Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1580936 times)

sassychick

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #525 on: March 13, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »
This happened recently. It was about 10 in the evening, my SIL and I were on our way back from shopping for my sisters wedding and our next stop was to pick up my aunts bakery stuff so we could bake the wedding cake. well my aunt lives down this really creepy, into the forest dirt road, and I mean it was like the roads back in laos and thailand, you know those roads they take to go to ua teb. once we got there, I was in the front and my SIL was behind me, we climbed up the stairs and knocked on her door...my aunt opened her door but only slightly ajar...as she's talking to us she slowly starts to close the door...I saw my SIL inch closer to me almost pushing me inside...we were just peering at her wondering if she was gonna invite us in but she just told us to go home and that she doesn't have her wedding cake stuff. On our way back home my SIL asked me--did you hear someone breathing behind us. I told her no that i was too bz wondering why she didn't invite us inside. My SIL starts to chant--ua siab lo lo--ua siab lo lo--. She told me the reason she kept edging closer to me was because someone was breathing heavily behind her and she was so scared. That night I went to wrap my gifts and she was in her room txting, I heard a loud commotion and came out to find my brother and SIL running out of their bedroom. she said she was txting when she saw a hand waving to her outside her door and so she txt my brother to come help her....this was late at night and everyone was asleep except for me and the guys that were downstairs playing cards.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:18:55 AM by sassychick »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #526 on: March 13, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »
mary jane is some potent stuff...

babieboitj

« Reply #527 on: March 13, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »
Everyone has a soul and their soul is either weak or strong or in the middle.  These spirits attack the weak because they are susceptibility .  People have  12 souls and their soul is what makes them strong.  This is the reason why alot of hmong of hmongs doesn't want to donate their body parts because in the next life you will lose have body problems.

mlor

« Reply #528 on: March 13, 2009, 01:20:39 PM »
No regret, I know a story similar to yours >_<
But your dad's friend has bad karma! Tsk tsk!

So one of my aunts used to play outside all day as a kid back in Laos.
Being a naughty girl, she and other cousins decided to go play by the graves in the fields.
They played all day by those graves and then when night came, she went home.
Well, she fell sick and when the shaman came, he said there was a spirit who followed her home when she was messing around with the graves. Her father and the shaman had to do a bunch of begging and offerings but the spirit still refused to leave. Finally, the shaman told them to pretend like they were going to the fields and take nothing with them because if they did, the ghost would follow them to their new home. So my uncle rounded up their family and went to stay with other relatives. That house was still haunted by that spirit until it was torn down.

This one's about one of my good friends.
When we were still in high school, she was absent for like a week and all of us friends were worried because she'd never ditch that many days straight or else she got married :P
Anyway, she came back the next week and told us what happend:
One night she was home with her sister-in-law and brother.
While they were upstairs in their room, she was downstairs doing dishes. She was almost done when suddenly, she heard this loud thump behind her, like someone had jumped down the stairs or something.
When she turned around to look, she saw nothing so she just shrugged it off like whatever and went back to finishing the dishes. Then she heard her name being called and was like, "Yeah, what do you want?" 'cus she thought it was them upstairs calling her. After a few seconds and no reply, she turned around and saw nobody there. Now she was creeped out so she went upstairs to her brother and sister-in-law's room and asked them if they had called her. They were like, "No, we're watching tv." My friend was like, "Hmm, okay, whatever, I thought you guys called my name, guess not." That night, she got really sick and was burning up. She dreamt about this black figure who kept tugging on her to go with him. After a few days of that, she finally told her parents and they called the shaman to come see her and he said that it was a ghost who called her name and because she answered, he wanted her. So they had to do the whole name-changing ceremony and tie a red bracelet around her hand and clear the spirit from their place. It was really creepy when she told us the story because she's not the type to believe in that stuff and we were all kinda freaked out especially when she showed us the red bracelet on her hand.

This one is actually about me.

Years ago, one of my aunts was being mean and she told me that I used to have a fiance when I was young. I was all pissed 'cus I thought she was lying. But then I remembered seeing pictures of me with this little boy that I don't remember. I confronted my mom with it and she told me that yes, I was engaged once upon a time but that I didn't remember because it was too long ago and too many bad things happened.

