Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1589005 times)

Republic

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #3540 on: July 07, 2012, 03:30:25 PM »
Hmong Black Magic

Khawv koob is the name for Hmong Black Magic.  We have probably all heard of someone in our family who dabbled in black magic.  My family is no different.  When I was younger, my dad told me about an uncle who refused to come to America.  My dad said this uncle was very powerful with black magic and could do a number of things that puzzled the mind.  To family members, he was kind, loving, and generous.  However, my dad said he was feared by outsiders.  In Laos, he supposedly used his black magic to get revenge on many people he considered enemies.  The danger though is that anyone who dares to use black magic must eventually pay a price for that power. 

Before the war, my uncle decided that he wanted to start giving up his black magic powers.  A missionary had come to his village and taught about the love of Jesus Christ.  My uncle was very intrigued and began listening and learning more.  Very quickly, he accepted Christ and he brought his entire family to Christ. 

My uncle's black magic demons were not pleased.  Because my uncle's faith was new and not very firm yet, the demons were able to exact vengence on his family for converting to Christianity.  Three of his children died within a couple of years due to various illnesses.  Their deaths were hard on the man.  He became very angry and embittered.  Rather than hold firm to his faith, my uncle returned to the old ways and continued to practice his black magic. 

Years later, Laos fell and my uncle and his remaining family fled to Thailand.  There, he refused to come to America.  He was content to stay in the camps.  In the mid-90s, my parents returned to Thailand and visited the camps.  My dad said he had a wonderful visit with my uncle.  He was still as kind and welcoming to my dad as he had ever been.  However, two years after my dad's visit, my uncle began seeing things.  Apparently, his demons began betraying him.  Other demons that were kept at bay were now haunting his dreams.  At night, he would see shadows and visions of horrific things.  Dark children dressed in Hmong clothing would come to him at night asking for food.  My cousin arranged for a shaman to come heal my uncle.  However, nothing worked. 

One day, my uncle believed that a demon was inside of him and he needed to get it out.  When no one was around, he took a very sharp Hmong knife and he cut his own stomach open from one side to the other.  When my cousin came home, he was laying on the dirt floor in a pool of his own blood, barely alive, but with all of his intestines strewn about him.  My cousin kneeled down and held him.  He whispered a few things that were incoherent.  Then he died in my cousin's arms. 

Most of his children had come to America over the years.  After his death, the ones who still believed in the old ways, had terrible dreams about him and his demons.  The ones who were Christians didn't dream about anything. 

Someone posted earlier in this thread that maybe Hmong black magic only effected those who believed in the old ways.  I think there is something to this.  My dad was a military officer during the war.  He said that there were Hmong soldiers who could do black magic who would get upset at American CIA officers.  As a result, they tried to use their demons to attack the Americans but nothing happened. 

I have an aunt who is a learned shaman.  She is crazy.  From time to time she will get possessed by her demons and do and say crazy things.  When her favorite daughter graduated from college, the daughter got engaged to a white guy.  My aunt flipped out.  That's when her demonization began.  She was so desperate to save her daughter from marrying a white man that she went to a master of black magic and paid her thousands of dollars to send a demon to break them up.  Nothing.  That white guy is a Christian and so is her daughter.  Today, they actually have a very good marriage and are both very successful.  The family believes however that those demons kind of bounced back and made her crazier because of what she tried to do.  It's kind of sad. 

I guess the moral of the story is don't mess with Hmong black magic.  It's bad for your mental health.

Like this post: +2

Adverstisement

realism

« Reply #3541 on: July 09, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »
more stories plx

Like this post: 0

Republic

« Reply #3542 on: July 10, 2012, 02:06:22 AM »
The 14th Floor

I have a friend whom we will call Mary.  Mary was in college.  During her freshman year, she as placed into a dorm that was reportedly haunted.  Mary was a pretty level-headed type of person and she did not pay much heed to things like ghosts and goblins so she just shrugged off the stories.  One night, Mary needed to study for an exam.  However, she was finding it hard to concentrate since her roommate was home.  The roommate liked to play her music at the highest volume setting.  So, even though she was wearing headphones, Mary could still hear the music blaring through. 

