I just saw mom picking bean and then realize why would my mom be wearing all white and cover her whole head with it. I went and look, and no one was their. We went to the first row and saw my other sister and my mom. I told my mom what happen, but you know ogs, " Your lying, stop." but after we went home and couples days latter my mom believe me.

I don't know but I heard that one of my auntie was cleaning our lemon grass, and she saw these babys mouse or something all holding each other backs walking in one rows. So she told them don't mess with her, and she wont mess with them, for everyone to go freely and don't get in trouble. I ask my mom questions about it and she say if you kill one of them, they well come back and kill you and one more person (kill 1 of them, they kill 2 of us)...idk this make sense, but 5 or 4 years ago.....

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #3964 on: August 12, 2015, 12:58:51 PM »
Can we change the mourning funeral tradition? It's too scary, especially if done in the woods like this one.

http://www.facebook.com/ying.vang.796/videos/527793654031794/?fref=nf

That is super scary!!!

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3965 on: August 13, 2015, 03:39:33 PM »
pressd on the link, video came up, scrolled real quick down so i dont see the video playing but can hear it, 3sec into video X'd out of the link
this is gonna replay in my mind for a while even though its just 3sec of female crying and sum trees

**archery hunting starts this weekend for me**
so beside bears and mountain lions i have this to think about too :(

realism

« Reply #3966 on: August 13, 2015, 06:27:29 PM »
Lmao

pressd on the link, video came up, scrolled real quick down so i dont see the video playing but can hear it, 3sec into video X'd out of the link
this is gonna replay in my mind for a while even though its just 3sec of female crying and sum trees

**archery hunting starts this weekend for me**
so beside bears and mountain lions i have this to think about too :(

realism

« Reply #3967 on: August 13, 2015, 06:29:46 PM »
It will bring you the big buck!

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3968 on: August 14, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
i hope it brings me a big buck lol

Lyn Song

« Reply #3969 on: August 14, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »
Not really that scary of a story but here is something weird I experience at this one school I went to. It was 2 Summers ago that I went to this high school for summer session. The school is called Columbine Senior High School, nearing the third week of summer session there, instead of going home after school, I went to the library there to find books on some recipes I wanted to try since I love cooking and all. Usually I would just read about them and then write the recipe down to try later. I finally found one and after that went to sit in one of the desk to read about it.

About ten minutes in, for some reason I fall into a short sleep. I dreamed that I was still in the library and that the librarian had left, the room is now dark and I could hear foot steps of two individuals walking down the hallway. Instead of continuing to sit, I was afraid and crawl down under the desk to avoid being seen by these two figures. I could hear one of their voice whispering something in English, "We know you're in there and we're coming to get you." Then I heard their foot steps coming towards the library door. I also heard one of them talking to a teenage girl who I wasn't aware was also in the library. They said something about, "Do you believe in God?" to the girl. I heard she answer yes and then a gunshot was fired.

After that I was finally woke up by the librarian, she told me she is about to close the library now so she woke me up so I could leave. I told her about my dream at the same time started crying because it seem very real. She hugged me and told me I'm not the first person to had experience that same dream. Everyone who had ever came to Columbine already knew of that. I don't know what she meant by that but I know for sure I won't be day dreaming in that library ever again.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:11:52 AM by Lyn Song »

realism

« Reply #3970 on: August 15, 2015, 02:43:58 AM »
Columbine High school massacre of 99??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not really that scary of a story but here is something weird I experience at this one school I went to. It was 2 Summers ago that I went to this high school for summer session. The school is called Columbine Senior High School, nearing the third week of summer session there, instead of going home after school, I went to the library there to find books on some recipes I wanted to try since I love cooking and all. Usually I would just read about them and then write the recipe down to try later. I finally found one and after that went to sit in one of the desk to read about it.

About ten minutes in, for some reason I fall into a short sleep. I dreamed that I was still in the library and that the librarian had left, the room is now dark and I could hear foot steps of two individuals walking down the hallway. Instead of continuing to sit, I was afraid and crawl down under the desk to avoid being seen by these two figures. I could hear one of their voice whispering something in English, "We know you're in there and we're coming to get you." Then I heard their foot steps coming towards the library door. I also heard one of them talking to a teenage girl who I wasn't aware was also in the library. They said something about, "Do you believe in God?" to the girl. I heard she answer yes and then a gunshot was fired.

