Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1581355 times)

Gemini

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #2895 on: November 15, 2011, 12:08:22 AM »
I heard there's a scarier documentary on Hmong funeral in "Faces of Death" but I can't find it.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FINEST1234

« Reply #2896 on: November 15, 2011, 07:21:21 AM »
You sure you didn't freak out? Let me hear the details of the incident  from your husband. lol... ;D

no i wasnt scare reporter... plus my husband wasnt there at the grave yard with us.... he was at the farm helping my sister and her in laws...  ;D.... if he said he saw someone else beside my grandma i would but its only my grandma so i wasnt scared....

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: November 15, 2011, 10:53:51 AM »
no i wasnt scare reporter... plus my husband wasnt there at the grave yard with us.... he was at the farm helping my sister and her in laws...  ;D.... if he said he saw someone else beside my grandma i would but its only my grandma so i wasnt scared....

That I understand. You felt she wouldn't do you harm, so you weren't afraid...but, you know, where she is, there are lots of dab toj ntxas that you just don't see, ok? Just FYI. That's why whenever you drop off foods to her, you should throw some around her grave to feed them so they won't steal the plate you are giving her. You have to tell them to eat just the ones you have thrown around the grave and that they shouldn't take away what you are giving your granma though. If you don't say that, they will eat those and also take hers. :2funny: :2funny:

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: November 15, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »
:o oi, fawker! i clicked in so that it will disappear off my unread post list. wasn't expecting that.

You have come to the right place. If you can read scary stories, what's wrong with looking at scary photos? :2funny: :2funny:

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:08:14 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: November 15, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »
ok, i visit this thread quite often and that pic is freaks me out every time. i'm avoiding page 198. hurry and post some more so we can go to page 199.  >:D

Haha...we have moved here now. :2funny: :2funny: >:D >:D >:D

"...

FINEST1234

« Reply #2900 on: November 15, 2011, 11:03:15 AM »
yeah kuv paub mas.. i only gave her and grandpa some flowers.. my mom and dad took care of the food.. heeheehee

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: November 15, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
yeah kuv paub mas.. i only gave her and grandpa some flowers.. my mom and dad took care of the food.. heeheehee

You all went there at the same time then?

"...

FINEST1234

« Reply #2902 on: November 16, 2011, 07:05:51 AM »
yeah me and my parents we met up there..  :) ...

sexymomma

« Reply #2903 on: November 16, 2011, 03:55:17 PM »
JDH, your stories are scary.  Tell us about your wife's encounter if you don't mind sharing it in here for us.

My grandma passed away about almost two months now and I believe a week or two after we buried her; we went back home (Fresno) to visit my parents.

The day before my grandma passed, she wanted to see my son but I told her that he was getting fussing and is getting ready to sleep so my grandma didn't get to see my son.

The night when we came to my parents, I got out of the car with my son and my nephew was there so he took my son from me as I got a call and was busy talking outside.  He took my son into my parents house and went down to sit on the sofa then suddenly my son cried hysterically and wouldn't stop crying.  His cries was different from all his other normal cries.  This time it sounded like he got spooked.  I got off the call and tried to calm him down but he would not calm down.  He cried for a good 30 minutes and my dad had to burn some kind of fabrics and started to say some kinds of words about if there's spirits then for them not to bother my son. 

Yet, he still will not stop.  My mom then got some of those (noob zaub) hmong veggie seeds and gave me some to put it in my mouth, smashed it and spread it all over his body.  After doing this, he then stopped crying and we kind of figure that it's probably my grandma was excited that we brought him over b/c she didn't get to see him one last time before she left us.

when babies sees ghost they do cried differently. the scared cry. the cry would be in a high pitch tone. ive encounter it myself. scary.

