Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1589469 times)

Petal_Rose

Re: Hmong Ghost Stories
« Reply #3945 on: December 10, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »
Indeed, but this girl was seen by many people, Hmong or not, on some occasions. She doesn't haunt you or anything, she's just minding her own business.  O0

I don't know.. usually ghostly figure do not make themselves noticeable. Maybe it's just a mute homeless looking for abandonned fish to eat.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

2x

« Reply #3946 on: December 10, 2014, 11:56:42 AM »
I don't know.. usually ghostly figure do not make themselves noticeable. Maybe it's just a mute homeless looking for abandonned fish to eat.

Maybe it is.

Petal_Rose

« Reply #3947 on: December 10, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »
Maybe it is.

Next time if you see her again. Offered her some help.  ;)

2x

« Reply #3948 on: December 10, 2014, 04:50:07 PM »
Next time if you see her again. Offered her some help.  ;)

Hahah, again? I've never seen her, but if I do, I'll bring an extra fishing pole.  O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: December 11, 2014, 11:10:15 PM »
Ok.

About the dream I had a week after my grandpa's funeral, I'll put it down on some other times. It was, indeed, an horrifying dream. I called my cousins that following day that the night happened, but none of them seems to hear or felt anything. They did woke up to see my mom picking up pots and pans from the ground though. I'm guessing I was one of my grandpa's favorites.  ;D

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: December 14, 2014, 11:46:48 PM »
But you have time to read? lol You're funny..

Paj liab, reading is easier and I can read them faster. On the writing part, as for me it goes hella slow. Grammar and punctuation are headache - too much work.  :D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: March 23, 2015, 08:24:09 AM »
Not about scary stories but something unusual....

So just over the past weekend my in laws came over and we went fishing. It was a cold and kind of windy one.
We went to this lake that had spots where we can fish. There was 6 of us, we got there everyone fished at the spot I showed them. And one went to the other side of the bridge. I followed him and I told him lets go to the 2 bridge, as we went to the second bridge, the guy that I told him to follow me said he was gonna try the area before the 2 bridge first because there was a tunnel of water flowing outward. So I continue to go on forward, as I was casting a seagull or some kind of bird dropped poop on the arm. This freaked me out as the OGS always say that if a bird poop lands on you its a sign of bad luck or something bad might happen. So I took out a wrapper from my cold and wiped it off as well as some dead grass. I didn't tell anyone but after that my in laws came and fished where I got pooped on and they didn't catch anything. I was too scared to fish so I stopped fishing and just watch them. I think it was too cold and also something there didn't want us to catch anything. So we left and came back home. Like for the past 2 days now I keep have dreams where I would be jumping over flooded paths because of a dragon that looks like a fish. Another dream would be that I'm running away from an Asian girl who keeps saying that she is here to take me away and love me because she saw that I had a very weak soul. I told my parents about it and they said they will look into. Do you guys think I lost my soul at the fishing spot? I did read on this plank sign that says the area we were in is part of the Ho-Chuck clan which is believed to also have Water spirits guarding that area, I think...

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: March 23, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »
I've heard that when a bird poop on your head, it's bad omen.. but not sure about pooping on arms. As for the dragon.  But I do know a case where the woman was pregnant at the time when it happened to her. Her husband took her fishing. She slipped her leg into this one small hole. After that incident. She got really sick. She kept talking about God and saying that God is coming down. They finally admitted her to the hospital. She didn't get well so the husband finally took her home to where his father live. 5 hours away. While there, she would take off her clothes and run around naked outside. They finally called a shaman over and the shaman told them that she lost her spirit (plig) at a lake. And the dragon has taken it. They had to drive 5 hours to that lake to hu plig. After that she was totally cure.

So, not sure... hope nothing bad happens to you.

My mom is a shaman and she usually knows what is wrong. A couple years ago my younger brother went fishing at the very same spot and a week later he got really sick. My mom had to tie a red string on him and he was forbidden to go fishing there. But for me, I thought I try it out and as it seems, I think I'm forbidden there too. This place is right under a major highway and I heard there were many accidents that happen in this area. For example when they were building this over pass bridge some workers were injured, one died. In the winter car accidents happen here. There is a cemetery just across from the lake. But there are many big fishes that are caught here. Like Northern Pikes, Muskies, Walleyes, White Bass, Large mouth and Gars.