Mary needed a quiet place to study.  She could go to the library, but being a petite girl and new to college, she wasn't comfortable walking across campus at night.  Mary then remembered that the top floor of the dorm was empty.  All of the rooms were being renovated and no one was living on the top floor during this particular semester.  She had gone up there a couple of times to study before.  Even though, girls on her floor whispered that the top floor was haunted, Mary never noticed anything strange in the time she spent up there.  So she gathered up her things, and headed for the elevator.

Mary went to the 14th floor and entered the lounge.  The dorm rooms were being worked on, but the floor lounge still had all of its lamps and furniture in place.  The only difference was this lounge didn't have a handful of giggling girls doing their nails and talking.  Mary settled in and began her studies.  Everything was nice and quiet as always.  However, she noticed something strange.  Every 15 minutes or so, the elevator would ding, then open, but no one exited.  She ignored it.  After some time, she realized she needed a book that was in her room.  So Mary, popped up and headed for the elevator so she could retrieve her book.  She went to her room, got her book, then came back to the 14th floor lounge.

It was strange.  Her chair had been moved.  When she scooted back, the chair couldn't have gone that far, could it?  The chair had slid backwards nearly ten feet.  Mary shook it off and thought maybe she shifted back harder and further than she thought.  After a few minutes of studying, she cursed herself.  She needed some class notes that were back in her room.  So she entered the elevator again and returned to her room.  She quickly found her notebook and went back to the 14th floor.  When Mary entered the lounge, she dropped her notebook and SCREAMED!

EVERY chair in the lounge was stacked up in the middle of the room!  IMPOSSIBLE!  No one was up here.  But there it was right in front of her.  The room had also grown much colder too for some reason. 

Mary quickly grabbed her things and rushed back to her room.  By now her roommate had gone out so she was alone.  But her level-headed mind was too shaken to concentrate.  Too scared to study, she called a friend and told him what happened.  It was several hours before Mary's fear subsided and she could return to her studies.

Like this post: +1

Republic

« Reply #3543 on: July 10, 2012, 02:39:52 AM »
Dab Tsuam

The Hmong have a common paranormal occurrence called "dab tsuam."  There are many stories in this thread simplifying it even more as "being sat on" by a demon or a ghost.  Most Americans explain this as "sleep paralysis."  I tend to agree that most of the times, these episodes are probably sleep paralysis where the mind creates an imagined fear and the body is unable to move.  HOWEVER, westerners also have another explanation for this and this explanation rings of the demonic.  In the west, there are demons known as incubus and succubus.  Both are sexual ghosts or demons that typically come upon a sleeping victim, usually at night.  The incubbus is a male entity that attacks women and the succubus is the female entity that attacks men. 

Personally, I can only remember being the victim of a dab tsuam a couple of times, once in college and once in law school.  In college when it happened, I was absolutely paralyzed.  I can remember mumbling and trying my hardest to move but being unble to.  My teeth were clenched tightly and I swear, I thought my jaw would lock up.  It seemed to go on forever, but it eventually stopped and I fell asleep.

In law school, I lived in the graduate students dorm.  I was sleeping night with my back to the door.  I lived on the top floor of the building and had a beautiful view of the city.  My window was a huge picture window that as nearly the entire wall.  Thus, I placed my bed right up against the window.  That night, I was laying in bed just staring at the city lights and waiting for sleep to take me.  I was in that stage between being fully awake and fully asleep when I sensed I was not alone.  My eyes could see the city lights which is why I really do not think I was asleep.  I felt cold and I felt somethign was in my dorm with me.  I could just sense it ambling closer and closer.  I was frozen in place.  No matter how hard to tried to move, I could not.  Although I was not really a Christian yet, I called upon Jesus to help me.  Suddenly, the spell broke and I turned over quickly, even throwing a wicked UFC style elbow as I let out a hollar.  I didn't hit anything.  In fact, when I looked around, there was nothing but my dark room. 

There is power in the name of Jesus.  Even if you're not a Christian, if this terrifying thing happens to you, I would encourage you to call out to Jesus. 

