Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1580964 times)

Republic

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #3510 on: July 05, 2012, 12:07:33 AM »
Republic,
I use to be in youth church in the past, i never went to one of those youth camp in different states, did you ever gone to one, and had weird stuff happen to you or know of any. I know that ppl tells stories over the camp fire?

The one camp that I know of where lots of paranormal things happened to kids was Camp Maranatha in Nebraska.  However, by the time I came to know Christ, the CMA was no longer holding HLUB there.  I heard the stories about kids hearing noises or voices or seeing shadows without explanation. 

During HLUB 2000 in St. Paul, MN, on the night the strange but cute blonde girl knocked on my hotel room door, there was a kid staying at another hotel who got possessed.  Apparently, this was a gangster kid who was trying to change.  He had some Christian friends who dragged him to HLUB.  He was actually starting to learn about Christ and enjoying himself then one night he started freaking out on his friends.  They got so scared they didn't know what to do with him so they just brought him downstairs and left him in the lobby with the American hotel staff.  I always thought that part was hilarious when I heard the story.  Later that night, a bunch of pastors went to pray for the kid.  The story was that he was possessed by some of his dead gangster friends who didn't want him to leave his old ways behind.  The pastors stayed up most of the night praying for him and eventually he got better I think.

In those days though, it seemed like a ghetto gangster kid would came to HLUB and end up getting possessed or something every year. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Republic

« Reply #3511 on: July 05, 2012, 12:22:25 AM »
Just a commentary on grammar and syntax:

I just have to say - DAYEEM!  I'm on page 140-something and I have to say some of you people are absolutely unreadable!  I don't mean to be the grammar Nazi but come on people! 

IF you were not born in this country, I am not talking to you.  English is truly your second language and you do the best that you can.

BUT if you were born in this country OR IF you grew up in this country...REAL LY?  Throw in a comma or a period every once in awhile.  It makes a big difference.  Also, paragraphs are good too.  By no means am I asking for perfection.  This is an informal message forum not an English class.  But if people are here, they want to read your story.  At least make it easier for people to understand what you're trying to say.  I wasn't born in this country AND I'm retarded.  If I can put a proper sentence together so can you.

One final note then I'm done:  Ebonics make stories funny and NOT scary.  If something is "little," then please for the love of God type "little" or "small" or "tiny" or "miniscule" or whatever.  Do NOT call it "lilo."  I read a story that might have been pretty spooky but-for the half dozen or so uses of the adjective "lilo!"  This made me chuckle so much that the story completely lost it's ability to scare me.

Like this post: +2

Republic

« Reply #3512 on: July 05, 2012, 12:47:53 AM »
My Childhood Home

For 9 years, we lived in a duplex when I was a kid.  I loved that house. I loved that house for many reasons.  One of the big reasons though was that my uncle and his family lived on the other side.  My brothers and I were close to my cousin so for us, it felt like the unending sleepover.  We used to ask my dad to tear down the dividing wall so we could just go back and forth to play whenever we wanted.  But that house was by far the creepiest house I have ever lived in.

I couldn't have been older than 6 years-old when my dad bought that house.  I remember going with him to check that house out.  Both sides had identical reversed floorplans.  There was a main floor, an upstairs with three bedrooms and one bathroom, and there was an unfinished basement.  The basement was always spooky and cold.  I hated being in the basement.  The first time I went with my dad to the house, we checked out the basement.  There was a pentagram painted on the wall in red paint.  My dad painted over it, but you could still make it out for all the years we lived there.

