Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1588631 times)

ladie_lor

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #450 on: February 25, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »
This happened to me and my soon last night. My husband and I had a date last night. We planned to go out after he came back from playing ping-pong. I was in the bathroom doing my make-up and hair, it was close to the time for my husband to return home and since the club was close by it wouldn't take him long. Well, I heard the front door open and I heard my husband asking my daughter where's mommy? My son who was with me in the bathroom ran to greet his dad at the front door only to find that my husband wasn't there. He came back to the bathroom and I asked him what's wrong he said I thought I heard daddy come in. I asked him daddy's not here? He said no. So I was shocked because I heard the front door open and heard him talking to my daughter. I went to the livingroom and asked my daughter where's dad? She said dad's at ping-pong remember. I asked didn't he come in? She said no you must be hearing things. I swear I heard him because my son heard him too. I just thought this was really strange. Anyone has any insight into this kind of stuff?

And this other thing that happened to me and my son 2 weeks ago. It was late like maybe 11:30-12:00 at night. I was watching tv and he was playing with his toys on the ground we heard a noise like someone was hammering upstairs. No one sleeps up there and everyone as asleep so there couldn't have been anyone hammering. The first time we heard it we looked at each other and continued doing what we were doing. The second time we heard it my son was like mommy what was that I said maybe it was daddy. And the third time it happened my son jumped off the floor and behind me on the couch. At this time my husband came out of the bathroom I asked him were you pounding on something he said no why my son said something was pounding my husband said he didn't hear anything.

Also like about a couple of weeks ago I went to take my son to school on the way there at the stop sign I saw what look like a strange animal that had gotten ran over by a car.  I drove around it went to send my son to school return in the same direction and the thing was gone. I was kinda of looking for it because my son had asked me what it was and I told that I'd take a closer look when I went home. I don't think the city was that fast pick up road kill.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 25, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »
Maybe you and your son have the 6th sense?

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Qub Phooj Ywg

« Reply #452 on: February 25, 2009, 05:38:31 PM »
anyone know any?

must be Hmong ghost stories....

This isn't really a ghost story but something that gave me the chills! It happened to me.

Once upon a time my dab laug tus tub loved me a whole bunch. I had no feelings for him because he was my cousin. Anyways, as I got older he asked me to marry him. I told him that we should sib hlub li tej nus muag xwb. He continued to pursue me up until I got married. He attended my wedding and was really broken hearted. He told me that no matter what he will always love me and I will be the only girl in his heart. I told him to move on with his life and find a nice girl who would truly love him. Almost 5 years down the road, I was about to have my second baby and my husband was out of town.
I had the most disturbing dream:
I was at home. There was a knock on my front door. It was bright and early in the morning and my family was fast asleep. I walked to the door thinking to myself "Who would come visit so early?" As I reached for the door, it opened by itself. That's so strange. I pulled on the knob to open the door wider and there He was, my dab laug tus tub. He looked straight into my eyes and said "I'm here to pick you up. I am on my way home and thought that you would come with me this time." I looked down at my stomach and said, "I can't go home with you. I'm married and is about to have my second baby. I'm sorry. I might go with you if I wasn't going to have a baby. He reached for my hand and said, " Well if you don't go with me this time then you'll never see me again. This is my last chance to come get you." I pulled my hands away from him and replied, "Kuv saib kav liam los mas, vim hais tias kuv tsis yog ib leeg lawm, ho kuv yog ob peb leeg lawm es koj txhob tu siab nawb mog kuv leej nus." He gave me one last look and said " Nyob zoo koj nawb mog. Ua koj lub neej sib sib hlub es kuv thiaj li tsis tshua tshua koj!" He turned around and as I looked on he turned back once more to wave good-bye and took the path to the right. :-[  At that moment, there was a stong gust of wind that blew my bedroom door closed. Both my sister and I woke up instantly startled. We both felt the cold air brush against our skin, yet it was in the summer time. My sister asked me, "what was that?" I shrugged, idk, and looked over at the window. My sheer curtains were flying in the wind, so I walked over and closed to window. As I head back to my bed, I looked at my alarm clock and it read 5:00 am. Good, I still have time to go back to sleep.
When I got to work, my phone was ringing. I picked up the phone and I heard my Mother's voice. It seemed a little disturbed.
She explained, " Me ntxhais kuv hu tuaj qhia koj hais tias koj dab laug tus tub tau tag sim neej lawm, tag kis no thaum plaub moos tawm. Es no koj ho hu tuaj nrog dab laug thiab niam dab laug nkawm tham os. Nkawm quaj quaj kawg li."
Chills ran down my spine and I felt goosebumps washed over my whole body. He had paid me a Farewell visit in my dream.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:27:03 PM by Qub Phooj Ywg »