traceyher

Sleep paralysis
« Reply #2904 on: November 17, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
I don't normally encounter paranormal activity and don't think I have the six sense like some of you, but here's my share of two sleep paralysis stages that were very creepy indeed. The only time I've experienced sleep paralysis is when I was pregnant with my two kids. The first time was when I was 17, and it was late July to August of the summer of 2006.
Since it was summer vacation, I didn't have to get up to go to school so I would take long naps or sleep in later in the morning. My husband and I just got married two months before July came, and being the newly wed...his parents gave us a bigger bed to sleep on. However, it didn't have the legs and springs so we only had the top comforter of the bed on the carpet. So when I sleep...it's very low. This probably explain how uncomfortable it could be for a pregnant woman which is the cause to me getting sleep paralysis. I was unable to sleep on my side for some odd reason, and would have to sleep on my back most of the time. One early morning on a work day, my husband got up and had left for work. I was sleeping in since I was so tired and didn't have the energy to get up. "Keep in mind that I also had very bad morning sickness." I think I was half asleep and half awake...my eyes were sort of open but it was still fuzzy and blurry. My body is on sleep mode, but in my brain I was awake and could see everything infront of me since I was sleeping straight on my back. However I couldn't move or speak a word. Even though it was mid summer, I had a blanket still. On the edge on my bed down where my feet were, there was a head full of pitch black hair. Okay, keep in mind that I don't have bed springs or leg for our bed. But somehow, I could only see the top of the head as in she was sitting 2-3 ft below my bed. Guys, "I'm literally having goosebumps just describing what I saw!" It didn't come closer or anything but was just there for me to see that it was someone's head. No face was seen since it was just the top of the head. However, I could tell it was a woman...since it had long hair that drips down. I couldn't tell if it was the front of the head or the back of a head. I tried to focus my vision to look at it clearly and tried to move a muscle but no matter how hard I try...I couldn't move a finger. It happened for 20 seconds or so but felt like 1-2 mins literally went by. My heart was starting to beat so fast, and finally I move and "BOOM" it feel like I just woke up from a bad dream. The weird part was my eyes was on the head the whole time that when I woke up...I was looking straight down on my feet. Everything was exactly like what I saw when I was having the sleep paralysis. The blankets towards my feet were in the same position but the only thing that wasn't there was the head. I got scared...and decided it was time to wake up. The whole day that day...I kept feeling like something or someone was watching me. I told my husband later on about what I've just experienced but he said I was just dreaming. I know it wasn't just a dream because it felt so real...like I was totally awake but was paralyzed.  :-\ I then turn to my mom and grandma for futher explanation rather if its a good or bad sign, I demanded an answer. My grandma told me that it could just be my dad visiting me since I was getting ready to have a family of my own. Even though it was a creepy experience...I was relieved it was just my dad stopping by.

I'm sure...most of the time when you are experiencing sleep paralysis. It just means you're not getting enough rest so your body shuts down on you but your mind is awake. However, a lot of time when you are experiencing it...you see and hear things that may seem to be very scary. When you realize what you're experiencing.. .you then try to move and speak but can't. Remember that most of the time when your body does this, spirits around are likely to communicate with you bc your body energy is weaker than when you're totally awake. You can choose to believe what you believe in but I sometime just take it as a visit from a love one. Because I don't see and experience awake activity, I don't think it means any harm.

I have a second experience of sleep paralysis which happened during my second pregnancy, but will save it for later. Will keep you all posted soon, and even though this first one isn't as chilling as you all expected. Wait until you hear my second encounter. Till then, have a nice wonderful rest of your Thursday morning!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:04:14 AM by traceyher »

sexymomma

« Reply #2905 on: November 17, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
Oohh i got one!

My sister's sis n law had a 1.5 year old son. He had a sickness (supposedly some type of cancer) and was in and out of the hospital. They did a jingle bell and the reason the boy was sick was because his parents didnt love him and always yelled mean things at him. His parents are very young (early 20s if even) and he mom liked to go out a lot. Sometimes the mom would yell at her son to die. So thats why he became sick. After a while the boys cancer grew worse and spread through his body. He was extremely skinny and dying. The doctor asked the family if they want to let him pass in the hospital or take him home to pass and they decided to take him home. There they held him and watched as he took his last breath. Oh so sad. *tears*

Shortly after his death, his aunt and uncle heard a knocking at their bedroom window every night. They thought it was just their dead grandpa so they said to it that if its the grandpa then for him to go away and not come back. But the knocking continued. So they did jingle bell and it was actually the dead little boy that was knockin on they window.  He had come to ask for money (or something like that)  so he can continue his journey or whatever how it goes when u die and go to a place. They said he didnt go ask his parents for money because they didnt love him. *tears!*  so paper was burnt for him and since then he has gone. 

So sad  :'(
First of all! why would they be yelling at a 1.5 years old baby anyway!  that baby does not understand anything. poor little thing. rip.

sexymomma

« Reply #2906 on: November 17, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
So me and my husband is trying to make babies, but its impossible for us to have kids. So i told my mom to see why me and my husband cant have kids. she then did this shaman thing and she said that me and my husbands paper heaven of having babies are not at the same level [read it in hmong, it sounds better] and if we really want to have kids we have to ask a PRO shaman to fix that so we can have babies.

