Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590240 times)

Whiteboy

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1245 on: January 02, 2010, 12:05:18 AM »
Hey when I was a kid my Aunt brought some poj ntxooj fur to our house.  She lived in Yuba City at the time.  She said that's where it happened.  That thing kept coming through a cracked window to visit these hmong people's sick son.  One night the Dad waited with a gun and shot it.  It had a long snout with small sharp teeth.  The fur was very soft.  Ever heard of this story?  It was like 15 years ago LOL

if they are a blood line of vue and has a last name of vang then that's them.

What he told me was after they killed it. They ate it.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Whiteboy

« Reply #1246 on: January 02, 2010, 12:22:47 AM »
Here's another from my lead.

They went fishing over at 113 late at night. They wernt fishing for fish, but traping. After a few hours they setup the trap. They ate. Right after they ate, they went back for the trap. As him and two of his cousins walking toward one of trap. A black shadow jump right in front of them. Two of his cousin walking behind him ran off. He try to run but could. so He stared at the red eyes and told it in his mind that they are there to fish and not to cause any problems and that if they are tresspassing that he is sorry. So the shadow let him go. He ran back to camp told them what happen and pack everything and left. The next day they came back and did the hu plij. The shaman told them that when they ate they didnt feed the spirit that guarded that area. And for him (my team lead) to stop fishing for 6 month.       

IB THIAB NEEJ

« Reply #1247 on: January 02, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »
if they are a blood line of vue and has a last name of vang then that's them.

What he told me was after they killed it. They ate it.

Really...  Yummy!  What did it taste like?   :D

sassychick

« Reply #1248 on: January 02, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »
Haven't posted in a while.

When my daughter was 2 i bought her a play cell phone. One night I was gonna give her a bath. she was holding her toy phone and as i tried to get it away from her it fell into the water. it was one of those phones that talks when you push the buttons, well the next day it started to say some freaky stuff. i can't remember what it said but it wasn't normal, I remember chills running up my spine when i heard a young boys voice coming through that phone. threw it away.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:28:45 PM by sassychick »

I_so_high

« Reply #1249 on: January 02, 2010, 06:45:24 PM »

interesting. so how would you ask that?

[/q

you just ask..

Whiteboy

« Reply #1250 on: January 02, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »
Really...  Yummy!  What did it taste like?   :D

he say it wore off the poj ntxooj. Expect the others.

But before his 60 days was up, he (my team) went back fishing. As they were fishing he caught and reel it in. It was hella fighting, but when it got to the shore, the fish was dead and rotten. So they did the shaman thinging again and time out him for 9 months. Before his 90 days was up again. He went back. But yeah... He caught a fish and was fighting. When they pulled it up to the shore and since it was dark, late at night, he pulled out his cell phone to check it out. And found out that it was a dead girl. He ran to the top. And his cousins ask him how big was it. So he told them to just pack up and if they're not scare and for them to go down and check it out. They went and ran back up and left. The next day they came back to do the hu plig. But found out that there was some Filipino there for the body and that the cops was on the way. 

I_so_high

« Reply #1251 on: January 02, 2010, 10:02:57 PM »

so i could just say: Hey Mr. Beautiful Tree, please provide us shelter for tonight.
yep thats all you got to do.

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1252 on: January 03, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
he say it wore off the poj ntxooj. Expect the others.

But before his 60 days was up, he (my team) went back fishing. As they were fishing he caught and reel it in. It was hella fighting, but when it got to the shore, the fish was dead and rotten. So they did the shaman thinging again and time out him for 9 months. Before his 90 days was up again. He went back. But yeah... He caught a fish and was fighting. When they pulled it up to the shore and since it was dark, late at night, he pulled out his cell phone to check it out. And found out that it was a dead girl. He ran to the top. And his cousins ask him how big was it. So he told them to just pack up and if they're not scare and for them to go down and check it out. They went and ran back up and left. The next day they came back to do the hu plig. But found out that there was some Filipino there for the body and that the cops was on the way. 
i would be freak out if i look and it was a girl. WTF!!
so, why does he keep fishing when he's not suppose too?

IB THIAB NEEJ

« Reply #1253 on: January 03, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

Fishaholics...

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1254 on: January 03, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »

Whiteboy

« Reply #1255 on: January 03, 2010, 08:02:58 PM »

he says it was to tempting when they catch a big one.

Whiteboy

« Reply #1256 on: January 03, 2010, 08:03:38 PM »
Fishaholics...

he just love the outdoors

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1257 on: January 04, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »
Holy cow.  I don't get scared easily, but THIS story scared the crap out of me!
Yeah.  The clans that turns to tigers when they die scare the crap outta me too.

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1258 on: January 04, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »
lady-k-tushlub u got more stories.. im bored here!

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1259 on: January 04, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »

Quote from: LADY-K-TUSHLUB on December 30, 2009, 04:03:14 PM
they drove to a different part of the forest, but this time parked underneath a tree.  They asked the tree to be their host, that they were going to be its guests, and for it to shelter them for the night.

interesting. so how would you ask that?
Goes something like this:

Hmo no, koj muaj qhua tuaj pw hauv koj tsev.  Hmo no wb tuaj pw hauv koj tsev.  Wb tuaj pw hauv koj tsev mas muaj dab, muaj tsiaj, muaj neeg phem licas los koj tiv thaiv kom tag.

which translates to:

Tonight, you have visitors who come to sleep in your house.  Tonight, we come to sleep in your house.  We spend the night in your house so if there are any ghosts or monsters, animals, or bad people, please defend us from them.

You can actually ask the trees to defend you against any and all bad things and you don't have to use those exact words.  Just like the elders say, paub licas ces hais li ntawd xwb.

Also, it is also said that if you have a loved one who recently passed away, you can ask them to come and keep your company (nrog kuv ua luag) too, but if you do that during hunting, the loved one will also scare any game away too.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:39:03 PM by LADY-K-TUSHLUB »

Advertisements