Havocrazy

« Reply #453 on: February 25, 2009, 10:30:46 PM »
Similar story I once heard. Back in Laos during the war a couple just got married right before the husband was drafted. About a month had pass since and one day while the wife was in the house cooking facing the entrance door she thought she saw a quick glance of her husband walking by outside. She ran out side to see who it was but nobody was in site, just as she turn around to head back inside she saw her husband walked into the house (this time very clearly). She thought maybe he's back from the army so she was happy and excited but to her fortune, no-one was in the house. She called out his name, looked every where in the house because she swear she saw him enter. Than she walked back to the fire place and just than she saw her husband leaving the house and again she rush to follow but nobody, nowhere to be found. The very next day she went to see the village shaman and found out that her husband had been killed in battle and just came back to get his stuff with him to the next life, and to said goodbye to her.

Havocrazy

« Reply #454 on: February 25, 2009, 10:51:17 PM »
I use to worked with a Hmong veteran awhile back in a small factory and he'll tell me stories of his experience during the war and here's one of 'em. He said that on his first year as a soldier he'll usually be one of the one staying up late at night watching guard while most of the other soldiers are taking naps. One night after a short cross fire and the enemy retreated the Hmong soldiers camp there on that one little battle field and waited to see if the Charlies will return and just so happened he was put on watch guard again. If was half way through the night when everyone was asleep, even those that was suppose to stay up with him are know sound asleep. He said he was just about to go to sleep too because it was a long day and he was very tire and just as when he was about to go wake up the other guy to take his place he notice something. As he lay there with his back against a tree with his fellow soldiers sleeping around him, he saw the dead bodies from the previous fight started moving and standing up and than started walking around. He said that he was scared but didn't know what to do so he just pretend to be sleeping and watch those body walked around the small area and he said that it sounded like those zombies where crying or looking for something. Couple hours went by and finally those dead body return to there dead position on the ground. Morning came and he was so afraid he didn't remember being tired, than the commander order for everyone to advance and as they were leaving, some of the soldiers started digging around the dead bodies for jewelries or anything valuable on it. He stop some of 'em from doing so and some just went right ahead and snap watches and necklaces and he added that to what he see's going on after that night, most of the men that got those goods from the bodies were the next to die in the next battle (so don't still from the dead).

Havocrazy

« Reply #455 on: February 25, 2009, 10:59:14 PM »
Than this one time when his platoon decided to take a rest in the middle of the forest, just as they were getting comfortable a giant ape like creature jump down from above and when it landed on the ground it shake and the trees started waving heavily bending to the side as if it's going to snap than winds started blowing hard like a hurricane's hitting through than he pass out. And when he woke up, looked around and see that everyone else is also just waking up from a weird sleep. They check everything and everything was okay, the tree seem normal, the ground where the ape landed had no foot print, it seem like just a dream but can't be because the whole platoon witnesses it. They just thought it was weird and went on their way until launch time when they open the bags just to find out that there's no food. Than they guys started talking that it's P'-U'-Y'. He said he remember the face being a very bright red human like faces with fangs hanging out for the side of it's mouth and blue eyes but dark black hair all over it's giant ape like body.