After that I was finally woke up by the librarian, she told me she is about to close the library now so she woke me up so I could leave. I told her about my dream at the same time started crying because it seem very real. She hugged me and told me I'm not the first person to had experience that same dream. Everyone who had ever came to Columbine already knew of that. I don't know what she meant by that but I know for sure I won't be day dreaming in that library ever again.

Like this post: +1

Lyn Song

« Reply #3971 on: August 15, 2015, 05:54:10 AM »
Columbine High school massacre of 99??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Idk but the school library had that really negative feeling to it especially when you go there by yourself. I don't know why in the dream a girl's voice could be heard and the man saying, "Do you believe in God?" I think that maybe because I'm a Christian I heard something like that. The librarian woke me the moment the gunshot was heard in that dream. I did not see or recognize any of the figures in the dream but I could tell there was definitely two guys and one teenage girl in it. Was there really a massacre at Columbine in 1999 cause that's the year I was born in Thailand?

realism

« Reply #3972 on: August 15, 2015, 03:41:33 PM »
You were in thailand in 99? Hory shet! Yes there were 2 students who killed a bunch of other students in 99. It was in the library in a school call colombine high, but if I remember correctly..it was in Colorado
 So if you live in colorado then probably yes if not then idk

Idk but the school library had that really negative feeling to it especially when you go there by yourself. I don't know why in the dream a girl's voice could be heard and the man saying, "Do you believe in God?" I think that maybe because I'm a Christian I heard something like that. The librarian woke me the moment the gunshot was heard in that dream. I did not see or recognize any of the figures in the dream but I could tell there was definitely two guys and one teenage girl in it. Was there really a massacre at Columbine in 1999 cause that's the year I was born in Thailand?

Lyn Song

« Reply #3973 on: August 15, 2015, 10:47:58 PM »
You were in thailand in 99? Hory shet! Yes there were 2 students who killed a bunch of other students in 99. It was in the library in a school call colombine high, but if I remember correctly..it was in Colorado
 So if you live in colorado then probably yes if not then idk

Hehehe... I'm only 16, if this happens in 1999 then I'm glad that it's over. I'll research the event of that time and see if I get any info about that. Luckily I did not attend school at Columbine here in Denver, it's only for that one summer. The last major shooting here in Colorado was the Dark Knight Rise theater shooting at Century 16 three years ago. I did not went to see that movie but a few of my schoolmates did and they were very sad afterwards. Since that event, there had been theater shooting elsewhere too so my parents warn me and my sister never to go see movie at theater anymore.

Jiggles

« Reply #3974 on: December 08, 2015, 08:40:32 AM »
I had one of those sleep paralysis/dab tsuam dream experiences last month. It was a little different this time because I actually felt something. It felt like a nightmare.

Husband and I were sleeping. Our bed is pushed up against the corner and I slept by the edge of the bed. I remember seeing movement by the door. It was like I was half asleep and half awake; my eyes were partially opening and closing tiredly. I could see little silhouettes swaying about by the door. At first I thought it was just the kids. Then suddenly, the silhouette was next to me, standing by my head. I could feel its presence. I couldn't move and couldn't speak. I tried to ignore it, but the feeling was too intense. So I decided to fight it. I tried very hard to move. It felt like I was tied all around my body and was trying to break loose. I must've broke free because then I felt a hand with scrawny fingers grab my wrist. I began screaming and kicking and turned 180 in bed. This was in the "dream."

In reality, I was in my usual side sleep position, struggling to move and was making sounds. Finally my husband pushed me and I let out a small but louder cry. He said "it's just me." That was when I awoke. It was some time between 2-4am. I was pretty scared. I didn't  sleep again till dawn. Husband made fun of me afterwards.

I think I must've been up late and was starting to doze off, then sleep paralysis kicked in. But shit, why the evil dream.

Advertisements