Republic

« Reply #3544 on: July 10, 2012, 02:54:19 AM »
A Powerful Incubus

I have a friend, we'll call him Tou.  Tou and his wife were a part of a church.  Tou was very involved and very active.  However, Tou's wife was less interested - both in the church and in Tou.  She began to mess around.  She ended up having an affair with a Mexican guy from her work place.  After the affair, things got strange and scary. 

Tou's wife began experiencing ghostly visits from an unseen entity.  At first, it only happened when she was sleeping.  They chalked it up to bad dreams.  The pastor and the church did their parts to pray for the couple.  But the dreams only got worse.  Eventually, the demonic attacks became more aggressive.  Now Tou's wife was experiencing them when she was quite obviously awake.  The demons would crawl into bed with her and lay on her.  Even when she protested, it would force itself on her and rape her.  She said she actually felt genitals and penetration like it was actual sex with a man only there was no one there!

Tou was a Christian, but his kwvtij were not.  They convinced him to stop going to church and let them try to ua neeb for his wife.  After much consideration, Tou agreed.  He left the church completely.  He took his wife to Green Bay where his uncle had a shaman come and peformed a ceremony for her.  At first it seemed to work.  But several months later, the demon returned.  The attacks go even worse.  Tou's wife was so scared she looked like she never slept. 

So they sold their house and moved.  The move helped...for a short time.  Eventually, the demon found her again at their brand new house.  They sold their house again.  They decided to move to Green Bay to be closer to Tou's family in the hopes that they could find help.  After selling their house, they moved in with Tou's cousin while their house was being prepared in Green Bay.  After two months, Tou and his wife moved to Green Bay.

When they left Tou's cousin's house though, the demon stayed.  Tou's cousin had several very pretty daughters.  Over the course of the next few months, all of the daughters were attacked by the demon.  The cousin called in a shaman to do a ceremony to rid the house of hte demon.  It worked.  But the demon found Tou's wife again!  The last I heard, they were just doing their best to deal with it. 

population1

« Reply #3545 on: July 10, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »
@repubic

the story about meka churches. can you uncover what there is on 'sacred or holy' grounds? until you can dig up earthly foundations. speak not for meka for you don't know what else they don't want you to know.

the story about mound's park indian drummer. when you do dig up earthly foundations, you will know that the spirit caller wanted you to hear what you heard. what is a spirit caller? a shaman, ofcourse, never will a 'devoted' christian hear anything like it. so, proves you aren't of ancestry/lineage with meka teachings in their version of god/christ. also, maybe the indian guy was out for a late night stroll having on a mp3 player, then turned it down 'cause he was like, wth are those over there? oh, it's only republic.

the poj ntxoog story. don't mess with that stuff. only the realest dealers will tell you more and give you a charm of it as proof and medicine; but do be skeptical about many other similar claimers.

the khawv koob story. IDK how you came to your conclusion about hmong khawv koob, but it sounds you were only taught about the abuse of it or rather, the dark arts. there other several other forms, arts and attributes. one of them? I will purposely bring up, which is khawv koob yaig per sampling. now, black magic or dark arts has its negative side effects and symptoms. I can tell you now, christianity will not, did not and or was not the reason why you or your relative was protected from it. all I can only say to you is, the dormancy will remain static no matter the stream of life you acculture => a/o-ccult => cult that you think runs in you 'cause opportunistic conception dwells in your blind-spots. so, can you still solve the mystery of the oiji board you had messed around with? allow me to cast you a riddle. Face-value has a price, you either redeem it or lose it at the cost of you or someone you know.

the story about the 14th floor. I'd like to have witnessed it. meaning I'd have to be there with marry. just her and I.  ;) but, there's-something-about-marry. IDK what it is 'cause I don't know the marry you are talking about, and I wasn't there; but I do know marry had-a-little-lamb. I do know there is musical-chairs. and I do know that the word 'marry' and the #14 is a sum and or multiplier.

the story about dab tsuam. sleep paralysis. now let's forget about everything else associated with it.

the story about a powerful incubus. they can try moving into an apartment complex building with several floors and many other inhabitants somewhere in the heart of a metro area. this is when you'd rather be unfaithful than faithful. sucks, doesn't it.