Havocrazy

« Reply #456 on: February 25, 2009, 11:02:03 PM »
i spank u n u spank i

Aberration

« Reply #457 on: February 25, 2009, 11:04:13 PM »
I use to worked with a Hmong veteran awhile back in a small factory and he'll tell me stories of his experience during the war and here's one of 'em. He said that on his first year as a soldier he'll usually be one of the one staying up late at night watching guard while most of the other soldiers are taking naps. One night after a short cross fire and the enemy retreated the Hmong soldiers camp there on that one little battle field and waited to see if the Charlies will return and just so happened he was put on watch guard again. If was half way through the night when everyone was asleep, even those that was suppose to stay up with him are know sound asleep. He said he was just about to go to sleep too because it was a long day and he was very tire and just as when he was about to go wake up the other guy to take his place he notice something. As he lay there with his back against a tree with his fellow soldiers sleeping around him, he saw the dead bodies from the previous fight started moving and standing up and than started walking around. He said that he was scared but didn't know what to do so he just pretend to be sleeping and watch those body walked around the small area and he said that it sounded like those zombies where crying or looking for something. Couple hours went by and finally those dead body return to there dead position on the ground. Morning came and he was so afraid he didn't remember being tired, than the commander order for everyone to advance and as they were leaving, some of the soldiers started digging around the dead bodies for jewelries or anything valuable on it. He stop some of 'em from doing so and some just went right ahead and snap watches and necklaces and he added that to what he see's going on after that night, most of the men that got those goods from the bodies were the next to die in the next battle (so don't still from the dead).

Ahh...this is such a creepy story!  I am NOT going to wake up to go pee tonight!

sassychick

« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2009, 07:50:23 AM »
anyone know any?

This isn't really a ghost story but something that gave me the chills! It happened to me.

Once upon a time my dab laug tus tub loved me a whole bunch. I had no feelings for him because he was my cousin. Anyways, as I got older he asked me to marry him. I told him that we should sib hlub li tej nus muag xwb. He continued to pursue me up until I got married. He attended my wedding and was really broken hearted. He told me that no matter what he will always love me and I will be the only girl in his heart. I told him to move on with his life and find a nice girl who would truly love him. Almost 5 years down the road, I was about to have my second baby and my husband was out of town.
I was at home. There was a knock on my front door. It was bright and early in the morning and my family was fast asleep. I walked to the door thinking to myself "Who would come visit so early?" As I reached for the door, it opened by itself. That's so strange. I pulled on the knob to open the door wider and there He was, my dab laug tus tub. He looked straight into my eyes and said "I'm here to pick you up. I am on my way home and thought that you would come with me this time." I looked down at my stomach and said, "I can't go home with you. I'm married and is about to have my second baby. I'm sorry. I might go with you if I wasn't going to have a baby. He reached for my hand and said, " Well if you don't go with me this time then you'll never see me again. This is my last chance to come get you." I pulled my hands away from him and replied, "Kuv saib kav liam los mas, vim hais tias kuv tsis yog ib leeg lawm, ho kuv yog ob peb leeg lawm es koj txhob tu siab nawb mog kuv leej nus." He gave me one last look and said " Nyob zoo koj nawb mog. Ua koj lub neej sib sib hlub es kuv thiaj li tsis tshua tshua koj!" He turned around and as I looked on he turned back once more to wave good-bye and took the path to the right. :-[  At that moment, there was a stong gust of wind that blew my bedroom door closed. Both my sister and I woke up instantly startled. We both felt the cold air brush against our skin, yet it was in the summer time. My sister asked me, "what was that?" I shrugged, idk, and looked over at the window. My sheer curtains were flying in the wind, so I walked over and closed to window. As I head back to my bed, I looked at my alarm clock and it read 5:00 am. Good, I still have time to go back to sleep.
When I got to work, my phone was ringing. I picked up the phone and I heard my Mother's voice. It seemed a little disturbed.
She explained, " Me ntxhais kuv hu tuaj qhia koj hais tias koj dab laug tus tub tau tag sim neej lawm, tag kis no thaum plaub moos tawm. Es no koj ho hu tuaj nrog dab laug thiab niam dab laug nkawm tham os. Nkawm quaj quaj kawg li."
Chills ran down my spine and I felt goosebumps washed over my whole body. He had paid me a Farewell visit in my dream.