The first signs of the paranormal in that house was experienced by both of my younger brothers.  We were still very small at the time.  The three of us shared a room.  My dad set up three beds for us, but my younger brothers always slept in the same bed.  I slept in the far bed opposite them.  One night after I had fallen asleep, my middle brother woke up for no apparent reason.  He noticed there was a dim light in the room.  He looked up and sure enough, there was a ball of light hovering at the ceiling.  He just started at it.  The light moved back and forth.  He said he whispered my name but I was sound asleep.  He whispered our youngest brother's name and he was also awake.  "Do you see it?"  "Yeah, I see it," my youngest brother answered.  They were only about 6 and 7 years-old at the time.  They said the light would fly down and shock their faces then fly back up like it was playing with them.  They quickly pulled the covers over their heads.  But, the light just flew THROUGH the covers and shocked them again.  They laid there scared out of their minds.  After 15 minutes or so, the light faded and vanished.  They ran to my parents' room.  My dad responded by yelling at them and making them go to bed.  To this day, they swear they both saw it.

After my grandfather died, something strange happened.  One night, I was watching TV.  I was still young, maybe around 10 or 11.  Everyone else had gone to bed.  I still remember clearly, I wanted to watch Head of the Class.  After the show ended, I carefully, turned ON all of the lights downstairs.  The downstairs was laid out so the TV was in the living room.  To get to the stairs, you had to go through the dining room then go to the stairs.  So I turned on the living room lights, then the dining room lights, then the stair lights.  I went back in sequence to turn OFF the TV, then the living room lights, then the dining room lights, then I went upstairs.  I felts spooked already for some reason so I ran upstairs then to the bedroom I shared with my brothers.  I put some shorts on and ran to the bathroom to pee.  As I ran by the stairs, I made sure to notice that all the lights were off.  After I peed, I came out.  When I came to the stairs - FOOK ME - the lights were on!  At first I thought maybe someone got up.  I ran downstairs and looked around.  EVERY light was on, even the kitchen light.  I was never even in the kitchen.  Worse yet, no one else was awake.  I quickly ran through and turned off all the lights.  I ran upstairs and threw the blankets over my head.  I was never so scared as a kid.

I'll share more as these stories come back to me.

Republic

« Reply #3513 on: July 05, 2012, 01:05:36 AM »
Uncle and Aunt's Haunted House

I have an uncle.  He's not really my uncle.  He's actually kind of an idiot.  But in Hmong terms, he is an uncle.  When I was young, he was less repulsive and actually pretty close to my dad.  One weekend, my uncle and aunt visited us.  They had just moved into another home.  It was the second one in just a few months.  When my grandmother and my mother asked my aunt why, this is the story she relayed as I remember it: 

My aunt and uncle lived and still live in Eau Claire, WI.  They moved into a duplex because it was big and the rent was cheap.  As soon as they moved in, strange things started happening.  They would hear voices.  They would hear noises that were out of place.  They would see shadows.  One night, as my uncle and aunt laid in bed talking, something tried to come up through the bed between them!  I know!  It was some real Freddy Krueger shiznit!  My aunt said she actually saw the outline of a man levitating the covers between them.  It scared the crap out of her.

One day, my uncle wasn't home.  My aunt was doing laundry.  She had a basket of clothes and was heading towards the stairs.  She looked up and in the hallway was a little figure.  It looked like a person only it was shorter.  The thing came at her.  She said it actually touched her breasts and pushed her backwards right into a closet.  It locked the door.  She heard laughter from the other side of the closet door.  After several seconds, she got the door open and ran down the stairs.  At the bottom of the stairs, she stopped and looked back upstairs.  At the top of the stairs was this figure.  It was short and black with no face.  That was my aunt's description, not mine. 

The final straw came a couple of nights later.  My aunt had a dream that a Hmong man came into the house.  The man asked her who she was and why she was in his house.  The man wanted to know where his family had gone.  She woke up in a cold sweat.  They finally talked to the neighbors who were also Hmong.  The neighbors confirmed to them that a Hmong family had lived there a few years before.  One night, when the father was home alone, there was a break-in and the thieves shot and killed the father.  That was enough for them.  A couple of weeks later, my uncle found another place and they moved out.

Republic

« Reply #3514 on: July 05, 2012, 01:37:22 AM »
Ouija Story

College was a great time for me.  I made a bunch of friends.  I went to a lot of parties.  And I somehow graduated on time.  My freshman year, I lived in the dorms.  Our dorm was not co-ed, which in a way was better because it could be just a Guy's place.  Our floor had about 40 guys and almost all of us hung out.  However there was about a handful of guys whom I became really tight with.  Over the course of our freshman year, we went through phases of things we became obsessed with:  drinking, poker, horse racing, girls, and yes, the ouija board.