I'm thinking that I'm not allowed to go fishing this year cause I have been dreaming of dragons. I'm just thinking its nothing but maybe just a water spirit? But one thing I want to know is that what if your driving by a lake? Will I be safe or am I forbidden to even be near water? I drive right next to a lake everyday I go to work and come back.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Sydney

« Reply #3953 on: April 12, 2015, 09:55:34 AM »
Ok, when I was in Laos visiting my adopted brother and his family, I took some pictures.  All of sudden, as the sun sets in the evening, there are some bubbles appearing on my pictures.  Can you guys see it?  I didn't pay much attention to it, but my sis said these are spirits in the open field.  She said the land was a killing field during the Vietnam war.  Ok, creepy, but see for yourself and see what you all think.  All of my other pictures do not have these bubbles, only these ones......

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:58:33 AM by Sydney »

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3954 on: April 14, 2015, 10:20:48 AM »
according to paranormal techiz those bubbles are called "Orbes" or how ever its spelled
freaky but interesting at the same time

im too chicken to take pics out in the wild while hunting because im afraid ima see/get something i dont want lol

Sydney

« Reply #3955 on: April 15, 2015, 06:03:02 PM »
yes, orb sounds right.  Its creepy because the sun just started to set around 5tish after we had an early dinner...its too early for spirits to roam at that time...but I just can't believe I was in the open taking those photos. 

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3956 on: April 16, 2015, 10:35:51 AM »
sydney
we may think its too early because its not dark yet but i feel there is no time of when "spirits" will be out and about

my reasoning is while out hunting/fishing even during mid-day i get weird eery feelings like something is around me or watching me from time to time

i have had my fair share of seeing/hearing weird things, mostly during hunting though

Sydney

« Reply #3957 on: April 16, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »
I know what you mean.  I have had my own personal experiences with spooking stuff too. I used to work 2-3 jobs during my undergrad years, one of them was shelving books at the U of MN Walter library.  Sometimes in the archived areas on the 10th floor or 3rd floor where nobody has access to, you almost could hear a pin drops.  Its so dusty that you could see dust particles flying thru the shimmering light ray.  In the quietest morning or evening, you could sense a breath of air.  Sometimes, it would be a sensational brush on the forearms, like a tease.  That's when you know you are not alone.  Maybe there was something, maybe it was just my imagination.   ;D

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3958 on: April 17, 2015, 04:21:28 PM »
freaky!!

Kab Laim Thoj

« Reply #3959 on: April 20, 2015, 09:29:22 AM »
I been reading all these HGS in school and i just thought I should share one of my ghost stories! I'm new to this so yeah....lol
This story was back in Thailand.
Every girl in my grandpa village thought my grandpa was the most handsome man ever! He was an orphan so he never thought of having a girlfriend/wife since he is so poor and all his aunt and uncle never loves him. Anyways, there was a girl who fell in love with my grandpa. She try talking to him,but he always thought of her as a sister/friend. Will one day she force my grandpa to marry her but he refuse too since he doesn't have the money and he doesn't like her so she decide to go hang/kill herself since she never got my grandpa(my grandpa doesn't know). One day his aunt and uncle force him to go sleep at the garden so he can watch the field of rice and cows. It was dead dark and he was sitting beside the fire with his gun. He decide to go to sleep since it was so late. Right before he was about to close his eye he heard something crawling up the hill to the garden house. He was kind of scare but didn't think to much about it. So he close his eyes as tight as he can and was holding on to his gun. That "THING" was close to the garden house and my grandpa just couldn't take it anymore since he was so afraid it'll come get him. SO he got up and decide to kill that THING! He heard it rolling down the hill but no noise. The next morning he decide to go check it out. He found a tiger!!! He decide to leave the garden and go home. He finally figure it out that it was the girl who was in love with him so much that decided to kill herself since she never had him(I don't know how he found out).  ???

Advertisements