Republic

« Reply #3546 on: July 10, 2012, 11:16:48 PM »
I'm sorry.  I'm trying to understand what you typed but I'm finding it difficult.

I really do appreciate the response to the stories I shared though.

Republic

« Reply #3547 on: July 10, 2012, 11:32:52 PM »
City of St. Paul City Hall Haunted?

For three years, I worked in City Hall in St. Paul, MN.  I never personally witnessed anything but City Hall is supposedly haunted.  People have reported seeing ghosts dressed in 1920s attire walking around the building, particular down in the basement level. 

My secretary shared this story with me.  When I worked for the city, she had already been a city employee for many, many years.  She told me that she hated going down to the basement, particularly at the end of the day when there was hardly anyone left in the building.  She said she always felt eyes on her down there.  But one particular incident happened a few years after she began working there that really re-affirmed her fears.

One day, she was asked to go downstairs and retrieve some files.  It was late on a Friday afternoon and the only people left in the basement were two female file clerks.  She got off the elevator and went to the office she needed to go to.  She go her files from the ladies then wished them a good weekend.  Afterwards, she exited and turned the corner for the elevator.  Perhaps 20 feet ahead of her was a man dressed in a dark suit.  He was wearing a hat and carrying a briefcase and a trenchcoat. 

The man kept his head down and walked ahead of her at a brisk pace.  He entered the elevator then stepped to the side to press the buttons, all the while keeping his head down.  She said his hate shielded his eyes.  My secretary called out for the man to hold the elevator.  The door started to close so she picked up her pace.  She reached the elevator just as the doors came together in the middle.  She stuck her arm out and stopped the door from closing.  The door's sensors automatically sprang the doors back fully open.

When she stepped into the elevator, EVERY SINGLE HAIR ON HER BODY STOOD ON END...the elevator was empty.

yajmafia

« Reply #3548 on: July 11, 2012, 08:16:39 AM »
Snaps bro.  You have some wicked stories.

Republic

« Reply #3549 on: July 11, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »
Quick Random Ghost Stories

Scratching in the Closet

One night, when I was still a kid, I went to bed.  My brothers were both already asleep in the beds next to mine.  However, my mind was wandering and I couldn't fall asleep.  I laid there in the dark with my eyes closed.  Then suddenly, I heard something strange.  There came a scratching sound from the closest.  My brothers and I shared a bedroom as little kids.  Our beds were set up one right next to the other with my bed right next to the closet. 

As I laid there, I held my breath to make sure I wasn't imagining it.  Soon it happened again!  I tried to rationalize it.  Maybe it was a mouse or even a rat.  But, then something struck me to scare me even more.  The scratching came in a repeated pattern.  *scratch scratch scratch*PAUSE*scratch scratch scratch*PAUSE*scratch scratch scratch*

I don't know how long I held my breath but I just pretended to be asleep and hoped it would go away.  Eventually, my fear gave into sleep.  It never happened again.

Dad Saw a Ghost

During the weekend I drove to DC with my dad and some other older Hmong men who had served in the war, my dad shared this story with us.  My dad said he never really experienced a lot of supernatural things growing up.  However, there was one thing that happened to him that he cannot really explain.

My dad was a military officer.  He showed talent in school, so as a you as a young man, he was recruited to work with the GVP and the CIA officers.  He had been away a long time and finally he was getting the chance to go home and visit his family for a couple of weeks.  He was glad to be home, but as most young men do, he soon got bored.  One day he decided he was going to walk to the next village and try to meet some girls.  My dad got dressed up in his officers suit and completed his ensemble with his standard issueed sidearm!  I laughed at that part.  He said he wanted to make an impression.

My dad ended up meeting some girls (sisters).  Their parents knew my grandfather and they knew who my dad was so they asked him to stay.  He ended up spending the day with the sisters.  They insisted he have dinner with them, so he did.  By the time he was ready to leave it was dark.  He said he didn't think anything of it because he grew up in the area and home wasn't that far away. 