One weekend, we were bored.  A girl who hung out on our floor regularly asked if we wanted to play with a ouija board.  I had never played ouija before but some of the other guys had so we said yes.  She went to her dorm about a block away.  Twenty minutes later, she came back with a geniune store bought Parker Brothers Ouija Board.

That first night, I only placed my hand on the planchette once and nothing really happened.  But something hooked me.  For the next several weekends, a few of us played with the ouija board constantly.  For some reason, the board was always most responsive when I was one of the players.  I'm not sure why.  I know for a fact that I never moved that planchette.  But no matter who else was touching the planchette with me, it seemed most active when I was one of the people asking questions and touching it.  One weekend, my middle brother came to visit me.  It was me, him, and a buddy touching the planchette.  After all of these years, I don't remember what we asked that spirit or how it answered.  But I do remember two things.  First, it told us that it was in that room with us.  And second, when we asked it to point to where it was, the planchette moved in a figure 8, then it slid OFF the board.  The planchette felt like it levitated OFF of the carpet and moved towards a dark corner of the room.  My brother and our buddy took their hands off quickly.  I kept mine on then I eventually pulled back too.  The planchette kept moving for several more feet BY ITSELF then it stopped

The room got cold.  Some of the girls in the room got really scared and started crying.  We were all so freaked out, 8 of us ended up sleeping together in my tiny dorm room - both guys and girls.  A couple of those girls were HOT too by the way.  But that's another story.

It was weird though.  Even after that night, I was still drawn to that stupid ouija board.  I wanted to play it all the time.  My buddies eventually got too scared or got bored with it and moved on.  One weekend, I borrowed the board and took it home to play with my siblings.  Nothing happened at our house.  I went back to college and forgot the board leaving it in my room.  I called home about it but my sister said it wasn't there.  She thought I took it.  To this day, I don't know what happened to that ouija board.  It just vanished.  I gave that white girl $20 to replace her board and have not touched one since. 

Looking back, I feel blessed.  I think God was watching out for me and protecting me from that evil.  If you have never played with a Ouija Board, don't.  It seems harmless.  It's cardboard and you can buy it at K-Mart for crying out loud.  But there is something about it that just does not feel right.  It draws you in somehow and I believe it can open certain people up to things better left alone.  Just my two cents.

Republic

« Reply #3515 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:52 AM »
Ouija Board Table

Side story to the Ouija story:

Our dorm floor had a lounge that everyone could use.  We used to play with the Ouija Board on the big table in this lounge most often.  We THINK we cursed this table with that stupid board. 

After our obsession with Ouija ran its course, we got hooked on a game called Sheets.  Basically, you take 4 regular decks of playing cards and shuffle it together.  You flip over one card.  Then you flip over a second card.  You call the amount you want to gamble.  The amount you gamble is on the third card.  The hope is that the third card falls chronologicall y in between the first and second cards; thus, you have the name, In Between the Sheets.  So for example, if you flip over a 5 of hearts and a Jack of Diamonds, you want the third card to range from 6 through 10.  Anything less than a 5 loses.  Anything more than a Jack loses.  A 5 or a Jack loses.  The best hand is to turn Ace/Ace.  You can call Ace "HIGH" or Ace "LOW."  With two Aces on the board, the ONLY card that can screw you is a third Ace. 

So it starts off with everyone chipping into the pot.  Let's say there are ten guys playing and everyone chips in 50 cents.  The initial pots starts at $5.00.  You can call pot or anything less than the pot (in this case $5).  If you win, you win the amount you call.  If you lose, you pay in the amount you call.