So the story goes that there was this family that my parents were like best friends forever with when I was a baby. And they had a little boy around my age so we played together all the time growing up and did everything together. Both of our parents thought it would be great if we could really become family so they promised each other that when him and I grew up, we'd get married and blah blah blah. I was only like 2 at the time when they made this promise but a few years later, the boy died; I don't know from what or how because my mom refused to tell me and I don't remember any of this or that little boy.

Well, my mom said when he died, nobody told me that he died because I was too young to understand, and I was telling everyone that I wanted to play with him and that he was waiting for me to go out and play with him and asking them why couldn't I play with him. And my mom said for nights I would cry out in my sleep for him, saying, "X, I'm here! Hurry, hurry! Let's go play! Where are you? Why can't I see you?" My parents didn't really think too much of it since hardly a day ever went by without us seeing one another; they thought I was just having separation anxiety. Turned out, he had been haunting me. My mom said I started to cry at night, saying things like "X wants me to play with him but I'm tired, I want to sleep. Why isn't X going home?" And during the daytime, I would say things like, "X! Let's go play!" like he was actually there when in reality, I was playing by myself :X

Finally, my parents noticed how pale and sick I looked and called the shaman. After he did his thing, he told my parents that X's spirit won't let go of me because I wasn't letting go of him too. My mom said that was when they had to tell me X was dead and never coming back. My mom said I went hysterical, crying and yelling. Eventually I calmed down and they said that everytime X called me, I better not answer or else I'll never see my parents again. My mom said she also told me to tell her everytime he called me to play. At first, I didn't do as they said and kept talking to him. My mom overheard me saying to him, "X, you're dead, really? My parents told me not to talk to you anymore." She got pissed and beat me until I promised not to talk to him anymore. My mom said everytime X called me, I would run to her and be like, X wants me to play and my mom always told me not to answer. That went on for awhile until I started Kindergarten and my mom said I forgot all about him. I don't remember any of this so I know it's been blocked out of my mind but the pictures don't lie . . .

What's even stranger was after I found out this little boy, I started hearing my name being called, especially when I was alone. Sometimes it sounded like a little kid's voice, sometimes an adults voice. But it hasn't happened for a few years now . . .

1txojsia

« Reply #529 on: March 13, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »
my husband does not like dolls. if there's dolls around, he will dream of them chasing him and scaring him. The dreams stop when he threw all the dolls out. Good thing he doesn't have any daughters...  :D

No regret

« Reply #530 on: March 14, 2009, 05:09:00 AM »
...I just want to bring up a few incidents from my story, cause I think it's pretty creepy and you guys might want to hear it.

Before my brother died or even start to get really sick...one day he was home alone with my other older brother who's older that him.  This happened during the daytime, the younger one which was the one who passed away suddenly ran up to the older one and asked for my dad's gun because he said somebody unknown/scary looking just came through the door way and is somewhere in the house.  He wanted my dad's gun so he can shoot it.  It scared my other older brother but of course he didn't give him the gun; instead they just left the house, waited and played outside until my parents came home.  My dad has a few guns stored away in house and they all knew about it.

This also happened before he'd gotten sick and died:  He saw three like mice tailing each other and going around the fire place as if they are playing.  He went and got a stick, and beat one of them to death while the other two escaped into a hole.  He showed it to my mom, and mom said it didn't look like your typical mouse, it was quite different and weird looking.  It was after that incident that he started getting really sick and died.

The whole time my mom was telling us this story, I was thinking umm...what if he just caught onto some type of illness that caused his death.  And that he must have suffered a pretty long horrible illness before he finally passed away.  But to my surprise, she said all this happened within just three days.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:23:53 AM by No regret »

No regret

« Reply #531 on: March 14, 2009, 05:20:13 AM »
my husband does not like dolls. if there's dolls around, he will dream of them chasing him and scaring him. The dreams stop when he threw all the dolls out. Good thing he doesn't have any daughters...  :D

You know what he should do, he should face his fear in his dream then it'll stop.

That's what I wanted to do everytime, but some of my dreams are just too scary that I gave into my fears.  And feel really disppointed when I wake up.

I believe if you can face your fears in your nightmares or dreams...it will have an impact on your reality as well.