My dad started heading home.  He told us that between the two villages, as was common apparently, there was a cemetary in which both villages buried most of their dead.  As he approached the cemetary, he started to get just a little nervous but ignored it.  However, as he got closer it was clear that there was a mist forming.  The mist came together and formed the outline of a person.  The mist person began to hover towards my dad.  My dad said he was frightened but he stood his ground.  He unholstered his sidearm and fired three shots at the mist.  The mist disapated and vanished entirely.  The jungle was now quiet after the three loud pops of his gun.  My dad hurried home.  When he arrived my grandparents were still up.  He told them what happened.  My grandfather did his thing to look into it and said it was nothing.  Grandpa said it was just one of the people buried at the cemetary being curious.

Mom Saw a Ghost

A few years ago, my parents were living with my younger brother.  They decided to sell the house and upsize.  The plan was to move into a large apartment so they could update the house and show it to potential buyers without interruption. 

My brother found a really nice apartment complex that had just been built a few months before.  It was close to the house.  This was nice since drive time to work wouldn't be substantually altered and familiar stores and restaurants were still nearby.  The place was really nice.  I visited it and it never seemed spooky or strange at all.  Everything was brand new, how could it be?!!

One day though, my niece started crying for no reason.  It was her nap time, but she wouldn't go to sleep.  She was laying down with the blanket up half over her face.  When my brother asked her what was wrong, she would point to an empty corner of the ceiling and say "Niv niv...niv niv!"  My brother though she saw a spider or something so he checked.  Nothing was in the corner.  It happened a couple more times and it started to freak the adults out. 

Then one day, on a Saturday morning, my mom was in the living room with the babies.  She was watching TV and just playing with them.  That's when she heard footsteps come into the kitchen behind her.  She just assumed it was my dad.  She started talking to him about what she wanted to do that day.  Then she heard something that spooked her.  From the bathroom down the hall, she heard my dad.  He was gargling and clearing his throat loudly the way he does in the morning.  So she quickly turned to the kitchen and saw that no one was there!  She glanced down the hallway and caught what looked like a white cape or the tail of a long bathrobe flare up like someone walking away really quickly.  She got up thinking it was my sister-in-law.  She went down the hallway and checked their room.  Nothing.  She thought for a second and knew it couldn't have been them since they weren't even home!  My brother had made my sister-in-law go fishing with him early that morning.  She checked her bedroom and sure enough, my dad wasn't in there because he was the one in the bathroom.  She got spooked.  She calmly came back to sit with the babies and waited for my dad to come out.

When she told my dad what happened, he just prayed for her and for the apartment.  Well...actuall y, first my dad laughed.  Then he prayed her and for the apartment.  They lived in those apartments for a year.  The house never did sell so they just moved back into the house.  That was the only time my mom ever saw anything that strange there.  It was weird though because the apartments were brand new.  I think there was something with the land itself.

population1

« Reply #3550 on: July 11, 2012, 09:38:48 PM »
I'm sorry.  I'm trying to understand what you typed but I'm finding it difficult.

don't be. and you are not. I don't see anything sorry on your part toward my reply about your posts. don't try to understand. try to feel. it may make things more simpler.

Republic

« Reply #3551 on: July 12, 2012, 01:40:09 AM »
don't be. and you are not. I don't see anything sorry on your part toward my reply about your posts. don't try to understand. try to feel. it may make things more simpler.

LOL!  A fortune cookie company should hire you to write nonsensical fortunes.

population1

« Reply #3552 on: July 12, 2012, 02:00:18 AM »
LOL!  A fortune cookie company should hire you to write nonsensical fortunes.

well, tyvm. I am all the wiser. which explains we chinese are more fortunate. think about that the next time you scoop up a spoon full of rice or eat out or have anything to do with Asian food. 'til then, you should go with bread and tomato sauce.

Republic

« Reply #3553 on: July 12, 2012, 02:41:37 AM »
well, tyvm. I am all the wiser. which explains we chinese are more fortunate. think about that the next time you scoop up a spoon full of rice or eat out or have anything to do with Asian food. 'til then, you should go with bread and tomato sauce.

Bread and tomato sauce?  Brilliant!

realism

« Reply #3554 on: July 12, 2012, 02:49:25 AM »
Hey hey no idea what you 2 are going on about, but MORE STORIES PLX

Advertisements