We played this game a few times before the Ouija Board and it was fun but nothing crazy ever happened.  After the Ouija Board, we played this game on THE table.  There were like 8 of us playing.  We all chipped in 10 cents since we were all broke college kids.  My mexican buddy was whinning about how small the pot was.  After an hour though, our 80 cents pot grew to over $1100!  Another hour after that the pot was over $5000!

Ace HIGH/Ace LOW came up about a dozen times and each time it did, a third Ace was drawn.  It was crazy!  Two guys, yes GUYS, were crying.  They each had written checks in the pot for over a $2000 a piece.  I got scared and like a giant vagina, I dropped out.  It was strange.  The longer the game went on, the colder the room got.  Eventually, everyone was so creeped out we just stopped.  We gave everyone their checks back and split the money as fairly as possible.  We never played Sheets again.

Republic

« Reply #3516 on: July 05, 2012, 02:07:22 AM »
1-800-DEAD-GUY

This happened years ago and it still is creepy to think about now.  I have an aunt who is a Lee by birth.  My mom used to say their family muaj muaj dab.  After this happened, I understood why.

My aunt's father died.  He lived in California somewhere, probably Fresno or Sacramento.  My aunt and uncle flew out to help with the funeral.  Afterwards they came home.  I think some strange things happened at the funeral but I never got the details since I was just a little kid at the time. 

One day, about six months after the funeral, a family friend who lived on the east coast called my uncle.  It had been awhile and he was just calling to tell see how my aunt and uncle were doing.  In passing, he mentioned to my uncle that he had talked to my uncle's father-in-law (my aunt's father who had just died).  My uncle got creeped out.  He asked the friend WHEN.  The friend said just a few days ago.  My uncle told him that wasn't possible because he died six months prior.  The friend was in shock!  He told my uncle that he had a FULL CONVERSATION with the man!

Republic

« Reply #3517 on: July 05, 2012, 03:15:29 AM »
From Possession to Salvation

Ok, last story for the night then I'm going to bed for real.

My youngest brother and my sister-in-law did not take religion or God very seriously.  After the rest of the family had come to Christ, they still just did their own thing.  Her family was the same way.  The mother-in-law and her siblings were just kind of whatever.  Her father was devoutly religious but he was devoted to shamanism and the old ways. 

Her youngest brother was kind of a wanna-be thug.  He dressed and acted the part of a thug, but really he was just a harmless, nice kid who had no direction in life.  As a result, he was in his 20's but he was unemployed and not going to school.  His mom gave him money.  And all he did was party and do recreational drugs like ecstasy, meth, pot, and various alcohols.  We'll call this kid Pao for the sake of this story.

Pao went down to Arkansas to visit a cousin.  Down there, all he did was party.  At some point though, Pao did something really dumb.  He said, "God, if you're real, let me see ghosts."  Soon after, Pao started getting paranoid.  He felt eyes on him all the time.  Eventually, he thought someone was out to kill him.  He conveyed stories like things would move when he was alone in his bedroom.  Objects actually levitated and moved in front of him.  Lights would flicker and his alarm clock would act funny.  Pao later said he wasn't sure why, but whatever it was had control over electricity.

One day, things got so bad that Pao was full-blown possessed.  He flipped out.  He was screaming and cursing.  He was talking in a voice not his own.  The family called my brother and sister-in-law.  When my brother got there, Pao looked crazy.  My brother said his eyes were black.  The whites had disappeared.  Pao's jaw even jutted out like a guy turning into a werewolf.  It was right out of a horror movie.  My brother and Pao's older brother tried to hold him down but they couldn't do it.  Both of them were bigger and stronger than Pao.  But when Pao was in that state, he was stronger than both of them.  The family was able to get a hold of a Hmong pastor.  The pastor prayed for Pao.  The pastor was young and had never experienced anything like this before.  Even he was afraid.  Eventually though, after a lot of prayer, Pao calmed down a bit.  The family took him to the hospital.  They gave Pao sedatives to knock him out.

That night, they left Pao at the hospital.  My brother's parents-in-laws came home alone.  The kids who lived there were too scared and they went to stay with their oldest sister.  The father who is a really bright man, rational and clear thinking, wasn't sure what to think.  He thought maybe Pao was just high on meth or some other drug. 