awww i like your story it was freaky and sad at the same time  :o :'(

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #459 on: February 26, 2009, 08:21:13 AM »

sleep deprivation causes halluncination s. sometimes soldiers will pretend to be dead so they can ambush you later.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #460 on: February 26, 2009, 08:22:52 AM »
anyone know any?

windstruck?

August Night

« Reply #461 on: February 26, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »
Who's got ghost stories from the old HLUB camp in Maranatha?  Creepy things used to happen there all the time.

I had an encounter one time during the night... not sure what it was, but it scared the poop outta me!  Anyone that's been there know they stuff you in a room with 6-7 other people.  Well.. it was really stuffy in our room so we propped the window open with a sturdy wooden stick under the windowsill.  Everyone soon fell asleep and I was the only one still awake.. I couldn't fall asleep and something kept making me think of all the ghostly stuff happening there.  Well, it was pitch black in the room and all the other girls were snoring in their sleep.  I tried to poke my cousin sleeping next to me to wake up, but she wouldn't budge.  Suddenly, I don't know if I saw or felt a SWOOSH go through the room and out the window!!  Then I heard a really LOUD noise like someone running their nails across the window screen.  Like a metal on metal screech.  THEN... the window slammed down with a really loud BANG!!  I thought it had shattered the glass panes!  HOLY CRAP... I was about to piss in my shorts!  The whole time.... not one of the girls in the room budged or moved.  They were sleeping peacefully.  Shiet... I pulled the covers over my head and prayed all night long... ahahahaha!  It was super stuffy and hot in the room and I was sweatin' like a dog the rest of the night, but I was freaked outta my mind!!!!

Cheetos

« Reply #462 on: February 26, 2009, 07:43:52 PM »
Scary story.  Here's a comic relief for everyone  ;D

Three friends were courting girls in another town and was coming home when it started to storm hard.  They didn't want to be out in the storm and one of the friend said that he knew a cave nearby where they can take shelter.

They quickly ran to where the cave was and stayed there hoping that the rain would go away so they can go home before it's too late.  Well, one of the guy farted and they started to argue back and forth over which one did it.

One of the guy was angry cause the other two guy kept on blaming him for farting.

So he said,"Well I didn't fart so if it wasn't you two who did it than it must be a ghost who farted."

From behind them they heard a voice,"Oh, don't blame it on me I wasn't the one who farted".

--- just a little story my mom used to tell us whenever my brothers argue and blame it on ghost. ---

It's better told in hmong.

1txojsia

« Reply #463 on: February 26, 2009, 09:15:30 PM »
wasn't there a movie on it?

Scary story.  Here's a comic relief for everyone  ;D

Three friends were courting girls in another town and was coming home when it started to storm hard.  They didn't want to be out in the storm and one of the friend said that he knew a cave nearby where they can take shelter.

They quickly ran to where the cave was and stayed there hoping that the rain would go away so they can go home before it's too late.  Well, one of the guy farted and they started to argue back and forth over which one did it.

One of the guy was angry cause the other two guy kept on blaming him for farting.

So he said,"Well I didn't fart so if it wasn't you two who did it than it must be a ghost who farted."

From behind them they heard a voice,"Oh, don't blame it on me I wasn't the one who farted".

--- just a little story my mom used to tell us whenever my brothers argue and blame it on ghost. ---

It's better told in hmong.

Cheetos

« Reply #464 on: February 26, 2009, 09:39:54 PM »
wasn't there a movie on it?

I don't know.

Advertisements