So now we are going to ask my husbands gmama to do a shaman thing at the end of November. wish us luck. =]
I wonder if that is whats going on with my sister and her husband too. they got a 3 year old daughter. my sister's been trying to conceived again for the past 2 years now and nothing seems to help at all. doctors said her eggs are in good condition whatsoever. I told her so many times to have a shaman look into it, but her husband refuse to , he don't believe in this kinda of stuff. I told her our friend was not able to get pregnant as well, so she had her mother do shaman and now she has a son and a daughter after the shaman was performed. my broinlaw told my sister to stop being a big mouth about it and just let fate handle it. Imean were both twins and i conceive easily. I have two daughters. Well i guess the rest is up to them.

sexymomma

« Reply #2907 on: November 17, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »
It’s not a ghost story, it’s a dream. I heard that it’s bad when you dream of someone in hmong clothes or if you’re the one in hmong clothes.

I dreamt that me and my sis was getting ready to go to the hmong new year. We were dressed up in hmong clothes and my two brothers were waiting in their cars to take us to the new year. I got in my second oldest bro’s car and my sis got in my oldest bro’s car. Instead of driving us to the new year, both my bros dropped my sis and me off at a funeral home. My dress was kind of loose so I asked my sister to help me tie my sash on tighter. When she was tying on the sash, I looked around and no one else was in hmong clothes but me! The og’s were giving me the looks like “why is she in hmong clothes.” I wasn’t scared until I heard two hmong ladies saying, “ohh, tus tub Tommy no, lawv cia nws tus ntsuj plig ua si ib week xub ces nws ua rov qab los txhob ib tus neeg mus ua nws tus poj niam.” That was when I got scared because when I looked down on myself, I was the only one in hmong clothes and my hmong clothes were the traditional ones ( black shirt with blue cuffs, red sash and white dress).

I told my mom but she assured me that it’s nothing to worry about. She said in order to take away the bad luck I have to trade it…so she advised me to go buy a $1 scratcher so that I can trade my bad luck with it. IDK, that’s what she told me, I haven’t even done so.

I don't think dreaming about someone in dead hmong clothes really means anything. Ii dreamed about it before nothing out of the ordinary happened. They say if you had a bad dream that night. the next morning when you wake up, go into the bathroom and spit into the garbage. which saying you are spittign the bad dreams away. Dream or not dream i spit every morning hehehe. gotta brush the teeths. ;D

Fresno559

« Reply #2908 on: November 17, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »
Ayee'? You guys know anything about hello kitty thingy? http://hellokittyhistory-jess.blogspot.com/
Pretty scary.

kuvyogpheng

« Reply #2909 on: November 17, 2011, 08:32:33 PM »
Well just recently me and my friends were riding bikes down the streets in our neighborhoods. You know it gets dark nowadays so we were still out at 7pm. We all decided to break up and go home since it feels like midnight and very cold quiet. So the next day my friend was looking so freaked out (you know how people get scared when they see ghost and shakes) when all of us friends went to go and chill at his place that day. He told us that he saw a lady with black clothing on, dark eyebrowse, like how girls put on makeup but like 10x darker how ghost looks like, and long red fingernails. He said she walk by his bed many times the night we were all going home, and then when he was so scared he went to dead to sleep. Then, at 4am he got woken up for somereason. He was asleep on his right side. He turned to his left and there goes the ghost lady, just on her side laying down next to him starring right at him with her eyes open big and not smiling but like this :/.... So he told his grandma when she came home from the farm and his grandma isa shaman. So his grandma did the sha checking, and the grandma said that when we were riding around the blocks and streets, (you know like we would go around the blocks many times around and around) there was a ghost girl that thought he was looking for love. Since the ghost girl was lonely, she decided to hop on his peds and came home with him, and she was being hike by my friend to his house. The grandma also said that the reason why she picked my friend (there was about 14-15 of us, yeah we were pretty deep) was because he threw his red/white string away a couple months ago becuz it was coming off (he was suppose to tell his parents to get him a new one ASAP) and the rest of us had our strings on so the ghost girl couldn't see us except my friend only. Yesterday they just did jingle bell for him so he's fine now and we're back just cruising and having fun chilling at each other's place playing games, playing football, balling and yeah, what we always do (:... we don't smoke and drink... hahaha. thats all i got for now.

Advertisements