That night though, the mother went into Pao's room to turn the lights off.  The bedroom door slammed shut on her locking her in.  After a few terrifying seconds, she was able to open it.  The father was unable to sleep all night.  Several times, he saw shadows passing through the adjacent rooms.  The next day, he went to work.  He began emailing his older brother and describing the events of the previous day.  Suddenly, his office smelled like rotten flesh.  He gagged.  He said he fiinished his email and came home early.  When he got home, the same smell permeated his house.  The mother didn't smell anything.  The father knew then that it wasn't drugs.  He said he actually got angry.  All of his life, he respected and worshipped the ancestors faithfully.  He is as knowledgeable with Hmong tradition as anyone I have ever met.  He was my mebkoob in fact.  Anyways, he cursed whatever evil spirit was doing this to him and his family.  He questioned why it would scare his family like this rather than bless them and prosper them.  The smell remained.  Even though he had never gone to church before, he said it was at that moment that he called out to God.  "Ntawm Vajtswv ntuj ua yog Vaj Leejtswv, Vaj Leejtub, thiab Vaj Ntsujplig lub npe, khiav tawv mus kiag!"  (Translation:  In the name of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirt, LEAVE NOW!).  The odor instantly left. 

My brother and sister-in-law were scared.  They remained scared for months after.  But slowly, that evil they saw turned their fear to faith.  They came to Christ together.  They were baptized together.  They continued to see shadows and hear things.  But through the fear, they prayed and it would go away. 

Soon, my brother's in-laws all came to Christ, including Pao.  It was not easy.  But the demonic episodes ceased then stopped altogether.  Pao is now a firm Christian.  He holds a steady job.  He is no longer a directionless wanna-be.  And he is an active member of his Hmong church, helping other young men grow closer to Christ.  He is a child of the God Most High. 

The parents also came to Christ.  Their marriage was rocky.  But it is amazing to see how God has worked in their lives.  They now have a loving marriage.  The father transitioned his passion for shamanism to Christianity.  He now serves faithfully in the church.

This story is not meant to start a religious flame war.  But for my brother and his in-laws, they faced the demonic.  Then they found true victory in Jesus Christ.

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: July 05, 2012, 07:59:49 AM »
republic, your last story is  :2funny:. sounds like a scare tactic to get pple to convert. anyone who is deeply religious would find the root of their problem in their own religion before crossing over to the other religion. for an example, your uncle or brother would've seek a shaman to see what is wrong first and things that you describle your bro in law going thru does not go away in saying one verse. anyhow, this is a ghost story thread so ....but thanks for sharing!  :)

Republic

« Reply #3519 on: July 05, 2012, 10:15:58 AM »
republic, your last story is  :2funny:. sounds like a scare tactic to get pple to convert. anyone who is deeply religious would find the root of their problem in their own religion before crossing over to the other religion. for an example, your uncle or brother would've seek a shaman to see what is wrong first and things that you describle your bro in law going thru does not go away in saying one verse. anyhow, this is a ghost story thread so ....but thanks for sharing!  :)

If someone were to be scared enough to convert because of the story, I wouldn't mind.  But it's all true.  It all happened so fast.  The father called on God on the second day when the smell hit him.  Because that made it go away, he saw no need to call a shaman.  The church went to his house a couple of weekends later and prayed for them.  Then the elders removed his shaman fetishes. 

Unfortunately, wherever there are large Hmong communities, demonic possession and demonization tends to run rampant.  As long as there are Hmong people, shamans and pastors will remain busy. 

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: July 05, 2012, 10:36:09 AM »
true and thank you for acknowledging the fact that it doesn't matter if you're christian or not, paranormal things are part of our culture and these kind of things tend to happen more b/c we Hmong are sensitive to these energies.