The other day I had dream that a relative died, and we were suppose to cut him up and clean his stomach out like a pig for his funeral ceremony.  I remembered I was so scared and horrified in the dream, I couldn't do and just hide away while others do it.  When I woke up, I felt so angry about it that I wasn't able to face my fear.  I have other scary dreams too that I wasn't able to face my fears. :-\

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:30:30 AM by No regret »

No regret

« Reply #532 on: March 14, 2009, 05:31:29 AM »
This happened recently. It was about 10 in the evening, my SIL and I were on our way back from shopping for my sisters wedding and our next stop was to pick up my aunts bakery stuff so we could bake the wedding cake. well my aunt lives down this really creepy, into the forest dirt road, and I mean it was like the roads back in laos and thailand, you know those roads they take to go to ua teb. once we got there, I was in the front and my SIL was behind me, we climbed up the stairs and knocked on her door...my aunt opened her door but only slightly ajar...as she's talking to us she slowly starts to close the door...I saw my SIL inch closer to me almost pushing me inside...we were just peering at her wondering if she was gonna invite us in but she just told us to go home and that she doesn't have her wedding cake stuff. On our way back home my SIL asked me--did you hear someone breathing behind us. I told her no that i was too bz wondering why she didn't invite us inside. My SIL starts to chant--ua siab lo lo--ua siab lo lo--. She told me the reason she kept edging closer to me was because someone was breathing heavily behind her and she was so scared. That night I went to wrap my gifts and she was in her room txting, I heard a loud commotion and came out to find my brother and SIL running out of their bedroom. she said she was txting when she saw a hand waving to her outside her door and so she txt my brother to come help her....this was late at night and everyone was asleep except for me and the guys that were downstairs playing cards.

That's mean, you SIL didn't even invited you guys in? >:(

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 15, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »
It was her aunt not her SIL. 

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline Mirage

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 15, 2009, 08:08:28 PM »
Finally finished reading all the stories!!!

Creepy!

.:ARIES:. Likes to tease. Outgoing. Lovable. Spontanious. Not one to #### with (me no lie).  Erotic.  Funny. Take you on trips to the moon in bed.  Excellent kisser EXTREMELY sexy.  Loves being in long relationships =) Addictive.  Loud.  Best in bed.

FORCE_MULTIPLIER

« Reply #535 on: March 15, 2009, 08:16:25 PM »
Finally finished reading all the stories!!!

Creepy!

i dont get it...  fancee, mirage...  who's who?   ???

Offline Mirage

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 15, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »
i dont get it...  fancee, mirage...  who's who?   ???

neither haha

.:ARIES:. Likes to tease. Outgoing. Lovable. Spontanious. Not one to #### with (me no lie).  Erotic.  Funny. Take you on trips to the moon in bed.  Excellent kisser EXTREMELY sexy.  Loves being in long relationships =) Addictive.  Loud.  Best in bed.

sassychick

« Reply #537 on: March 16, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »

It was my aunt...but no she didn't invite us in the house, we stood on her porch and she slowly closed the door.

Solitary

« Reply #538 on: March 16, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »
6 yrs ago before my uncle was killed by his wife; my cousins and i had a great time out at dejavu in mpls. we got home a little after 1 in the morning. we all went to bed right away. i had a real bad upset stomach. i woke up around 5ish or 6 in the the early morning before anyone did to use the bathroom.

i was sitting on the toilet lettin' it out, suddenly, i heard a knock on the door. i didnt say anything. i could care less. i was concentrating on lettin' it out. it was just one simple knock! dam, i thought to myself, just one knock, if someone was to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, he or she wouldve knocked several times or called out who was using the bathroom. i didnt think of anything more. i finished and walked out of the bathroom and went straight to bed.

when morning finally came, my uncle and aunt were up, and there were a crowd of people. they had a "ua neeg" scheduled for that day. we didnt know who the ceremony was for, or why they were doing. we had spring break that week and my cousin planned to spend the week with his family. we left before the ceremony ended.

two nights later, my dad got a call from an uncle from that my uncle was stabbed, and stabbed by his wife. he died early the following morning.

my mommy's the only person ive shared my bathroom incident with until now..

Solitary

« Reply #539 on: March 16, 2009, 11:06:16 AM »
here's another tragic sighting before one of my college buddy passed away in a motorcycle accident.
he and his bro lived in a housing complex. he woke up one morning to a white man in white rope standing in the doorway. a few secs. later it turned away.

he told us about his encountered with the man in a white rope, then a few mons later he got into a motorcycle and passed away.

sad man, he was suppose to graduate the following spring.

Advertisements