Republic

« Reply #3521 on: July 05, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
Haunted Fishing Spot

Where I grew up there was a creek that Hmong people loved to fish.  It was secluded and beautiful.  It was a little noisey though because it was underneath a flow-over dam.  The dam had 3 levels.  The lowest level had a section of the dam removed so water could flow fast and free.  When I was a kid, there were no houses surrounding this dam.  It was all woods.  When my uncles first came to America, I can still remember that we would go out there and fish until dark without anyone bothering us.  Sometimes we would camp overnight.  As a kid, I never remembered seeing or hearing anything personally.  However, the adults aways talked about hearing voices or seeing shadows move in the woods.

During the first half of the 20th century, it was rumored that the woods surrounding that dam was used as a dumping ground for hit victims by Chicagoland mobsters.  Also, the highest part of the flow-over damn was at such an angle that white people would use it as a water slide.  Every so often some dumb white kid would go into the water wrong and knock himself out then drown.  Over the years, we saw emergency workers pull two bodies out of that creek.

One time some friends went fishing there.  The oldest was only 16.  He had just gotten his driver's license and he wanted to take a bunch of his little cousins and his brother out to fish at that creek.  The little brother was catfishing when his line snagged something heavy.  It didn't pull back on his line so he just assumed it was a rock or a log.  But when he pulled, the weight slowly came.  When the weight surfaced, it was a dead body.  The poor kid threw his pole in the water and ran.  When he told his brother and cousins, they all took off!  They weren't supposed to go fishing without an adult so they never did tell their parents.  They told me and my brothers about it years later. 

Another time, a Hmong guy and his wife went to that creek late in the afternoon along with a friend and his wife.  Their plan was simple:  stay late into the night and cast their net for fish.  Nevermind that netting was illegal there.  Haha I love my Hmong people.  As soon as it started to get dark, they began netting.  It was a good night and they were getting lots of fish.  They had a couple of those 5 gallon buckets each and those were filling up nicely with good eating sized fish.  Around 10pm, everyone got tired except for the Hmong guy.  His wife and the other couple were on land just casually fishing with rod and reel.  But the Hmong guy was still casting his net.  Suddenly, a light flashed.  They all got scared thinking it was a ranger.  The Hmong guy was especially scared because he was still netting.  Instinctively, he dropped his net and ducked under the water.  The others were astonished by wait they saw.  They said they saw a ball of white light just hover over the water.  It went to the spot where the Hmong guy went under.  It hovered a second or two, then it just vanished.  When the Hmong guy came up, it was dark again. 

They quickly packed their gear and went home.  When they got home, they got the news that my aunt had been in a car accident and died.  When he got the news. the poor guy sat down at his dining table and wept openly for the longest time.  That Hmong guy was an orphan.  He came to America as a teenager and for a time, my uncle and aunt took him in.  My aunt loved him like a son and he treated her like a mother.  I'm not sure if the light was her coming to say good-bye to him or if it was something else.  But it was all very strange. 

Republic

« Reply #3522 on: July 05, 2012, 11:10:06 AM »
true and thank you for acknowledging the fact that it doesn't matter if you're christian or not, paranormal things are part of our culture and these kind of things tend to happen more b/c we Hmong are sensitive to these energies.

I tend to believe that those who experience the paranormal, do so for one of two reasons:  1) they actively seek out the paranormal or 2) they have a direct ancestor who actively sought it out.  The Bible teaches that idolatry (the worship of anything other than God) can effect your descendants for as many as three or four generations!  This certainly falls in line with the Hmong belief that the most powerful shamans are the chosen shamans (dab thawj).  These are shamans who are believed to be empowered by a demon that remains with that familial bloodline revisiting one family member after another for many generations.  As Hmong people, this makes sense to us.  We all know of a family OR two OR three that just seems to have more strange, paranormal things happen to them than anyone else.  I believe this is the reason. 

Whether we are Christians or not, if we looked closely enough at our ancestors just 3 or 4 generations back, most of us can find someone in our direct line who dabbled in the supernatural.  For example, for me, my parents never messed with any of that stuff.  However, my grandfather had incredible and strange abilities.  He was a master crafter of the traditional Hmong qheej.  People came from all over Laos just to purchase an instrument from him.  He knew how to hu plig.  He knew how to saib.  I believe now that it was because of my grandfather, that as a kid I was always fascinated with reading stories about the supernatural.  And while, I have no abilities to sense ghosts or spirits, I have many first cousins who do have strange residual abilities, probably due to my grandfather. 

Republic

« Reply #3523 on: July 05, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »
Where are My Keys?

For 3 years, my wife and I lived in St. Paul.  We had just bought our first home in Oakdale.  Minnesota people know.  Anyways, we had only been living there for a few weeks so everything was still very new.  This was also prior to me really understanding the Word of God and being strong in my faith.  Thus, I was a little uneasy with the new place.  One of my great fears as a kid was moving into a truly haunted house!  HAHA, not sure why but that used to worry me. 

Nothing strange had happened.  But I was still cautious nontheless.  One night, my wife picked me up from my office (We were operating on one car at the time).  We stopped at the grocery store.  Then we came home.  I was carrying our son in his carseat along with several bags of groceries.  So I gave her my keys to unlock the door.  We came inside and put my son to bed then we put all of the groceries away.  That was when I noticed that I didn't have my keys. 

"Honey, where are my keys?"

"I put them on the counter," she replied.

They were not on the counter.  We tore the house apart looking for them.  For an hour we looked.  Then I remembered something I read about ghosts.  One clear sign of a ghost is if things go missing unexpectedly, then turn up again in places you know you did not leave it.  I started to get goosebumps.  Suddenly, the room got really cold.  The ONLY thing I could think of was to go back to my office and look for my keys.  I KNEW my keys weren't there.  But I was so agitated and a little frightened that my keys could be swiped by a ghostly entity like that.  I had to do something.

I got dressed and grabbed my wife's keys.  I went to open the door and - FOOK - my keys were hanging in the key hole.  My scatter brained wife had left my keys in the doorknob.  And then I realized that the room had gotten cold because it was Minnesota and it was late fall and we didn't turn the heat on when we first got home. 

Sometimes, you don't need a zebra to explain the hoofprints if there are plenty of horses around.

Republic

« Reply #3524 on: July 05, 2012, 11:51:48 AM »
Mt. Airy and Mounds Park

Any Minnesota people know about these places?  Supposedly both are hotbeds for ghostly activity.

I have a cousin and his wife who lived with me for a few months in St. Paul.  They had just started jobs there and needed a place to stay until they found a home.  His wife was very nice and very chatty.  She told us that when her family first moved to St. Paul from California, they lived in some housing located in Mt. Airy with a lot of other Hmong people.  One day, she was doing her make-up and getting ready to go do something.  When she finished, she came downstairs.  As she got to the bottom of the stairs she noticed that the TV was on and a man was laying on the couch watching TV.  She just assumed it was her dad.  Casually, she said, "Bye dad, I'm going out."  No answer.  As soon as she stepped outside, her parents were both already outside.  None of her siblings were home.  Like a girl, she said she squeeled then screamed.  HAHA, she tried to recreate the squeel when she told us the story.  It was funny.  She told her dad someone was in the house so he ran inside.  He looked all over but he didn't find anyone. 

My brother-in-law's dad used to be a cop in St. Paul.  One night while he was patrolling during his regular night shift, he went by Mounds Park.  It was past midnight.  But he noticed some kids running across the field.  He flashed his lights and chased them down.  There were four of them and they were all Hmong.  He was a little suprised that they didn't split up when running across the field but when he stopped them, he said they looked terrified.  When the kids finally calmed down enough they told him that they went into the park to drink and hangout.  After awhile, they noticed something hanging off of a tree limb that wasn't there before.  It looked like a body was hanging by the neck and it was writhing and twisting like it was still alive.  They said it wasn't there when they first got there so it scared them and they ran.  When the cop's backup arrived, some officers along with a K-9 unit went into the area the kids said they had seen the person hanging from the tree.  The cops found nothing though. 

Like this post: +1

Advertisements